Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are we pretty much over the era of black quarterback discrimination?

I asked you how do you define discrimination in the context of this topic. You said this “I mean how the league is treating them as far as discrimination”. That’s not an answer.

You know what discrimination is. I'm asking for it from the league. You're giving Peter King articles and draft rumors. None of that really matters, and none of it is the NFL. I spoke on this earlier.

I guess I should clarify what I meant. We'll never be in a bias-free world. But when it comes down to it... how's the treatment.

Like pay and opportunity are major things imo. What a random writer says isn't as important to me. Especially if they're in the minority, vs being the norm.

You know what discrimination is. I'm asking for it from the league. You're giving Peter King articles and draft rumors. None of that really matters, and none of it is the NFL. I spoke on this earlier.
Let’s try this another way. If you asked me that question here’s how I might answer it.

Are black qb’s no longer being given less opportunities? Are they not being told about their IQ’s, or being great athletes, told to switch positions.

Let’s try this another way. If you asked me that question here’s how I might answer it.

Are black qb’s no longer being given less opportunities? Are they not being told about their IQ’s, or being great athletes, told to switch positions.

Good questions. I don't think they're being given less opportunities in the NFL. I don't hear about IQ issues. I do hear about Wonderlic scores sometimes, but I'd say those criticisms are based on the score, not race.

Who are the QB's that didn't get their opportunity to play QV? Also, this is SOMETIMES overblown. Sometimes dudes just aren't NFL level QB's, but they can contribute at other positions, so they do. Like Terrell Pryor or Taysom Hill. If y'all watch Last Chance U, John Franklin was a QB on there. Played WR for the Bucs. Position changes happen at the high school and college level all the time without anyone batting an eye.

Good questions. I don't think they're being given less opportunities in the NFL. I don't hear about IQ issues. I do hear about Wonderlic scores sometimes, but I'd say those criticisms are based on the score, not race.

Who are the QB's that didn't get their opportunity to play QV? Also, this is SOMETIMES overblown. Sometimes dudes just aren't NFL level QB's, but they can contribute at other positions, so they do. Like Terrell Pryor or Taysom Hill. If y'all watch Last Chance U, John Franklin was a QB on there. Played WR for the Bucs. Position changes happen at the high school and college level all the time without anyone batting an eye.
You’re looking for people to agree with you. 4/5 posters told you no. But I guess it is what it is.

You said the questions you have regarding discrimination, got answers, then ignored the points you were interested in.

An opinion based on bad info, and unsupported narratives doesn't hold much weight.
I needed something more detailed can you provide that yes or no? If not we’re going around in circles…

I needed something more detailed can you provide that yes or no? If not we’re going around in circles…

I gave you details. I said I'm interested in things done by the NFL, and for examples asked if black QB's are missing out on opportunities or pay. That's too vague?

You gave the questions you'd ask, and I addressed them. One questions was the same as mine (opportunity). Why aren't you even addressing the questions you have?

I gave you details. I said I'm interested in things done by the NFL, and for examples asked if black QB's are missing out on opportunities or pay. That's too vague?

You gave the questions you'd ask, and I addressed them. One questions was the same as mine (opportunity). Why aren't you even addressing the questions you have?
No you did not. I gave you an example of what I’d ask if I asked for details. Now, so do you want to give details or not?

No you did not. I gave you an example of what I’d ask if I asked for details. Now, so do you want to give details or not?

Bruh, you're playing dumb on purpose. I asked is the NFL showing discriminatory practices towards black quarterbacks? For example, are they being treated differently in regard to opportunities or compensation?

That's too vague for you to understand what I'm asking?

Bruh, you're playing dumb on purpose. I asked is the NFL showing discriminatory practices towards black quarterbacks? For example, are they being treated differently in regard to opportunities or compensation?

That's too vague for you to understand what I'm asking?
5 posters told you yes and gave you examples. Then I said we might be lost in translation so define discrimination, so if that’s all you got then basically my take away is that you don’t like the answers and you were hoping people would agree with you.

5 posters told you yes and gave you examples. Then I said we might be lost in translation so define discrimination, so if that’s all you got then basically my take away is that you don’t like the answers and you were hoping people would agree with you.

What examples addressed the things I listed?

Mostly what I've seen said is basically media opinions, and scouting reports. That has nothing to do with the NFL, opportunities, or compensation.

sounds like Bow was franing the question as it pertains to labor discrimination on that front…I will say that it is minimal. But I think that has to do more with how the game is evolving and athletic traits at QB are more valuable and necessary.

If the game still relied on pure pocket passing…then yeah…niggas would still be getting shorted

sounds like Bow was franing the question as it pertains to labor discrimination on that front…I will say that it is minimal. But I think that has to do more with how the game is evolving and athletic traits at QB are more valuable and necessary.

If the game still relied on pure pocket passing…then yeah…niggas would still be getting shorted
In terms of pay not much but in terms of perception that discrimination is still there.

I think there is still a bias there, but it's more subtle. Even from the standpoint of great black QBs always being described in terms of athletic and great white QBs being called intelligent. That still kinda catches my ear, but I think they are making progress.

Exactly. That's what's real, and what matters imo. Teams picking you, putting you in a position to succeed, and paying you what you deserve.

What a Sports Illustrated scouting report says is mostly irrelevant. Mel Kiper isn't out here deciding how a player's career goes.

In terms of pay not much but in terms of perception that discrimination is still there.

If they're being selected to play for a team and getting top dollar for it, what's the perception? Teams' actions are speaking. They told the white boy to get out the way because the black player is better. So who's doing the discriminating? Todd McShay?

Last edited:
If they're being selected to play for a team and getting top dollar for it, what's the perception? Teams' actions are speaking. They told the white boy to get out the way because the black player is better. So who's doing the discriminating? Todd McShane?
🤔

the thread starter may be an older person who remembers how it was 10-15 years ago. viable question if you grew up in that era.

Back