Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are samples getting lazier today?

Not exactly....alot samples back then were more creative....this shit here is copy and paste

Early 90’s was the golden age of sampling genius

And early 00’s

Truthfully mid 2010’s were creative too it was just met with poor lyrics

I've been complaining about this since the Bad Boy days, but it definitely feels exponentially worse nowadays. There's no creativity to the sampling. Mfs are taking shit that's been used 1000 times already. Sampling shit that was already a hit back in the day. I haven't made beats in quite some time, but I always used to love to sample old, obscure shit, international shit...chop up instrumentals and re-play it to add my own flavor...etc. I liked sampling shit that a person would have to do their own digging to even find where I got it from. Nowadays it's like these producers aren't even looking for new shit to sample like there's not new, original music being created in other genres.

That’s why I have only listened to Kendrick “diss” once, that lazy ass sample pisses me off

They are but its not only in hip hop, shit the majority of mainstream music is covers of pop songs from about 20 years ago

I dont listen to the radio often but whenever I do every other song is a copy of a song from the early 2000s

That’s why I have only listened to Kendrick “diss” once, that lazy ass sample pisses me off

Hadn't heard it, didn't know of it until seeing this post. So.. I looked for it. My reaction when I found it.

AdJ7qS.gif

REALLY??!!! Just Jacked Rodney O and Joe Cooley for Everlasting Bass??? And barely chopped the shit, at least if you're gonna do alladat flip the shit some kinda clever way!

Hadn't heard it, didn't know of it until seeing this post. So.. I looked for it. My reaction when I found it.

AdJ7qS.gif

REALLY??!!! Just Jacked Rodney O and Joe Cooley for Everlasting Bass??? And barely chopped the shit, at least if you're gonna do alladat flip the shit some kinda clever way!
Now go listen to Hard Body by Wayne lol, the rip off ain’t even original

Back