Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are U Cool With Ur S/O Having Friends Of The Opposite Sex?

Would You Allow It?

• Total voters
They can't chill one on one. We can all chill together. My man shouldn't wanna chill with no other female no way. I'm a lot of fun.
MikeTomlinClapsPoints_zpsmg5u0lvc.gif

It doesn't bother me at all. I have male, gay, lesbian and all sorts of "other" types of friends that I hang out with, when I hang out.

Most of the time there are trust issues involved when your man or woman befriending the opposite sex is a problem.
Even if the other person wants to get it with your S/O the trust that he/she wouldn't cross that line should give you comfort.

I have male friends and my husband has female friends. We are not robots people. programmed to ONLY friend males if we are males in a relationship and vice versa. lol.

Folks kill me with these rules and boundaries we put on ourselves. Too much to think about, ISH hurts my brain trying to remember this invisible moral/relationship code of conduct.

Just BE. Because preventing your girl from hanging with dudes doesn't mean she won't cheat lol, so what is the reason behind not allowing her to have male friends?

You make alot of great points, but I still feel there needs to be boundaries. If two people of the opposite sex converse with each other on the regular to the point their confiding in each other, it's natural for feelings to get involved. So not only does having boundaries help prevent that, it's also a respect factor. Your girl should be able to have male friends, but if they're on the phone almost daily for hours or hanging out on the regular one on one, that's a recipe for disaster imo.

But if you or your s/o have no insecurity issues, then it shouldn't be an issue.

And I'm hoping the friends know where the boundaries lie at as well

U think a nigga cares about a shorty having a nigga?

J6wXl.gif

I was born at night, not last night nigga

Naw idk about this lol I mean every day on the regular. Maybe if she was a very old friend, had a man and we all could hang out ..... or if when I met him I knew about her and was use to them chatting and accepted that she was apart of his life, any other scenarios I'm not sure about at all.

My man can have friends. he's not my property, I don't own him. I mean...is this a relationship or prison ?

...that's why it's important to get with someone who values you and wouldn't do something that would make you feel uncomfortable.

Boundaries and mutual respect is key.

My best in real life is a dude been my best since we was teens even went to school dances together but never once has he over stepped his boundaries. Even now that we on sum grown folk bizz He lives in Houston, Texas and when he come to visit he stay with me in my home and nun funny ever went down especially now that we grown. Matta fact perfect example went out drank to much he took me home and tucked me in my bed and that's it found him on the couch the next morn.
It's ok to have friends but yes thre are boundaries that have to be set and my dude has to be ok wit anything I do wit my male (homie).
My biggest thing is even if yu not religious do unto others as yu would have them do unto yu so wit that bein said if yu can't tell ya s/o bout wot y'all up to then DON'T FU*KING DO IT!!!

Back