Welcome To aBlackWeb

He needs to decide if he wants to write a Black Mirror type show, or a regular show. Cuz this was a whole throwaway season, and it's only the 3rd one.
Y'all talking about "regular" from a show with invisible cars,A black Justin Bieber,Freaky murderous Mike Jackson clones,The Migos killing ppl in the woods on a re up,An alligator just in a house then pimp walking down the street let free by Katt Williams,a dude in a Batman mask stalking paperboi and the whole BAN ep to name a few moments?

Part of the reason why the show has leaned more into the randomness is because Paperboi is now famous.

His life has gotten more strange and absurd the more famous he gets because famous ppl and celebs live in a strange reality.

Last edited:
I still think Darius fucked Van
They left it vague but she did say she watched that movie Amele or whatever and flipped that night after seeing Tupac' s assisted suicide

@deadeye said it was all a dream, word to Biggie.

I wasn’t debating shit. These niggas been wrong about everything:

darius wasn’t fuckin van
This shit wasn’t no dream

Run me my fuckin scratch

I mean ppl on here weren't the only ppl who speculated on that because of her walking in the room looking like how ppl look when they're fucking in a hotel.

I think they pretty much debunked it in the finale when she said she watched that movie that night.

@deadeye said it was all a dream, word to Biggie.

I wasn’t debating shit. These niggas been wrong about everything:

darius wasn’t fuckin van
This shit wasn’t no dream

Run me my fuckin scratch
The only part that was a dream was that 1st pt with the black kid and the white lesbians.

Leading question.

Where did I say I liked the "plot"??

I loved the randomness.

I liked how they took a creative and satirical approach to addressing a lot of race issues.

I liked the subtle call backs to earlier seasons.

I loved the humor.

I enjoyed the anticipation I felt each week waiting for a new one to drop.

My biggest example is everybody wondering what's going on with Van, and the season finale is a Van centric episode where we see how far of the trails she went.

I enjoyed it bruh. Thought it was good TV. It was definitely entertaining, smart, well directed, and ultimately funny.

Like I know why I liked this season. I can provide detailed answers. I like the creative direction it went in. I like when I don't knew or can't guess what's going to happen next.

Everything doesn't need to be predictable or follow a prescribed formula to success. As long as it's entertaining I'm all for being different. Like if it still holds my attention and can get me to tune in weekly...I welcome different.

Van's episode was so far from where I was expecting. Like even her girl getting hype like "the bread was worth the wait" was so funny to me, cuz that's exactly what everyone was thinking...... Solely because they led us there by them keep talking about the bread.... That's good, funny, smart TV....

I fucked with it

What you like is what's kinda trash to me. Just like if any other show consistently abandoned the characters and plot of the show. You do that maybe once a season. You don't have half the season filled with episodes unrelated to the plot and unrelated to each other.

Last episode was ass too. Nobody GAF about Van. Wasn't thinking about her. She could have not been in the season at all, and it would have been OK. But this explanation of where she's been was wack...and of course...more depressing shit. Because the show is just Watching sad people be sad, with some humor thrown in.

I'm not saying shows need to follow a really specific formula. The episodes should be about whatever the show is about though. Like I said... if he wants to make Black Mirror... make another show and do it. But this half Black Mirror, half regular show made the regular show kinda ass.

Y'all talking about "regular" from a show with invisible cars,A black Justin Bieber,Freaky murderous Mike Jackson clones,The Migos killing ppl in the woods on a re up,An alligator just in a house then pimp walking down the street let free by Katt Williams,a dude in a Batman mask stalking paperboi and the whole BAN ep to name a few moments?

Part of the reason why the show has leaned more into the randomness is because Paperboi is now famous.

His life has gotten more strange and absurd the more famous he gets because fame and celebs live in a strange reality.

All that can be in a regular show. That shit was still about the characters in the show and their experiences.

Why do y'all keep calling it randomness when I'm talking about unrelated? I'm not saying weird random shit shouldn't happen to the characters. I'm saying literally half the season shouldn't be unrelated to anyone or anything in the show. That's what I mean by "regular show". It follows the characters in the show. Black Mirror is mostly standalone unrelated stories about different people each episode.

Your opinion. But it's definitely spilt.

Some people hated this season. Some loved it.

And if both sides can intelligently discuss their stance...

Then the season at the very least... Provided people with shit to talk about. I think this is the season we talked the most about. And in those regards.. Mission accomplished.

Season 4 premiere might have their highest viewership.

#1 rule of show business. Always leave them wanting more.

Atlanta left so many questions without doing a traditional "cliffhanger" ending.... We'll all be tuning in next run

What unanswered questions do you have?

After 3 weeks in France, Van is a Fluent French speaker, hands dealer who knows everybody lmao

that whole season finale is closer to a dream sequence than anything

Back