I don't think it was "for" white people....I think they were just doing their thing. Shit wasn't a learning experience... It was entertaining. I don't see a bunch of white people talking about this show...I don't even know any white people who watch.. Everybody I've talked to about this show was black

And they either loved it or hated it. But don't think just cuz you hate it everybody else has to hate it too.... That's not how shit works. People gonna have different opinions about things

I don't think it was "for" white people....I think they were just doing their thing. Shit wasn't a learning experience... It was entertaining. I don't see a bunch of white people talking about this show...I don't even know any white people who watch.. Everybody I've talked to about this show was black

And they either loved it or hated it. But don't think just cuz you hate it everybody else has to hate it too.... That's not how shit works. People gonna have different opinions about things

dufamily, I hear you. I don’t think the average white person watches Atlanta either. Which made this shit even more confusing.

But damn near every episode this season was in effort to slap the white hand and say “dear white people”

Reactions: deadeye
0cdf24b3f5d2d74023e745f86ec39b69b221fdc7.gifv

2b45508a3ae4ca6ff91feadeea96320f636f1d79.gifv

73d85c0a8ffec7153ae28bb7c7f9397025dfb2f9.gifv

1b7e56f15771954e1b4a5b4dc6de69b90c475a26.gifv

I'm not reading all the bullshit that's been posted since Du didn't know he was watching a tranny on screen

BUT

I think there are people in this thread who have never liked this show simply because they hear about a show titled Atlanta and came up with their own ideas of what the show would be about. There were niggas who were legit mad there wasn't more scenes of the strip club. You can watch P valley for that. I would hope Atlanta is more than just famous names of clubs where black entertainers frequent.

This season definitely was off from the previous two but I never looked at that as a bad thing. I gave my brother Du shit about the tranny but frfr, his thoughts about this season, the randomness, etc pretty much sum up my thoughts perfectly about this season.

Well done
:hahaha:

• Haha
Reactions: AP2.5
I also watch shit like this that focus on the awkward,dark,and deep parts of the show

I see a lot of ppl on some "Shut up and dribble","They doing too much","stick to comedy" shit

But this show has always been artistic,thought provoking,and odd.

Nothing about this show being so out of the box surprises me.

Ppl must have been watching ans not understanding what was going on.

it's those weird parts I like the most.

I have no problem with them speaking on real shit. Like the Central Park 5 episode... no problem because they did it through Paperboi. But 5 of the 10 episodes this season didn't really involve Paperboi or Earn. That's too much unrelated filler imo.

Gotta make sure the show stays depressing

I have no problem with them speaking on real shit. Like the Central Park 5 episode... no problem because they did it through Paperboi. But 5 of the 10 episodes this season didn't really involve Paperboi or Earn. That's too much unrelated filler imo.

Gotta make sure the show stays depressing

All a matter of perspective.. you see it as depressing.. I see it as the characters working their way through some shit..

Whether it's Earn finding his purpose.. Paperboi trying to navigate his writers block.. Van trying to figure out who she is or wants to be etc.

lol all the issues the characters “worked through” weren’t even dealt all that well except van who is a character who didn’t matter that much this season

paperboi talked to a tranny Du wants to smash one time and it’s “omg wow!”

lol all the issues the characters “worked through” weren’t even dealt all that well except van who is a character who didn’t matter that much this season

paperboi talked to a tranny Du wants to smash one time and it’s “omg wow!”

lmao ayyyo!

who said they gotta deal with it "well" though.. the story being told is them dealing with their own shit in different ways.

Earn burying himself in work. Paperboi got high and saw what he saw and all that shit somehow circled back to him dealing with the loss of his moms(again)... and Van going through her own shit

Y’all gotta stall big homie Du out lol

🤣

Reactions: AP2.5
All a matter of perspective.. you see it as depressing.. I see it as the characters working their way through some shit..

Whether it's Earn finding his purpose.. Paperboi trying to navigate his writers block.. Van trying to figure out who she is or wants to be etc.

I'd see it that way if more was celebrated. But like Paperboi seems to be making big steps as an artist, but I don't see him happy about his career much, and he seems to hate what comes with fame. Earn is always sad too. Even when these dudes get some pussy, some sad needs to be thrown in. PB was fuckin those 2 girls at the same time... turned out they were crazy and he didn't want to talk to Earn any it. Earn fucked Van... next morning she's gone.

Van's on a European getaway after a breakup or something... ok cool... no more questions asked. AHT AHT...wait. She halfway tried to kill herself and she's out there having a breakdown running away from her problems.

Last edited:
ATL the movie and Atlanta the tv show lol both about the same place but barely crossover

This show is hella surrealistic. Supposed to kinda blur the lines. Remember the episode when they went to the party and met Socks for the first time?

That episode had alot of relatable moments: white people gatekeeping what to be offended by and how, people standing up on behalf of black issues without a real core understanding of the issues, and lol especially ol girl trying to hook up with Darius, even thou she was the fiancé of the guy that invited them there. I think many black men can attest about a degree of fetishization - we just usually try to ethically capitalize lol.

Last edited:
lmao ayyyo!

who said they gotta deal with it "well" though.. the story being told is them dealing with their own shit in different ways.

Earn burying himself in work. Paperboi got high and saw what he saw and all that shit somehow circled back to him dealing with the loss of his moms(again)... and Van going through her own shit

🤣
Shit was weak

all you saw was Earn with an increased workload but now it’s “character development”

paperboi got high and thought about people taking advantage and his masters

Darius…is broke and free

4 years later and that’s it

Shit was weak

all you saw was Earn with an increased workload but now it’s “character development”

paperboi got high and thought about people taking advantage and his masters

Darius…is broke and free

4 years later and that’s it

Coo you aint like it.. that's well established at this point.. what now?

What kinda character development you wanted to see? Matter fact how much character development and story did we see from season 1 to season 2 since so much was "missing" this season?

You gon watch the next season or naw?

This season seemed like all the actors had other shit to do, but were contractually obligated to deliver a 3rd season. How many episodes did each character show up for at least 5 minutes?

Half the season (5) or less probably. Paper Boi, Earn, Val, or Darius make it to 6?

Coo you aint like it.. that's well established at this point.. what now?

What kinda character development you wanted to see? Matter fact how much character development and story did we see from season 1 to season 2 since so much was "missing" this season?

You gon watch the next season or naw?
I didn’t really ask for character development per se I just wanted to watch a season that felt like it mattered to the main cast

Not much happened bro bro

Sorry sir can’t remember the character development between those two seasons since it was like 5 years ago

I’m not asking for character development I’m combating the things you guys are saying as far how much development they had. You guys are describing it like the bar is low and taking one maybe two conversations over 10 Eps as this huge thing

I’ll put it to you like this.. let’s say they never go to Europe

What changes outside of Van?