Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Are Black people being pacified & intentionally distracted? Do symbolic gestures fail to address deep-rooted institutional racism?

The biggest issue is police brutality and the use of excessive force. If we could solve that problem, then everything else would be up to the individual.

For example, if you drop out of high school, join a gang and end up in jail, that's your fault. You can blame the Whiteman for creating the condition, but ultimately you're the one that committed the crime and broke the law.

But with police brutality, there's really nothing that an honest, law abiding, Black citizen can do on his end to prevent being stopped by a racist cop and brutalized.

Back in the 1950s when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat there was a Montgomery Bus Boycott that went on for about a year. While the boycott was going on Black people created something similar to Uber where they would give each other rides to where they wanted to go. It hurt the Whiteman in his pockets so bad that they had to change their policies and allow Black people to sit in the front of the bus.

In fact, all throughout the South there were Black owned restaurants because White's wouldn't serve Blacks.

When it was all said and done the Black 'Uber' companies and the Black restaurants went out of business because the Whiteman changed his policies and let us sit in the front of the bus and let us eat at his restaurants.

Basically the Whiteman let us spend our money at his establishments so the Black establishments went out of business.

We can't make that mistake again. We need to build an alternative to what the Whiteman has and support it when times are good or bad.

Don't just support a Black establishment when you're mad at Whitey.

damn this was extremely on point

It can be both. Fuck those statues and I am looking forward to BLM being painted on 5th Ave in front of Trump tower. But 100% that shit is only symbolic and not going to stop cops from killing us with impunity so we need to keep the pressure on until we see substantive change. I can enjoy the statues coming down and the murals, and stay focused and keep it in perspective. I’m not pacified by the symbolic gestures, hopefully not too many people are.

Killing the racist statues has pushed black folks I know into the conversation and expectation for being better with funding for the community, getting ppl in police departments that specifically respond to nonviolent and mental health issues, and protesting school boards, in particular state school boards for a change in curriculum

Also encouraging small black businesses to set up shop and pushing to get at least one black bank in an area.

Last edited:
Give

Give an example of the distractions and pacification. Make it plain .
Did you not see the illustration? Lol. Ppl focused on old racist HISTORY instead of the systematic racism that needs to be put under extreme pressure by all if us. Plus, plenty of coon & selected token negros gettin on major platforms and bowing down to the oppression making us look bad.

Did you not see the illustration? Lol. Ppl focused on old racist HISTORY instead of the systematic racism that needs to be put under extreme pressure by all if us. Plus, plenty of coon & selected token negros gettin on major platforms and bowing down to the oppression making us look bad.
The pictures didn't show on my phone my bad

The biggest issue is police brutality and the use of excessive force. If we could solve that problem, then everything else would be up to the individual.

For example, if you drop out of high school, join a gang and end up in jail, that's your fault. You can blame the Whiteman for creating the condition, but ultimately you're the one that committed the crime and broke the law.

But with police brutality, there's really nothing that an honest, law abiding, Black citizen can do on his end to prevent being stopped by a racist cop and brutalized.

Back in the 1950s when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat there was a Montgomery Bus Boycott that went on for about a year. While the boycott was going on Black people created something similar to Uber where they would give each other rides to where they wanted to go. It hurt the Whiteman in his pockets so bad that they had to change their policies and allow Black people to sit in the front of the bus.

In fact, all throughout the South there were Black owned restaurants because White's wouldn't serve Blacks.

When it was all said and done the Black 'Uber' companies and the Black restaurants went out of business because the Whiteman changed his policies and let us sit in the front of the bus and let us eat at his restaurants.

Basically the Whiteman let us spend our money at his establishments so the Black establishments went out of business.

We can't make that mistake again. We need to build an alternative to what the Whiteman has and support it when times are good or bad.

Don't just support a Black establishment when you're mad at Whitey.
Police brutality isn't a racist issue though. Whites get brutalized by police the same as blacks do. You just don't hear about it because selling that white people are experiencing police brutality doesn't sell well in the media because it pushes a police incompetence/corruption angle which isn't nearly as sexy of a sell in the media as police racism.

Why is it that there were twice as many unarmed white men killed by police last year as there were black men but I'm willing to bet you don't know a single name of any white person that was killed by the police while unarmed.

Your 1950's "Jim Crow" example is an example of actual Institutionalized racism in practice, legally being able to discriminate against minorities because of the color of their skin. Integration wasn't racism, it was giving blacks the choice to be equals in the eyes of the law and blacks making the choice to go sit with whitey and eat whitey's underseasoned food that caused those businesses to fail. Black people having freedom of choice and choosing to dine with whitey and causing the black businesses to fail isn't institutionalized racism, it's a short-sighted failure on black people as a whole that ended up causing them to have less of an economic, cultural, and political presence.

What's the institutional racism in place currently against black people?
[/Q
I would say right now...we are getting a seat at the table...for us to start participating...we gotta have some economic power...obviously it has to be local first. We gotta be able to build black wealth locally...then we can effect real change in politics and policies locally ie you cities, towns and metro areas...then we go state, then nationally.

If we want to be “equal” here in a capitalist society WITHOUT destroying everything we gotta put money behind it.

Its a fact that our dollar dont even circulate ONCE in our community before it leaves. It rolls right on through.
And this is why I keep pushing for black owned businesses.

I got a lot to say about this....I'll titangraph when I get on my laptop.

Save the titangraph....we know what needs doing .....it’s just doing it that s the issue for us

Save the titangraph....we know what needs doing .....it’s just doing it that s the issue for us
Why tho?

I keep hearing everyone can't run a business. Do people know how discouraging that shit is to someone who may be thinking about it?
Say many businesses fail.....

What about the ones that dint fail?

Niggas don't know how to be a parent but learn when the kids is here.

So what needs doing?
Or I'll say......How y'all want to get started.

Why tho?

I keep hearing everyone can't run a business. Do people know how discouraging that shit is to someone who may be thinking about it?
Say many businesses fail.....

What about the ones that dint fail?

Niggas don't know how to be a parent but learn when the kids is here.

So what needs doing?
Or I'll say......How y'all want to get started.
By making a point to support black endeavors we all know this but A bunch of us dont really put it in practice

go to the Gucci store in any major metropolitan Nowadays....u gonna see more urban blacks than anything

By making a point to support black endeavors we all know this but A bunch of us dont really put it in practice

go to the Gucci store in any major metropolitan Nowadays....u gonna see more urban blacks than anything
But we don't have enough options to totally become self sufficient because we don't have enough people A. Wanting to start a business and B. Thinking outside the box when starting one. Too many want a proven blueprint. Why you think it's so many barbers?

And we also don't value our products....What makes this worth this? I can't get a hook up?

And if we don't create our own opportunities for us and hire us....Then people will continue to have to code switch, wear their hair a certain way to not be too ethnic, get overlooked because the name is Guccinisha and all this other assimilation type shit. That shit is hella draining and stressful.

Back