Are we pretty much over the era of black quarterback discrimination?

Who mocked him #1? A random rumor came out just before the draft that Carolina was picking him, but that's all I heard about him being 1st pick.

How widespread, inaccurate, and impactful is the criticism though? If a small minority has an inaccurate racially bias review of a player, but the player is still drafted #1 overall and a majority of reviews aren't problematic is there really much of a discrimination problem?
If there were no discrimination like you’re claiming there isn’t why were they doing the usual “he’s a great athlete but he’s not a qb routine”?

Mixed race QBs are still spoken about differently than the Anthony Richardsons and Lamar Jacksons

I never really thought about this.....but maybe and maybe not

Justin Fields caught a lot of flack last season..he doesn't look like Lamar

Dak definitely did last year.

Kaepernick back in the day got it... comparing his declining play to why he started kneeling

I never really thought about this.....but maybe and maybe not

Justin Fields caught a lot of flack last season..he doesn't look like Lamar

Dak definitely did last year.

Kaepernick back in the day got it... comparing his declining play to why he started kneeling

Yea it certainly can happen to mixed raced QBs but how many full black QBs can you think of that came in with immediate respect? Even Dak had a lot of respect initially until he repeatedly shit the bed.

If there were no discrimination like you’re claiming there isn’t why were they doing the usual “he’s a great athlete but he’s not a qb routine”?

Who'd they do that with? I feel like you're working yourself up over straw man arguments. Where was all this Levis as the #1 pick at? And who said the QB's are more athlete than QB?

Black QB's were 3 of the first 4 picks. That's what happened in reality by the people that give the opportunities and write the checks.

Who'd they do that with? I feel like you're working yourself up over straw man arguments. Where was all this Levis as the #1 pick at? And who said the QB's are more athlete than QB?

Black QB's were 3 of the first 4 picks. That's what happened in reality by the people that give the opportunities and write the checks.
The first time in history, which is the anomaly.

Not everybody is sold on former Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson in the 2023 NFL Draft.

In Peter King’s latest Football Morning in America column, the NFL insider has the former Gators star going to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 23 in his mock draft. Richardson may have the highest upside of any quarterback slated to go in the first round, but he also has the lowest floor. Not to say he is going to be the next JaMarcus Russell, but I am getting massive Vince Young vibes here.

Why’s he being compared to Vince Young?

Yes and No. they still don’t see black qb’s as “smart” like they automatically see white wb’s
I think Russell Wilson was the first black qb I ever heard them praise his intelligence

Bryce Young is the next one I have heard them openly talk about his football IQ and how fast he processes information

All the other guys is strictly physical/athletic attributes that get praised

Reactions: Rubato
That’s actually crazy. I can’t think of a single Mike Vick complected QB who was described as intelligent. Like at any level.

Maybe Troy Smith when he was at OSU?

That even feels like a reach

The first time in history, which is the anomaly.

Not everybody is sold on former Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson in the 2023 NFL Draft.

In Peter King’s latest Football Morning in America column, the NFL insider has the former Gators star going to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 23 in his mock draft. Richardson may have the highest upside of any quarterback slated to go in the first round, but he also has the lowest floor. Not to say he is going to be the next JaMarcus Russell, but I am getting massive Vince Young vibes here.

Why’s he being compared to Vince Young?

Because he thinks he may play like VY. And he might, shit the draft is a gamble. He also said he has the highest upside of any QB in the draft. This sounds like you think any criticism of a black player is racism.

Last edited:
Reactions: truthful
Because he thinks he may play like VY. And he might, shit the draft is a gamble. He also said he has the highest upside of any QB in the draft. This sounds like you think any criticism of a black player is racism.
Why didn’t he think he may play like Steve Young? If you want to use a bust comp how about Jake Locker?

Maybe we’re lost in translation how do you define discrimination in the context of this topic?

Why didn’t he think he may play like Steve Young? If you want to use a bust comp how about Jake Locker?

Maybe we’re lost in translation how do you define discrimination in the context of this topic?

Steve Young stopped playing before he was even born. And for readers, it may be more helpful to compare him to someone they remember watching. Most people under bout 40 don't really remember SY like that. Locker had less than 100 career rushing yards, so he may have figured that's not a good style comparison.

I mean how the league is treating them as far as discrimination. That's why I was saying earlier I'm not too worried about a random scouting profile when the actual league is drafting someone #2 overall.

Steve Young stopped playing before he was even born. And for readers, it may be more helpful to compare him to someone they remember watching. Most people under bout 40 don't really remember SY like that. Locker had less than 100 career rushing yards, so he may have figured that's not a good style comparison.

I mean how the league is treating them as far as discrimination. That's why I was saying earlier I'm not too worried about a random scouting profile when the actual league is drafting someone #2 overall.
You didn’t answer my question but it’s alright…