Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are samples getting lazier today?

Word but I’m talking about the vast majority of producers and the mainstream ones that are under hmmm…40 years old

They ain't really using samples like that tho, are they???

Lotta the shit I hear now ain't even rockin' samples. Just 808's, a bassline, and some Omnisphere synths and it's ready to go.

They ain't really using samples like that tho, are they???

Lotta the shit I hear now ain't even rockin' samples. Just 808's, a bassline, and some Omnisphere synths and it's ready to go.
I’m referring to the ones that actually are sampling which makes the number even slimmer

Also at the same time I keep forgetting, sampling has drawbacks as far as clearance and contacting estates and artists, etc so I can see why they don’t want to deal with that

What happened to making something original? Mfs rely too much on sampling. That's the issue.

They got away from it ever since the ringtone era. Problem is the stuff ain't really all that musical anymore 'cause niggas don't know how to play anything. After years of that now we're back to samples but it's like they don't know how to flip 'em so they're taking a page out of Puffy's shit and just rocking instrumentals to old hits instead of finding some obscure shit to mangle and turn into something else.

Considering the entire Bad Boy catalog in 1997 was straight 80s jams it really is no worse than it was 20 years ago. Only issue I got is sampling songs that have been sampled to death already

That’s how I felt about Bound 2

Like damn he ain’t even throw no extra nothing on this
Ironically Griselda and Alchemist does the same thing. There is a whole subgenre of just chopping a sample with no kicks and snares.

Ironically Griselda and Alchemist does the same thing. There is a whole subgenre of just chopping a sample with no kicks and snares.
Yeah Alchemist did that on one of his projects with Curren$y and I thought it ruined what could have been incredible

Imagine going through the extensive sampling process for a dying art “For the love” in a bad economy

Imagine going through the extensive sampling process for a dying art “For the love” in a bad economy

Some folks just do it out of love for the artform. Money ain't even got to be involved, they just do it because they love it.

How many folks out there draw or paint because they love doing it and not because they think they're gonna sell those works? It's the same premise as making beats with samples out of love for the craft.

Some folks just do it out of love for the artform. Money ain't even got to be involved, they just do it because they love it.

How many folks out there draw or paint because they love doing it and not because they think they're gonna sell those works? It's the same premise as making beats with samples out of love for the craft.
Gotta pay bills too

Gotta pay bills too

That's why you work a job.

I do this:

5d5fba370778363bb6d25b35_linux-engineer.jpg

5d4ac03d85b81fe40f81ce35_cyber-security-engineer.jpg

5d67f08ebcadf77a159f3691_server-virtualization-engineer.jpg

So I can do this 'cause I love it:

20230708_164458.jpg

That's why you work a job.

I do this:

https://assets-global.website-files.com/5b6df8bb681f89c158b48f6b/5d4ac03d85b81fe40f81ce35_cyber-security-engineer.jpg
[IMG]https://assets-global.website-files.com/5b6df8bb681f89c158b48f6b/5d67f08ebcadf77a159f3691_server-virtualization-engineer.jpg

So I can do this 'cause I love it:

View attachment 1181943
Are you a top 50 producer in Hiphop? This is who I’m referring to

Back