Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yeah, black creole slave owner is a crazy direction to go for no reason

crazy

You think they will keep with him being a slave owner or change it to him just being a slave and possibly killing the "owner"?

I don't think they want the backlash of presenting a black slave owner as one of the main characters.

So in a super swerve, AmC just cast a black man as slave owner Louis in the vampire Chronicles

Apparently he was in Overlord. I don't remember him in that. He was also in this show I used to watch but don't remember that either

GOT is the only movie/show I remember him from

So many people have been able to further their career by being on GOT lol

I'm thinking they gonna switch it to one of the slaves that miraculously inherited the owners house... And was taking care of previous slaves

Last edited:
I signed up for it because I loved her book so much. I remember I just moved to New York when I read Interview With A Vampire, and it kind of blew my mind. The feeling I got from the book was: ‘Okay, you’ve seen a bunch of vampire stories, but that’s all bullshit. Here’s the truth. This is the real thing.’

They always say they loved the books but then end up changing shit lol

Anne rice fb group gets more and more upset with every news drop

They hate lestat casting
They hate Louis casting
They hate Louis being black and having a brothel
And they hated this article about changes

Ima still watch but damn.

@Mister and @Duwop how yall feel about all of this?

yall seem to be big fans of the series so im curious how yall feel about it. Yall worried at all?

I just wanna see Armand chopping vampires up and mixing up their body parts like in the books....

The visual will be equally disturbing and hilarious

Ima still watch but damn.

@Mister and @Duwop how yall feel about all of this?

yall seem to be big fans of the series so im curious how yall feel about it. Yall worried at all?
I'm worried about themes being lost in translation. I want the characters to feel the same. I want the protagonists to do all the horrible shit they did in the books. Like it's easy to hate everybody. They can't lose that.

But as long as the story telling is on point, I'll let a lot slide.

But the strength scale has to be consistent. Whenever akasha comes out, I need to feel like she's a planetary threat.

In one book Lestat ate a chick out when she was on her period.

I wonder if that makes it to TV

I'm worried about themes being lost in translation. I want the characters to feel the same. I want the protagonists to do all the horrible shit they did in the books. Like it's easy to hate everybody. They can't lose that.

But as long as the story telling is on point, I'll let a lot slide.

But the strength scale has to be consistent. Whenever akasha comes out, I need to feel like she's a planetary threat.
If this was FX or Amazon you'd probably get that but AMC is meh when it comes to displaying supernatural shit

AMC shows people covering themselves with entrails from dead rotting corpses' in Walking Dead but I don't think I've seen a show on there that had anything sexual

I wonder if they'll remove the sex scenes or just do the camera angles that don't show certain things

But the strength scale has to be consistent. Whenever akasha comes out, I need to feel like she's a planetary threat
Example of akasha feats:.

Marius is treated as the strongest known of vampires in the world as he guards the biggest vampire secret to the world. "Those who must be kept" he's like 2,000+ years old... And honestly if depicted right most of the strongest vampires in media history would be right about a strong as Marius. Like the level of the elders are around Marius level strength.

When Akasha awoke she one shorted Marius and buried this nigga under a glacier of ice damn near effortlessly. Like.... She's next level.

Most readers know this.... But it has to be shown accurately to give these characters the justice they deserve. Like it's deeper than keeping a secret... Shorty wanted world domination. She truly believed herself to be a god and wanted to be worshiped as such.

That's the story arc I wanna see given justice

AMC shows people covering themselves with entrails from dead rotting corpses' in Walking Dead but I don't think I've seen a show on there that had anything sexual

I wonder if they'll remove the sex scenes or just do the camera angles that don't show certain things
Vampires can't have sex in her books. They change that it's gonna be crazy. Drinking blood is mad sexual, but their organs don't work. They'll go down on humans... Bathe them, kiss and snuggle.... But they can't fuck

Example of akasha feats:.

Marius is treated as the strongest known of vampires in the world as he guards the biggest vampire secret to the world. "Those who must be kept" he's like 2,000+ years old... And honestly if depicted right most of the strongest vampires in media history would be right about a strong as Marius. Like the level of the elders are around Marius level strength.

When Akasha awoke she one shorted Marius and buried this nigga under a glacier of ice damn near effortlessly. Like.... She's next level.

Most readers know this.... But it has to be shown accurately to give these characters the justice they deserve. Like it's deeper than keeping a secret... Shorty wanted world domination. She truly believed herself to be a god and wanted to be worshiped as such.

That's the story arc I wanna see given justice

Again, there are people that haven't read these books. You're dropping spoilers damn near every post.

Again, there are people that haven't read these books. You're dropping spoilers damn near every post.
Like 3 years in advance. Akasha can't come out for 2-3 seasons. Plus they making mad changes. That shit was left out of the movie too

Back