Welcome To aBlackWeb

AMC - Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire (Season 2)

Now, I remember in s1 e2 after Louis has just became a vampire, they went to that bar to find someone for Louis’ first kill. Lestat spoke telepathically to Louis telling him he was starting to frighten that man and to ease up. So the maker is still able to speak telepathically to the makee?🤔

I liked this episode a lot. I’m beginning to see how much of a manipulative, powerful vampire Armand is. Ik this probably isn’t the half. Louis and Daniel looked like they wanted to beat his ass at the end of this episode lol. Had Daniel breathing harder than he already does. Oh, they big mad 😅.

Last edited:
Now, I remember in s1 e2 after Louis has just became a vampire, they went to that bar to find someone for Louis’ first kill. Lestat spoke telepathically to Louis telling him he was starting to frighten that man and to ease up. So the maker is still able to speak telepathically to the makee?🤔
You right. I think he was saying something like it goes away very soon.. But I would have to re watch

I just realized Louis had fr been brainwashed and repeated the same phrase(s) Armand said at the end of the episode. Oh this nigga really is something else.
IMG_8835.gif

I just hope they use all this to world build to show how wide spread Akasha's presence is felt.

The differences lol it's one thing to compare it to the movie

@Duwop
So I'm about halfway through the first book and
Louie doesn't really seem gay in the book like he is in the tv show. Am I just missing it? I know he's called men beautiful in the face like Lestat but it seems like the tv show turned the dial to 10000 lol

I haven't reached to where he's met with the theater so maybe it'll show more once Armand comes into the picture? It didn't really seem like it with Lestat though

The differences lol it's one thing to compare it to the movie

@Duwop
So I'm about halfway through the first book and
Louie doesn't really seem gay in the book like he is in the tv show. Am I just missing it? I know he's called men beautiful in the face like Lestat but it seems like the tv show turned the dial to 10000 lol

I haven't reached to where he's met with the theater so maybe it'll show more once Armand comes into the picture? It didn't really seem like it with Lestat though
It's implied, but not as heavy handed as the show.... Book came out in '76 I believe

Especially before..I think Louis has a wife and child in the book.. It's been forever.

but considering they got married n in the final book, it's always been played as they were each other's true love

And the show runner said he's doing this series with full knowledge of everything that happens in the entire Chronicles.... Which is good, bcuz we're getting exposition and character depth in season 2 that didn't come until book 6&7

Especially some of the shit with Armand.

Interview was written 11 years before the vampire Lestat and Queen of the damned....

She had no idea she would further develop any of these characters this much when she originally wrote interview.. the sequel and series wasn't even a consideration. Interview was a stand alone book for a decade
Then all the sequels came out and expanded the universe, along with the witch books, and the other world building stuff she wrote.

So for the TV show they are doing a re- interview both on screen and in the story line... To better connect the interview with everything else.

Those who must be kept were never mentioned in the book interview. Lestat mentions them in season 1

Marius gets a name drop in season 1, never mentioned in the book

The Talamasca was no where to be found in the first book yet we see them in season 2

Armand telling his story happens in book 6. We got it in season 2. In the book interview, he is presented as the oldest vampire in the world. And on the show, right now, to his best knowledge he thinks he still is.

So there are definitely a lotta changes.. And again a lotta readers are livid with the changes and will flat out not watch. But I think the changes help the story ... Bcuz like the clever 4th wall break of Louis and Daniel, the interview as it stands... Is kinda a bad interview.. Great book, bad interview. Daniel didn't ask the right questions. And Louis ALWAYS told a broken story.

So to have an older Daniel force Louis to tell the complete story... It's almost like reading interview with the story knowing that the other books will also come right after

Oh shit Lestat back. Why would Madeline be on trial, she didn't do anything?

Armand set them up, why the hell Louis still with this man in the present?

this shit about to be tragic man. It was a nice moment they were all having at the bar before Armand punkass did what he did. Claudia is the happiest shes ever been it seems like.

Did not expect Lestat coming back at all. Took a left from the movie. Cant wait for the next episode

And I thought Louis was stronger than alot of them other nameless chronies. I was thinking he shoulda been able to fight them off.. at least take a couple out before he got outnumbered

I'm guessing that's why Claudia was killed

Claudia's description of blood seemed like a lie or just not an accurate description. The way Louis has described it has been so much more than just blood

"Is it romantic?
No.
No.
Not yet"
GROSS

Armand being submissive is really showing in this episode. Well except for saying no to making her ca vampire

DAMN talk about a backstabbing

Man I can't wait to get to this part in the book lol

Back