Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Are Black people being pacified & intentionally distracted? Do symbolic gestures fail to address deep-rooted institutional racism?

I believe some are being pacified. It’s no different than them writing those fake ass BLM words on streets. Like that’s cute and all but let’s get down to the DEEPER shit because writing a bunch of Black Lives Matter on streets won’t stop the bullshit.

Im all for tearing down statues.. the symbolic gesture of changing a flag or tearing down statues is of more substance than the fuckery we have heard such as the master bed room, painting black lives matters on streets (its pisses some white people off so thats good with me) but all and all its about bringing equity/opportunity and actively dismantling white supremacy

but there are some who are satisfied with being pacified ..

I feel like people are so use to running on the wheel they dont know how to get off

The answer to the thread is; yes.

Have you noticed the feminization of Black men. Nowadays it isn't uncommon for a Black man to be a transexual or transgender. "They" want to emasculate Black men. The White power structure hates to see a strong Black man with his wife and kids, with a mortgage in the suburbs, advanced degree, good credit, no warrants, and a big extended family that comes over on Memorial day, July 4th, or Labor Day for the family cookout.

They would rather see the same Black man castrated, wearing a dress, and lipstick.

The White power structure hates to see athletes and entertainers, especially those with a conscious that have something to say, like Colin Kaepernick.

If the White power structure can, "break" a Black man by turning him into a homosexual, or a cross dresser then that's better than him being a straight role model for the youth.

So your mate cheats in you for 400yrs and you finally fuck up your house cuz you mad at them.

And they buy you flowers and delete all the numbers in their phone.

Is this a start to making things better or just bullshit?

What you are seeing is 21st century token integration. Police departments, government officials, and multi billion dollar businesses feigning empathy with no intention of correcting the problems they acknowledge exist.

In the 1960's they let one or two negroes into each school and called it intergration. In 2008 they made a Black man president and claimed America to be in a post racial era. In 2020 they put out press releases, paint streets and hashtag "Black Lives Matter" on social media, and pose on one knee and claim to be for social justice.

This is hypocrisy. We are falling for it yet again.

The answer to the thread is; yes.

Have you noticed the feminization of Black men. Nowadays it isn't uncommon for a Black man to be a transexual or transgender. "They" want to emasculate Black men. The White power structure hates to see a strong Black man with his wife and kids, with a mortgage in the suburbs, advanced degree, good credit, no warrants, and a big extended family that comes over on Memorial day, July 4th, or Labor Day for the family cookout.

They would rather see the same Black man castrated, wearing a dress, and lipstick.

The White power structure hates to see athletes and entertainers, especially those with a conscious that have something to say, like Colin Kaepernick.

If the White power structure can, "break" a Black man by turning him into a homosexual, or a cross dresser then that's better than him being a straight role model for the youth.

All this dumb shit you said. Nobody is making niggas trans or making niggas dress like women. Yall will have a good point and then throw some bd conspiracy out. Literally not related to the topic at all.

What you are seeing is 21st century token integration. Police departments, government officials, and multi billion dollar businesses feigning empathy with no intention of correcting the problems they acknowledge exist.

In the 1960's they let one or two negroes into each school and called it intergration. In 2008 they made a Black man president and claimed America to be in a post racial era. In 2020 they put out press releases, paint streets and hashtag "Black Lives Matter" on social media, and pose on one knee and claim to be for social justice.

This is hypocrisy. We are falling for it yet again.

Why do y’all think we are falling for it literally every black person I know thinks all this performance stuff is just a performance. No black person thinks this is change. Y’all gotta think higher of your people.

Why do y’all think we are falling for it literally every black person I know thinks all this performance stuff is just a performance. No black person thinks this is change. Y’all gotta think higher of your people.
Unfortunately, every black person you know does not represent the majority of black people.

I saw the reaction to the DC street painting. I see the constant hashtagging of BLM. I see the shirts, the signs, the visceral reactions to random nooses. They think their minor gestures of recognition are sufficient because we give our strongest reactions to symbols. Symbols are a sign of the things they are intended to represent.

If the vast majority of us tell white people honestly, AND RESPECTFULLY to put down the damn BLM signs and stop virtue signaling, we'd have a much more productive time implementing change.

why do you always think people think low of black people?

what is it in your head that always takes that side of things?

you will literally read "black men should stand up, we can do better, we are stronger than you think"
and you come in with....why do you think so low of black people?

you just cant take it as.....an actual compliment and encouragement?

As long as they fix the actual problem then fine. It’s just that for years we’ve been given symbolism and we’re not falling for it this time.

As long as they fix the actual problem then fine. It’s just that for years we’ve been given symbolism and we’re not falling for it this time.
but whats going to happen when they dont deliver?

because they wont.

Back