Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Are Black people being pacified & intentionally distracted? Do symbolic gestures fail to address deep-rooted institutional racism?

its what 33 million black people in the US?

i few hired for speeches and few hired for diversity training and a few hired in board rooms doesnt help the other 33 million.

thats why i cant see this going no where.

these people in the US are not ready to have equal footing with black people.

they always need an advantage

why do you always think people think low of black people?

what is it in your head that always takes that side of things?

you will literally read "black men should stand up, we can do better, we are stronger than you think"
and you come in with....why do you think so low of black people?

you just cant take it as.....an actual compliment and encouragement?

That would be true but y’all don’t say that you say shit like “ why are black people so weak why niggas rather rap than go to school” or some other stereotypical bs. We on the same side but when y’all say stuff like “we are falling for it again we are being duped again” when it’s clear from the first pic posted that black people aren’t dumb and falling for these gestures. Surely you can see my point vast majority of us don’t think these gestures are good enough so why y’all talking about being mislead. You can’t truly feel that helpful especially when you know we not sleep like that. Speak positive but be realistic.

As long as they fix the actual problem then fine. It’s just that for years we’ve been given symbolism and we’re not falling for it this time.

that’s all I’m saying. Not one of us thinks this shit they are doing is legit they need to be talking about money, and their need for violence, their need to feel better than us when they have nothing that makes them unique

Or bored white people wanting to destroy something and act like they for the cause.

There have been concrete changes to police laws.

You guys seem to have this idea that you can just tell the people in power that they should give you some and they will.

This little that has happened did so coz of pressure and if black people want more black people gonna have to keep the pressure high.

Freedom is not given, it is taken.

Racism and white supremacy is the foundation on which the house of America is built. We can burn down the house...but if we rebuild it on that same foundation what have we really changed?

The foundation MUST be destroyed and we must build from scratch. Are we able to do that? Are we too far gone? These are the questions that we must ask ourselves as a people

There have been concrete changes to police laws.

You guys seem to have this idea that you can just tell the people in power that they should give you some and they will.

This little that has happened did so coz of pressure and if black people want more black people gonna have to keep the pressure high.
what laws?

the laws they still breaking days after they was made?

its not the laws.....the laws dont means shit
....its the consequence of breaking the laws that the problem because they are hardly ever punished for breaking them while black people are killed for suspicion of breaking laws.

Freedom is not given, it is taken.

Racism and white supremacy is the foundation on which the house of America is built. We can burn down the house...but if we rebuild it on that same foundation what have we really changed?

The foundation MUST be destroyed and we must build from scratch. Are we able to do that? Are we too far gone? These are the questions that we must ask ourselves as a people
while i totally agree....

how would this happen and who would be in charge of building a new system thats equal to all?

and once this system falls......those of us who are not stable...the system thats falling will crush them. those are the people we should be trying to save because they are the very people the system is hurting.

So I think we are too far gone.

not for us black people but the system in the US and the world for that matter.

What's the institutional racism in place currently against black people?
is this a serious question?

white privilege as a whole that birthed white people thinking they are superior and thinking they are able to do what they want.

Continue to hurt their pockets.
my issue with this is......the continue part.

thats the problem.
as if they do right by us we will go back to supporting them?

nah.

a while back i got some heat for saying why tear up target when the same people was supporting them that made them that big in the first place.

target and walmarts are full of black people supporting them.....so you cant be mad when the unsupported black owned business go out of business or cant compete an need to raise prices.....to stop targets and walmarts is to not support them and pay a few extra dollars to the mom and pop shops they keep putting out of business.

the quest to save a dollar is how they got so big.

my issue with this is......the continue part.

thats the problem.
as if they do right by us we will go back to supporting them?

nah.

a while back i got some heat for saying why tear up target when the same people was supporting them that made them that big in the first place.

target and walmarts are full of black people supporting them.....so you cant be mad when the unsupported black owned business go out of business or cant compete an need to raise prices.....to stop targets and walmarts is to not support them and pay a few extra dollars to the mom and pop shops they keep putting out of business.

the quest to save a dollar is how they got so big.
I don’t know what you’re trying to say...

Why do y’all think we are falling for it literally every black person I know thinks all this performance stuff is just a performance. No black person thinks this is change. Y’all gotta think higher of your people.
someone can make a statement and not have to mean all black people.

this is what derails these convos.

you both can be right.

What's the institutional racism in place currently against black people?

The biggest issue is police brutality and the use of excessive force. If we could solve that problem, then everything else would be up to the individual.

For example, if you drop out of high school, join a gang and end up in jail, that's your fault. You can blame the Whiteman for creating the condition, but ultimately you're the one that committed the crime and broke the law.

But with police brutality, there's really nothing that an honest, law abiding, Black citizen can do on his end to prevent being stopped by a racist cop and brutalized.

Back in the 1950s when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat there was a Montgomery Bus Boycott that went on for about a year. While the boycott was going on Black people created something similar to Uber where they would give each other rides to where they wanted to go. It hurt the Whiteman in his pockets so bad that they had to change their policies and allow Black people to sit in the front of the bus.

In fact, all throughout the South there were Black owned restaurants because White's wouldn't serve Blacks.

When it was all said and done the Black 'Uber' companies and the Black restaurants went out of business because the Whiteman changed his policies and let us sit in the front of the bus and let us eat at his restaurants.

Basically the Whiteman let us spend our money at his establishments so the Black establishments went out of business.

We can't make that mistake again. We need to build an alternative to what the Whiteman has and support it when times are good or bad.

Don't just support a Black establishment when you're mad at Whitey.

while i totally agree....

how would this happen and who would be in charge of building a new system thats equal to all?

and once this system falls......those of us who are not stable...the system thats falling will crush them. those are the people we should be trying to save because they are the very people the system is hurting.

So I think we are too far gone.

not for us black people but the system in the US and the world for that matter.

I would say right now...we are getting a seat at the table...for us to start participating...we gotta have some economic power...obviously it has to be local first. We gotta be able to build black wealth locally...then we can effect real change in politics and policies locally ie you cities, towns and metro areas...then we go state, then nationally.

If we want to be “equal” here in a capitalist society WITHOUT destroying everything we gotta put money behind it.

Its a fact that our dollar dont even circulate ONCE in our community before it leaves. It rolls right on through.

The biggest issue is police brutality and the use of excessive force. If we could solve that problem, then everything else would be up to the individual.

For example, if you drop out of high school, join a gang and end up in jail, that's your fault. You can blame the Whiteman for creating the condition, but ultimately you're the one that committed the crime and broke the law.

But with police brutality, there's really nothing that an honest, law abiding, Black citizen can do on his end to prevent being stopped by a racist cop and brutalized.

Back in the 1950s when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat there was a Montgomery Bus Boycott that went on for about a year. While the boycott was going on Black people created something similar to Uber where they would give each other rides to where they wanted to go. It hurt the Whiteman in his pockets so bad that they had to change their policies and allow Black people to sit in the front of the bus.

In fact, all throughout the South there were Black owned restaurants because White's wouldn't serve Blacks.

When it was all said and done the Black 'Uber' companies and the Black restaurants went out of business because the Whiteman changed his policies and let us sit in the front of the bus and let us eat at his restaurants.

Basically the Whiteman let us spend our money at his establishments so the Black establishments went out of business.

We can't make that mistake again. We need to build an alternative to what the Whiteman has and support it when times are good or bad.

Don't just support a Black establishment when you're mad at Whitey.

Spot fucking on man

great post.

Back