Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cuz he black and rich. Having a gun on you like you a regular ass nigga is the DUMBEST thing you could do when you in his position ..

But yeah, 1st season paperboi gonna have that thang on him

Agreed but we see rich niggas do that dumb shit all the time lol. He shoulda at least had it at the crib tho.

Was talkin about the ep with a homie and they was like shiiiet it was prolly better he didnt have it on him at the mall, them other folks prolly woulda shot at his ass too

Just finished it.

Dope ep. One of my new faves and will stick with me for a while.

So much was communicated through just the damn silences and choice of camera shots.

Them leaving the tent, "the broken home", behind was a nice touch. And Lottie's smile at the end was the perfect finisher.

5/5.

I wonder why they chose to film in 4:3 tho.

Saw this on Reddit:

Earn was the snipe.
Very rare
It only comes out at night (Earn’s emotions)
It has red eyes (Earn crying)
Only the coolest and smartest can catch it (Earn admitted to Van she’s all he ever wanted. She is his dream girl. She’s the coolest and smartest)
Lottie: Did you ever catch it?
Van: No but with your help I think I can

Earn told Van that Lottie is the physical manifestation of what happens when they get together. Lottie helped Earn both realize and understand his immense love for both Van and their family.

Saw this on Reddit:

Earn was the snipe.
Very rare
It only comes out at night (Earn’s emotions)
It has red eyes (Earn crying)
Only the coolest and smartest can catch it (Earn admitted to Van she’s all he ever wanted. She is his dream girl. She’s the coolest and smartest)
Lottie: Did you ever catch it?
Van: No but with your help I think I can

Earn told Van that Lottie is the physical manifestation of what happens when they get together. Lottie helped Earn both realize and understand his immense love for both Van and their family.
Well damn

When we remember that we learned earlier in the season that Earn confided to his therapist that he had been molested, what he said to Van has more meaning

Last edited:
Spoilered just for length.

Kids are smart, man. They can usually tell when a vibe is off. Even as a young kid I knew that my mom and dad did NOT fuck with each other.

I never experienced any verbal arguments or overt moments of disrespect in either direction.

But whenever he'd come to pick me up, you could cut the tension and awkwardness with a knife. That feeling that I felt is just something you can't capture on film. I recall moments of just leaving the room to busy myself to do other things while they fumbled through whatever awkward conversations they were having. And then when he was ready to bounce, I'd leave with him and we'd be fine together. Just like time spent alone with mom was just fine.

But Lottie can tell that no matter how much her mom and dad love her, there is an unspoken tension in the room when they're together. She knows it and it makes her feel uncomfortable so she'd rather be doing other things. It's also why she prefers being around her grandparents because it's likely that she can FEEL the love and authenticity in the room versus the awkwardness of being around her parents performative "make nice for Lottie" act.

This was the first episode that I watched back2back between the first and second viewing. Plays even better the second time around when you know where you're being led.

Back