Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Android users assemble!!!

Mr Wong down the block sold AP a samsung with mad bloatware 10 years ago and he never recovered.
Man

Att was notorious for this shit when I was rocking with Samsung lol

Plus they started making it to where you couldn't put custom roms on them so you couldn't get rid of the bloatware.

I used the Nexus joint after that and it's been Google phones ever since

Looks like I can pair the SmartTag with my Pixel by using the Smart things app.

I really like the form factor of the Tile though particularly cuz it has an assortment of sizes. The slim one that is the size of a credit card is exactly what im looking for instead of one of them bulky joints but the other two seem to track better than the tile from what im reading/viewing 😕

Preciate ya.

Anything not shackled to a particular brand? the Samsung joints wont work with a Pixel.

@AP3.0 time to earn that bonus brotha.. help me out lol

-Edit-

responded before I finished the whole video. My fault. Thanks again @Old Man Cain
I use Tile. I have a s24. Works fine. Also, the app will work with certain electronics without having to use a tile device. So I keep a tile device in my car and suitcase or book bag. For my tablet, I just sync it to the app. Check their website.

Screenshot_20240830_145922_Tile.jpg

I use Tile. I have a s24. Works fine. Also, the app will work with certain electronics without having to use a tile device. So I keep a tile device in my car and suitcase or book bag. For my tablet, I just sync it to the app. Check their website.

View attachment 1368785

How well does the tracking work if there arent alot of people or other devices around? The videos ive been watching make it seem like if there arent other tile devices around it wont ping the location to the app/phone. Still researching though

How well does the tracking work if there arent alot of people or other devices around? The videos ive been watching make it seem like if there arent other tile devices around it wont ping the location to the app/phone. Still researching though
That's how apple works as well I thought?

I can find my stuff on my own if I'm in range.

That's how apple works as well I thought?

I can find my stuff on my own if I'm in range.

I think that is the case... im just thinking about from the perspective out here. Theres more apple devices and then Droid phones.. samsung or pixel and some offbrand joints.

Im just trying to weigh if I actually lost something what the chances are someone else out here is gonna have a Tile to ping off of

I think that is the case... im just thinking about from the perspective out here. Theres more apple devices and then Droid phones.. samsung or pixel and some offbrand joints.

Im just trying to weigh if I actually lost something what the chances are someone else out here is gonna have a Tile to ping off of
Gotcha. I didn't know until now Samsung had one. I probably would have got those if I knew due to your reason. This is what it looks like for me currently. I didn't show the green circle radius to not give away my location but look at the nearby members. You can download the app for free and see what it is like around your area.

Screenshot_20240830_151753_Tile.jpg

Also, if you have a samsung tablet and phone, (it may work with other Droid devices), you can run a test. You can link some electronic devices without having the tile tags. All for free.

@Inori

I use swiftfinder for my keys

About the same size as tile

No issues for me

Gotcha. I didn't know until now Samsung had one. I probably would have got those if I knew due to your reason. This is what it looks like for me currently. I didn't show the green circle radius to not give away my location but look at the nearby members. You can download the app for free and see what it is like around your area.

View attachment 1368919

just downloaded the app. It says there are 268 tile members near me now but it doesnt show where on the map. I suppose i have a better idea on how many folks around me have tile though so thats good. Ill see what the number is next time im somewhere more populated to compare. Good lookin out.

Im thinking im either gonna go with the Tile Slim or the Chipolo card. Both have similar price points so I may end up coppin both to see which works better

Preciate it! 👊🏽

Whats the farthest your keys have been from you where you had to backtrack?
I honestly don't know as I usually have them on my belt loop

I've also put one in my wallet and had to use it once only for it to be in my sofa 🤦🏾‍♂️

Back