Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anything wrong with this picture? (Chivalry bait)

I see a lady sitting down all the way back there.

Why did she choose to stand in front of them and not the other lady?

There's nothing wrong with the pic. Nothing saying they have to get up. It is what it is

I, however, get up when women or ppl with kids enter a place with no seats. Sans my table at a reaturant. Whether they take the seat or not isn't a worry for me

I'm young, in shape, and have strong legs and a healthy heart so I don't mind standing up

This is the world women wanted tho.

They're "offended" at the whole notion of chivalry, and if there's a woman out there that doesn't believe in the shit their sisters are spewing, then they need to open their mouths and stop allowing the feminists to hold the mic as if they speak for all women.

The whole 'they wanted equality, they got equality' mentality is childish and for the birds

You see a person that could benefit from sitting and you able, give up your seat b. Shit doesn't have to be pushing an agenda

What if someone offered their seat but she declined?

they posed to force her to sit?

#notmetoo

I wanna see Key and Peele do this skit

Judging these men based on their gender is sexist, btw. This idea that a woman needs to sit because she is a woman, and no matter how rough a man's work day was he needs to give it, perpetuates the idea that women can't hang.

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's illogical. It contradicts the goal of showing the world that women can do what men do. Pick one or the other, but you don't get to play the side that most benefits you at the time and then switch

They whole 'they wanted equality, they got equality' mentality is childish and for the birds

You see a person that could benefit from sitting and you able, give up your seat b. Shit doesn't have to be pushing an agenda

And I could benefit from sitting if I'm tired.

I've been in that place before. I used to routinely sleep on the freight on the way to the crib 'cause I was fuckin tired. Most of the time I would sit at the back of the bus to remove the expectation that I would give up my seat to someone but there were plenty of occasions where the bus would get full and I'd wake up mid-trip with some old broad lookin at me like I should let her sit.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

I've been either on my feet for 10hrs or on my back crawling around under a dash, in a trunk, or taking a car apart/putting it back together... Fuck that, I'm TAAH'D. Lemme catch these ZZZ's while I can.

I live in NY and ride the train pretty often. They're ashamed and will not make eye contact. Look at Richard Sherman taking a shifty peek at her.
Are you sure you're not projecting onto them? You want them to be ashamed, therefore they must be ashamed?
The whole 'they wanted equality, they got equality' mentality is childish and for the birds

I know you're not talking about this picture in particular, but who's to say what the guy sitting down should be thinking or what he went through? Or the woman for that matter?

If he's a firefighter or construction or warehouse worker getting off of a 12 hour shift, and she just came from shopping or sitting down in a quiet office job for 8 hours... do the same expectations apply?

When does a woman get to say "He looks like he's had a rough day, let me leave him the fuck alone"?

And I could benefit from sitting if I'm tired.

I've been in that place before. I used to routinely sleep on the freight on the way to the crib 'cause I was fuckin tired. Most of the time I would sit at the back of the bus to remove the expectation that I would give up my seat to someone but there were plenty of occasions where the bus would get full and I'd wake up mid-trip with some old broad lookin at me like I should let her sit.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

I've been either on my feet for 10hrs or on my back crawling around under a dash, in a trunk, or taking a car apart/putting it back together... Fuck that, I'm TAAH'D. Lemme catch these ZZZ's while I can.

Are you sure you're not projecting onto them? You want them to be ashamed, therefore they must be ashamed?

I know you're not talking about this picture in particular, but who's to say what the guy sitting down should be thinking or what he went through? Or the woman for that matter?

If he's a firefighter or construction or warehouse worker getting off of a 12 hour shift, and she just came from shopping or sitting down in a quiet office job for 8 hours... do the same expectations apply?

When does a woman get to say "He looks like he's had a rough day, let me leave him the fuck alone"?
Truthfully I barely skimmed this shit.

If you able to, get up. If you're more tired than a woman 20yrs older than you so you need to be seated, cool.

I pride myself on my stamina, I'll stand

I see a woman that was a step too slow.

I typically don't sit down when a lot of people are getting on to allow women, older people, children, etc... to get first dibs. Once I sit I'm usually not getting up unless it's a person that looks like they need to sit.

Truthfully I barely skimmed this shit.

If you able to, get up. If you're more tired than a woman 20yrs older than you so you need to be seated, cool.

I pride myself on my stamina, I'll stand

So now you're assuming her age and what she may or have not been feeling like. Gotcha.

You have yet to give a good, quantifiable reason to give up a seat. All we've got from you amounts to "'cause you should" and that's it.

So now you're assuming her age and what she may or have not been feeling like. Gotcha.

You have yet to give a good, quantifiable reason to give up a seat. All we've got from you amounts to "'cause you should" and that's it.
I didn't say what you should do, I told you what I do

If I saw ya washed ass get on the train I would I give you my seat also

I put her age somewhere around 60 maybe 65. Look at her face, hands etc.

Back