Welcome To aBlackWeb

Annnnnnd Another One..........RIP JONATHAN PRICE

A lot of people in this country don't grow out of that. Do you know how many people never leave their city let alone their state? Hell, some people in big cities barely leave their block. Ya'll are really underestimating how ignorant and unexposed some people in this country are.

I'm not underestimating anything. I first said I used to be one of those people who never left where they were from before so my world view was limited at a point in time...and I also said I give grace for people not knowing what they don't know...but as with majority of things in life there's a limit to how much grace you give. And many choose not to give grace to those who purposely choose to never seek out any view of the world beyond what they know directly. Especially when those limited views can leave you or others in more danger than you may realize as we see with this situation here.

I was the same way. I am still amazed at the shit I learn in my travels.

Thats the main reason I get mad at my folk because after seeing apart of the world and i come back.....I see we can do so much more and the shit we don't need to put up with and how the rest of the world truly views us. Shit is mind bottling.

To have went thru all we went thru and to be where we are...Compared to other places......Man we living good.

I'm still trying to pull people out.....Take them places....See how they feel about shit. Some are addicted to seeing something different and some want to go straight to the hoods or the worse areas.

But all I can do is try to show them different . What they do with it is up to them.
I was taking someone to where I live and the moment we enter my neighborhood, he said. "Man, its food out here, look at all the places you can post up, have on lock out here". I remember being sad that, that's what he saw, and how it was were we came from. Why would you want to recreate that somewhere else. On the flip side, the essence of that is an entrepreneurial spirit and imagine what he could do if he applied that to a more productive area.

I was taking someone to where I live and the moment we enter my neighborhood, he said. "Man, its food out here, look at all the places you can post up, have on lock out here". I remember being sad that, that's what he saw, and how it was were we came from. Why would you want to recreate that somewhere else. On the flip side, the essence of that is an entrepreneurial spirit and imagine what he could do if he applied that to a more productive area.
Exactly. That’s how I see shit. But people like stay within the limits they are told to stay in.

But question is....could he see they same food in a white hood?

I'm not underestimating anything. I first said I used to be one of those people who never left where they were from before so my world view was limited at a point in time...and I also said I give grace for people not knowing what they don't know...but as with majority of things in life there's a limit to how much grace you give. And many choose not to give grace to those who purposely choose to never seek out any view of the world beyond what they know directly. Especially when those limited views can leave you or others in more danger than you may realize as we see with this situation here.

I don't really think we're disagreeing that much. Like I said before, I do now think it's fair to call dude a coon because he didn't just give his experience and say that he would continue to live based on his experiences. He took it to the next level and started saying things like "Blacks should just comply" and the "The protests are overblown." To me, he doesn't have the experience to make statements like that and he's just spouting white racist rhetoric to defend his white friends and the police that gave him a pass. That's coon shit.

I believe our only contention is that I don't believe anyone is obligated to expand their worldview. If he wanted to live in a podunk town and live based on the rules in that town, that's his choice and there's nothing wrong with that. Again, if he had just recounted his experiences and said he would continue to make choices based on them, I don't think it would have been fair to call him a coon even if what he believed was wrong and stupid.

I don't really think we're disagreeing that much. Like I said before, I do now think it's fair to call dude a coon because he didn't just give his experience and say that he would continue to live based on his experiences. He took it to the next level and started saying things like "Blacks should just comply" and the "The protests are overblown." To me, he doesn't have the experience to make statements like that and he's just spouting white racist rhetoric to defend his white friends and the police that gave him a pass. That's coon shit.

I believe our only contention is that I don't believe anyone is obligated to expand their worldview. If he wanted to live in a podunk town and live based on the rules in that town, that's his choice and there's nothing wrong with that. Again, if he had just recounted his experiences and said he would continue to make choices based on them, I don't think it would have been fair to call him a coon even if what he believed was wrong and stupid.

I dont think anyone is obligated to either. I just wont fault someone else for discounting their opinions on certain shit

Wow! bruh basically rolled out the red carpet for that fat pig. Maybe he should've had his maga hat on

^^lol this stupid white supremacist here is triggered af. The idea that a bootlicker can be murdered the same way as a regular black person is destroying their "its not about race" narrative.

All the coon stuff aside, this might be the most egregious case we've ever seen. From the sounds of it, this pig literally just killed a black man because he thought he could. We shouldn't have to have a perfect example of what police brutality looks like, but I think we were given one. Ya'll might not like the dude, but this story should be bigger than it is.

All the coon stuff aside, this might be the most egregious case we've ever seen. From the sounds of it, this pig literally just killed a black man because he thought he could. We shouldn't have to have a perfect example of what police brutality looks like, but I think we were given one. Ya'll might not like the dude, but this story should be bigger than it is.
When the bodycam footage drops the story will blow up

Tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve, it's one thing to be naked, its another thing to be aware of the fact that you are naked and all other awareness that comes with it. To not just exist but to be aware of existence in a way more complex than lesser beings. Not to sound condescending...

There is a level Awareness that is a burden...sometimes heavier than we are built to deal with..

See PTSD when soilders are faced with the reality of death and violence humans are capable of

interesting take...

Can you translate into simplier terms

Translate what? I thought his take was interesting but maybe not necessarily for this particular thread.

I always took issue with Genesis as a kid with certain information being "forbidden" etc.
Pair that with @Alle'Oop saying that there is a burden that comes with a certain level of awareness and that not all folks are built for that burden... Who determines who is built for that type of awareness or not?

I just thought it was interesting... but again... maybe not for THIS thread in particular

Back