Welcome To aBlackWeb

April marks Sexual Assault Awareness Month and the statistics are staggering

Meeks... You do know men are sexually assaulted by women at nearly the same rate, right?

Everything you just wrote also applies to men, except the shame of being sexually assaulted by a woman carries a heavier mental toll on a man.

What I've found most disturbing about this thread, and the whole fucking month, is that it's centered on women as victims, completely ignoring male victims of sex crimes as if they don't exist. And because people like you do this, the men that are victims will continue to sit in silence.
you just skipping over posts fam?

she already acknowledged it happens to men

you could've saved these keystrokes

i see no one responded to the video i posted on the last page

either they dont agree with it or they didnt watch

Reporting often doesn't lead to anything. The "why didn't you report?" criticism loses strength when we see how few women get justice after being raped, particularly minorities. Look at that cop that raped all those black sex workers...their background was used against them, as it often is when women pursue justice. When you see and hear about cases where women are getting rape kits done that never get tested or are put through draining trials just to watch the accused walk it's not hard to imagine why many do not bother when the cost-to-benefit ratio is skewed heavily against their favour

Reporting often doesn't lead to anything. The "why didn't you report?" criticism loses strength when we see how few women get justice after being raped, particularly minorities. Look at that cop that raped all those black sex workers...their background was used against them, as it often is when women pursue justice. When you see and hear about cases where women are getting rape kits done that never get tested or are put through draining trials just to watch the accused walk it's not hard to imagine why many do not bother when the cost-to-benefit ratio is skewed heavily against their favour

BINGO

tell him what he's won

and on that note...i'm out

i'ma lurk this bitch tho

What do you mean

The thing is false rape isn't even 50% of cases. To compare them when it doesn't apply doesn't make sense since less than half of rape cases involve that kind of lying

@LUClEN

That's the exact argument I was trying to make with the post you quoted.

I never said the percentage/number of false rape accusations is anywhere near the number of legitimate rape accusations.

That still doesn't mean that false rape accusations aren't a serious problem.

Think of it in terms of the unemployment rate or economic data.

If the US' or Canada's unemployment rate ever went up to 10%........despite 10% being a small percentage...........it would be significant enough to throw both of our countries into a recession.

Which, as a result, would mean that a 10% unemployment rate is a serious problem.

The same principle applies with false rape accusations.

Even though they're a relatively small percentage of legitimate rape accusations, that small percentage can still change the perception of whether or not true rape victims are going to be believed without irrefutable proof.

Specifically in terms of judges, juries, college panels that investigate sexual assault cases on campus, etc.

Basically, the more prevalent false rape accusations become........the more skeptical people become about any woman who claims she's been raped.

@LUClEN

That's the exact argument I was trying to make with the post you quoted.

I never said the percentage/number of false rape accusations is anywhere near the number of legitimate rape accusations.

That still doesn't mean that false rape accusations aren't a serious problem.

Think of it in terms of the unemployment rate or economic data.

If the US' or Canada's unemployment rate ever went up to 10%........despite 10% being a small percentage...........it would be significant enough to throw both of our countries into a recession.

Which, as a result, would mean that a 10% unemployment rate is a serious problem.

The same principle applies with false rape accusations.

Even though they're a relatively small percentage of legitimate rape accusations, that small percentage can still change the perception of whether or not true rape victims are going to be believed without irrefutable proof.

Specifically in terms of judges, juries, college panels that investigate sexual assault cases on campus, etc.

Basically, the more prevalent false rape accusations become........the more skeptical people become about any woman who claims she's been raped.

People should be skeptical, especially black Americans. The for-profit prison system can and does throw a lot of innocent people behind bars. But unless there's some clue that someone is lying its unwise to assume due to the probability.

The percentage of women lying on rape compared to real victims of rape is so small tho. Maybe 2% lie about it. Not saying its not a cause for concern but its really not that many women lying about that.

It's not even about flat out lying though.

In many cases it's about regretting having sex with someone, hiding behind being drunk(yet fully aware of what you were doing)...........claiming rape because the man didn't stop at the exact moment a woman told them to (even though they may have been 20-30 minutes into the session)..........ejaculating without permission......lots of gray area.

So do nothing?

Because nothing can be done?

It's not even about flat out lying though.

