Welcome To aBlackWeb

So it's the black Seinfeld show? If so cool it's a show about nothing and this episode fits BUT if it's not that then this episode was not needed.

Remember the season of Seinfeld where they were writing the pilot? How there was an end goal and there was something being worked towards but every individual episode was still just about a day in the life of these characters? It's like that.

There is a lose story but overall its jut about the characters lives. No real arch or drama to be resolved.
Remember the season of Seinfeld where they were writing the pilot? How there was an end goal and there was something being worked towards but every individual episode was still just about a day in the life of these characters? It's like that.
That's fine and good but I still say this episode was wack. 3 good and 2 duds so far IMO. Last season was better SO FAR but we shall see.

The ep was dope but also obviously a showcase for Lakeith and his new film.

The fact they aired w/out commercials but took time to sneak peak the film as the only advertisment to focus on it.

I wonder if his movie was produced by ATL show creators. If not thats just good lookin out by them.

yall niggaz spoiled..

yall want all the answers right up front..

let a larger story be told, let some unexplained shit happen.....allow the creativity of the writers introduce some shit that leave you un settled...

shit has gotten dry and stale in hollywood, same tired cliche's over and over again...

this show is clearly not trying be like everything else...

they wanna establish their own lane....that's how you make a mark..

sometimes random episodes like this define a show.......

i think Atlanta has found their lane and they're comfortable in it....

i understand the apprehension with some of yall liking it, but it's not like it's not entertaining... the shit is a fun ride...

at least i'm enjoying myself.... and from an artistic standpoint, this show is amazing....

yo don't always have to know what's going on to enjoy yourself

The ep was dope but also obviously a showcase for Lakeith and his new film.

The fact they aired w/out commercials but took time to sneak peak the film as the only advertisment to focus on it.

I wonder if his movie was produced by ATL show creators. If not thats just good lookin out by them.
I think the dude who plays Ghost on Power produced the film. I may be wrong but I thought it was him and his partners.

yall niggaz spoiled..

yall want all the answers right up front..

let a larger story be told, let some unexplained shit happen.....allow the creativity of the writers introduce some shit that leave you un settled...

shit has gotten dry and stale in hollywood, same tired cliche's over and over again...

this show is clearly not trying be like everything else...

they wanna establish their own lane....that's how you make a mark..

sometimes random episodes like this define a show.......

i think Atlanta has found their lane and they're comfortable in it....

i understand the apprehension with some of yall liking it, but it's not like it's not entertaining... the shit is a fun ride...

at least i'm enjoying myself.... and from an artistic standpoint, this show is amazing....

yo don't always have to know what's going on to enjoy yourself
I get that BUT THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE WAS TRASH. Ok I get it, it was a play on losing or "robbing" one of their blackness. It wanted to make you think BUT episode was trash. Last week's episode was relatable because everyone has dealt with a shifty barber or at least a shitty person before.

This episode was wack until he called Paper Boi and the squad then it was funny after that went back to weirdo shit.

I think Teddy was way more scarred by his father's abuse than losing his blackness.

The Michael Jackson-Jigsaw look just helped make him look that more creepy.

Yep. And to add to that, also the Van episode where she was robbed of her time that was spent with Earn in a relationship she felt wasn't going anywhere. The theme is prevalent all throghought the season even if it isn't as conspicuous as many would have hoped.

I really have to applaud Donald Glover for Some of the creative decisions he's making this season. Usually when shows return to TV after winning awards and other accolades, they prefer to play things safe. Glover on the other hand decided to eschew conventional expection altogether. and the show is better off because of it

Pretty much.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it. Obviously they're doing something right to spark this debate we're having now

This is definitely in need of a second viewing. The upfront shit that was dope to me:

Darius fixing the confederate flag hat up to be "U Mad" had me rolling.

Soft boiled ostrich egg was gross as fuck.

The Polaroid flash and Darius, "I'm not a fan of cameras" Get Out reference.

Michael Jackson fedora when he was coming into the theater room.

I feel like a dumbass for not getting the Robbin' Season subtleties until this episode (since Michael Jackson is damn near a universal symbol for being robbed of a childhood). Gotta rewatch it, but Teddy being the father would probably have been more obvious with an older character. The white makeup and prosthetics made Glover look super young.

Back