Welcome To aBlackWeb

I think he’s also making a statement on how when black people do finally get into Hollywood they feel like they have to do uber-black content. Like they can’t just do whatever, it has to be black centric. Donald Glover has probably felt this way which is why he took the show in a more non-traditional direction. Eclectic themes and plots that have black actors.
I get it but why now just make a whole new show deacatied to that instead of waiting to the last two seasons to do this.

I get it but why now just make a whole new show deacatied to that instead of waiting to the last two seasons to do this.
I think he started it in Season 2 though with the episode about this dude:

9188EB2E-CD62-429D-95A2-86A28B31E427.jpeg

May have dabbled a little sooner than this but I can’t remember.

Either way, he might not feel the need to do a whole other show. Maybe he doesn’t feel like he has enough content for that. Maybe he even ran out of content for the main plot so he started doing these type episodes. Or maybe he feels like this is the only platform he’ll ever have to get this shit off.

I think he started it in Season 2 though with the episode about this dude:

View attachment 950597

May have dabbled a little sooner than this but I can’t remember.

Either way, he might not feel the need to do a whole other show. Maybe he doesn’t feel like he has enough content for that. Maybe he even ran out of content for the main plot so he started doing these type episodes. Or maybe he feels like this is the only platform he’ll ever have to get this shit off.

I dont think dude will have any issue getting some shit off on whatever platform he decides to take his talents to after Atlanta ends

I get where you guys coming from and yes now you guys put it in the spotlight. He did episodes like this back in the day to. It just season 3 was overkilled especially since the show was coming back from a long break and now in season 4 we are at the last three episodes he decided the 8th episode to do something like this where he could left that shit in season 3. So he can have room to fully develop the story and characters in season 4.

I get where you guys coming from and yes now you guys put it in the spotlight. He did episodes like this back in the day to. It just season 3 was overkilled especially since the show was coming back from a long break and now in season 4 we are at the last three episodes he decided the 8th episode to do something like this where he could left that shit in season 3. So he can have room to fully develop the story and characters in season 4.
All I’m saying is maybe he doesn’t have anything left in the tank for the main characters. Maybe he only had enough material for 5 episodes of main cast stuff this season.

For me all I want are good episodes and content, whether it’s focused on the main cast or not. Main cast don’t even have stories and plots that span multiple episodes anyway. They could not have another main cast episode and I wouldn’t feel like anything was left unresolved.

Freshb651 Here we have another individual here instead using his intelligence to defend what he is saying. He goes and display his female behavior and cowardice his way through life.

All I’m saying is maybe he doesn’t have anything left in the tank for the main characters. Maybe he only had enough material for 5 episodes of main cast stuff this season.

For me all I want are good episodes and content, whether it’s focused on the main cast or not. Main cast don’t even have stories and plots that span multiple episodes anyway. They could not have another main cast episode and I wouldn’t feel like anything was left unresolved.
Ok fair enough you have a point here.

Season 3 and 4 were shot during covid. The restrictions caused by the pandemic and the various outside projects of the 4 principle characters could easily explain these stand alone episodes being used to work around the scheduling conflicts caused during covid times.

As for the episode itself, it completely ties in to the themes of the season and fits pretty seamlessly next to the kinds of stories they have told up until this point.

Nah I know, I’m just bullshittin’, lol.

It was a great episode though and for him to get all of those folks to make it seem real was dope. Filmed just like a doc as well.

Ain’t going to lie, they almost had me until dude said Tom went full Goof in the board meeting, lol.

I think they needed this after last week’s episode just to bring it back to its eclectic nature. Last week was very vanilla for lack of a better term.

FgPiD84XwAERIZH.jpeg

jx02q51ekkw91.jpg

The Goof Who Sat By The Door.

Back