In many cases it's about regretting having sex with someone, hiding behind being drunk(yet fully aware of what you were doing)...........claiming rape because the man didn't stop at the exact moment a woman told them to (even though they may have been 20-30 minutes into the session)..........ejaculating without permission......lots of gray area.

You lost me here, the moment a woman says no you gotta stop, keep going that is rape

So do nothing?

Because nothing can be done?

People need to report to get police involved, but the processes we have right now are crap. They don't work well. So when asking "why are so many not reporting" it's because how it's handled is not worth dealing with for a lot of people

A lot of Crimes are underreported for similar reasons

You lost me here, the moment a woman says no you gotta stop, keep going that is rape

I agree.

What I'm referring to, however, is a situation in which they've been fucking for about 20-30 minutes, dude goes on for a few more seconds.......and then she claims rape because he didn't stop at the exact moment she told him to.

Now, that might sound extreme........but similar situations happen more often than you might think.

I said the same exact thing Knock is saying in the Harvey Weinstein thread, look at what the first, second and third victim could have prevented but they let that dude allegedly do this for as long as he did. The same with Cosby, keeping your mouth shut causes someone else to become a victim and the cycle kept going because no one stopped them. You wanna stop raping Bill now when he's damn near on his death bed.

What's ironic about the Harvey Weinstein situation is that Rose McGowan would've never even said anything if Weinstein had paid her what she wanted for her silence.

Says a lot about her character......not just as a woman, but as a human being.......that she would accept money to keep quiet about a sexual predator.

Bruh. You just made a parallel line to women being kids

Radical feminists like @desertrain10 refer to that as benevolent sexism.

Which is basically when people say things that give the impression that they're supporting women, yet not realizing that they're actually patronizing and/or demeaning them by holding them to a lower standard of accountability.

@AP21

"Take from that what you will."

Denzel boom gif.gif

Diddy shooting rubber band clip.gif

Last edited:
On this site alone you have people trying to redefine and make light of rape/physical/mental abuse. By people I mean men. Some of the views are downright insensitive, now think about who does a woman have to report to. A damn man, who more than likely shares some of these asinine views. Yea, they let you talk to a female officer, who's been trained by and reports to a man. Not to mention she's probably already dealing with her own shit on a daily basis and overlooking shit so she 'fits in with the boys" to keep her position.

So when it comes to rape/abuse ..NOW yall wanna be advocates for the judicial system, NOW yall have faith in the police... Lol...How many of yall have actually been to a police station to try to report anything? If it's such a logical answer to just report, wouldn't that make you think that maybe there's something wrong with that process? You know instead of being passive aggressive and blaming somebody for not reporting.
Try being a black woman reporting a sex crime, who according to society we are already hypersexual baby making machines. Or having a male officer ask you 10 plus times "Are you sure you didn't lead them on?"

Yes everyone should report rape/assault, but do yall think you just fill out a form and go home? Like, don't even take into account the mental state a person would be in after going through something like that, then having to prove an actual assault took place. Most rapes are committed by people the victim knows/interacts with, which would be hard as hell to convince someone the shit wasn't consensual...

The fact that this thread was supposed to be about sexual assault awareness month but instead turned into pointing fingers and wisecracks by grown ass men who can't relate is the very reason shit is the way it is. .

Paul Mooney speechless gif.gif

Morgan Freeman she's right you know pic.jpg

People need to report to get police involved, but the processes we have right now are crap. They don't work well. So when asking "why are so many not reporting" it's because how it's handled is not worth dealing with for a lot of people

A lot of Crimes are underreported for similar reasons

They don't work well because the definition of "rape" keeps changing, unlike other crimes.

When I was in college, rape was forced sexual contact either through violence, threat of violence, or coercion.

Nowadays drunk sex makes you, the male, a rapist even if both of y'all are drunk.

You got chicks out here that intentionally tell a dude "no, not tonight" in the hopes that he will further pursue sex from her and if he hops up and bails he's a "lame". You have others that absolutely mean "no" when they say "no" and pushing the issue will get you an attempted rape charge.

Constant affirmation means if you don't stop and pull out the moment she says "ummmm..." instead of "yes" you're a rapist.

Some women welcome a pair of hands on her ass at the club while y'all are dancing. To others you've just sexually assaulted her.

There's entirely too many gray areas when it comes to rape and sexual assault made even worse by how one person may welcome things that another doesn't. That's why it's not working well aside from underreporting.

Back