Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are U Cool With Ur S/O Having Friends Of The Opposite Sex?

Would You Allow It?

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
When I say friends, I mean someone he/she frequently texts/calls and hangs out with. Would you allow it?

i'm kinda torn on it

i mean if it was someone that was previously in her life prior to us meeting, then i can assume that whatever happened, sexually or not, happened way before i came into the picture and if they was gon be together, it would've happened

but, i think i would take a slight issue with her just meeting some random in the starbucks and then calling him a friend

Yea if it's an old friend, then I would be cool with her talkin/chillin with the nigga (not one on one) sometimes. But if she's chillin with the nigga on the regular , something's going on.

I believe men and women can be friends. If they're truly just friends, it shouldn't be a problem that one or both parties are in relationships. They'll just have less time to spend on each other, I'd imagine.

Now, it's less likely to be pure friendship if they're on the phone every night for hours talking about their hopes, dreams and fears. Emotional intimacy is a no no. Regular texting, lunches here in there, hanging out in groups and talking about homie shit, though? Why not?

My policy is this: If they're behaving in the same way as they would with a platonic friend of the same sex, and they are only saying things to one another that they'd be comfortable saying in front of you, then there is little to worry about.

Just gotta be mindful of whether there is or was ever interest there. That imo dooms opposite sex friendships.

i gotta know dude.....and there can't ever be an issue if i wanna hang out with them....

i mean at this point, my friends are her friends and vice versa....

onetime a bunch of my home girls wanted to hang out with my wife on some "ladies night out" shit had me legit confused for a second, and i had to reevaluate my life

i gotta know dude.....and there can't ever be an issue if i wanna hang out with them....

i mean at this point, my friends are her friends and vice versa....

onetime a bunch of my home girls wanted to hang out with my wife on some "ladies night out" shit had me legit confused for a second, and i had to reevaluate my life

This this this this this. If there's no agenda there, they should be cool with the significant other joining.

I believe men and women can be friends. If they're truly just friends, it shouldn't be a problem that one or both parties are in relationships. They'll just have less time to spend on each other, I'd imagine.

Now, it's less likely to be pure friendship if they're on the phone every night for hours talking about their hopes, dreams and fears. Emotional intimacy is a no no. Regular texting, lunches here in there, hanging out in groups and talking about homie shit, though? Why not?

My policy is this: If they're behaving in the same way as they would with a platonic friend of the same sex, and they are only saying things to one another that they'd be comfortable saying in front of you, then there is little to worry about.

Just gotta be mindful of whether there is or was ever interest there. That imo dooms opposite sex friendships.

But that raises the question of is there even a such thing as a platonic relationship of the opposite sex? I'm not talking about the one's with obvious factors like (your brothers girl, etc).

you gotta know your s/o

people act different depending on who they're talking to and who they're around....

well, they act different if shit is different....my wife has nothing to suspect, cuz i act around my female friends the same way i act around my dudes, except i might cuss less....might.......but i'm such a social person, and do well in so many social settings, she knows i'm just being me....i make friends everywhere....

she's not the same forreal... most of her friends are really close to the chest...i know of like two dudes she's really tight with, and i've never had any issues with them, but they're not around enough or holla at her enough for me to to have truly gauge them....

where as my female friends be around my wife all the damn time

But that raises the question of is there even a such thing as a platonic relationship of the opposite sex? I'm not talking about the one's with obvious factors like (your brothers girl, etc).
I believe so. Might be a whole other discussion thread.

Also, you're forgetting that there are a whole lotta people who will have feelings for their brother's girl and similar unavailable people, just not act on them.

My best friend is female, known her since we were 5. I can talk to her all day and my wife wouldn't think nothing of it. Me personally if she was talking to an old male friend I will probably look at her sideways. It depends on who it is and how I see them interacting with her. At the end of the day I'll trust her

yea, sometimes having a bunch of female friends with your wife can lead to awkward moments....

we were all at a restaurant Saturday, and got into the conversation of who cooks the most between me and her, and my wife was going on and on about my omelets ...

about how big and full and wide they were , and one of my home girls goes "wait are we still talking about food here?"

and everybody busts out laughing with me literally blushing.....shit was clearly a joke, no one at that table seen my shit but my wife.... but just an example of how shit can be funny sometimes when the dynamics are mixed around like that.....

7VN5Ep5.gif

Back