Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are samples getting lazier today?

I guarantee you at least a few "top 50" sampling producers in hip hop have day jobs.

I guarantee you 9th Wonder makes his steady money being professor at NCSU and Duke.
That’s fine man

I’m just saying I would understand if someone would prefer to not go through the hassle of sampling if it’s not going to net me as much money as my non sampled beats due to splits and all that jazz

Especially since there’s a chance the sample might not even be cleared

That’s fine man

I’m just saying I would understand if someone would prefer to not go through the hassle of sampling if it’s not going to net me as much money as my non sampled beats due to splits and all that jazz

Especially since there’s a chance the sample might not even be cleared

Which brings us back to what I said earlier: Hip hop lost it's musical sound when these dudes stopped sampling. Some of the biggest producers of the last 15-16 years are shit-tier musicians that don't know anything about chords or chord progressions, scales, etc which is why you hear a lot of one-finger non-melodic "melodies" on the records since the ringtone era began.

The big business right now is in MIDI chord packs being sold to these non-playing ass niggas so they can sound like they actually know how to play when in reality, they know how to edit and drag and drop.

Which brings us back to what I said earlier: Hip hop lost it's musical sound when these dudes stopped sampling. Some of the biggest producers of the last 15-16 years are shit-tier musicians that don't know anything about chords or chord progressions, scales, etc which is why you hear a lot of one-finger non-melodic "melodies" on the records since the ringtone era began.

The big business right now is in MIDI chord packs being sold to these non-playing ass niggas so they can sound like they actually know how to play when in reality, they know how to edit and drag and drop.
It’s almost like..Hiphop is dying

All of the blame is being placed on the producers when it’s a combined garbage gumbo. The artists are uninspired and lazy too.

It’s not just the sampling of already sampled songs. It’s also maintaining the same concepts, melodies and sometimes lyrics of the already sampled song.

Everything now is cookie cutter.

Food used to be wholesome and good the things changed..processed foods and fast food hit.

That’s all this is..is processed fast food. It’s music not for longevity but for the streams. The art and love, for the majority of music, is lost.

No because the exact same thing happened in the 90s and early 2000s.

They can't be lazier than when Bad Boy was basically just using instrumentals for beats.

But we was already there in the 90's with them lazy ass beats Puffy was pushing out.

Considering the entire Bad Boy catalog in 1997 was straight 80s jams it really is no worse than it was 20 years ago. Only issue I got is sampling songs that have been sampled to death already

Been around the world

Let's dance (original)

I'll be missing you

Every breath you take (original)

Mo money, mo problems

I'm coming out (original)

Feel so good

Hollywood Swinging (original)

Satisy you

I got 5 on it (original)

Which one? I love Al's minimal sample loops... I guarantee it's a banger.
So I went back and checked, it wasn’t the whole project, but personally I need more percussion than tracks like No Yeast, The Tonight Show, and Endurance Runners off of Continuance

They was Bound 2 all over again

Shook lol

I listen to endurance runners and Louis baggage everyday

But I feel rubato, that project could’ve been better if Al put his foot in it a bit more

So I went back and checked, it wasn’t the whole project, but personally I need more percussion than tracks like No Yeast, The Tonight Show, and Endurance Runners off of Continuance

They was Bound 2 all over again
I didn't go crazy over those beats, but they were cool. Shit, y'all bout to make me turn this into Beats Without Drums Appreciation thread. My favorite song of the year has no drums in it.

Shook lol

I listen to endurance runners and Louis baggage everyday

But I feel rubato, that project could’ve been better if Al put his foot in it a bit more
But the thing with Al is that he's not scared to try something that his core fans might not liked. I agree that Continuance could have been better, but I don't knock him for the different sounds he had for the project.

The GOAT sampling eras to me were between 90-95 and early 00’s during the soul sampling era (Kanye, Bink, Just Blaze etc..)

Niggas who take entire 8 bar loops and put drums over them are lazy

Chopping, pitching and slicing multiple instruments will always bring out the best in sampling

Back