Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alternatives to Democrat/Republican establishment candidates

I think now MIGHT be the best one of the best times to be and run as an independent.

Alot of the shit that most Americans want and largely agree upon.. its the elected officials that aren't putting these popular things in place. And each of them blames the other side.

Independent candidates could run on a platform of actually trying to accomplish something rather than just re-electing the same old faces that go to Washington and do nothing time and time again.
I disagree.

Most people who fall into the republican camp or democrat camp might find themselves too afraid of helping the other side win to vote for some third party. Trump winning in 2016 has really pushed the idea that voting third party can easily lead to the person you definitely don't want to win, winning.

The voting system has to change, in my opinion. Ranked voting seems like the most obvious choice.

Out with the old in with the bold any dem tapped by the establishment is a dead giveaway ... for them to be running with the 50 yr old playbook..

Support progressive candidates

the establishment works to absorb any threat šŸ˜­

ā€œprogressiveā€ is a neoliberal lie

the establishment works to absorb any threat šŸ˜­

ā€œprogressiveā€ is a neoliberal lie
Scram.

nah, i'm just joking lol.

The current crop of progressive candidates and politicians, at least the ones that get the most attention, seem nothing more than ideologues to me. I can't get with people promising me the world. I understand how this world works so I know half the shit they are suggesting just isn't possible.

I disagree.

Most people who fall into the republican camp or democrat camp might find themselves too afraid of helping the other side win to vote for some third party. Trump winning in 2016 has really pushed the idea that voting third party can easily lead to the person you definitely don't want to win, winning.

The voting system has to change, in my opinion. Ranked voting seems like the most obvious choice.

That makes a hell of alot more sense than what we're doing now. Props on the info..

That makes a hell of alot more sense than what we're doing now. Props on the info..

Yeah. To get this implemented is a state thing so we'd have to organize to push our respective state legislatures to incorporate it. People would fell freer to vote for the people that most closely identify with their politics without worrying about inadvertently handing the election to someone who is the antithesis of all they stand for.

Yeah. To get this implemented is a state thing so we'd have to organize to push our respective state legislatures to incorporate it. People would fell freer to vote for the people that most closely identify with their politics without worrying about inadvertently handing the election to someone who is the antithesis of all they stand for.

Interesting to see which states have it in place. Should be nation-wide imo

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 3.36.17 PM.jpg

Trying have a discussion Iā€™ve seen it posted before but why, with the congregation of black folks in southern states, arenā€™t working class black folks unable to pull a ā€œTea Partyā€ and highjack seat(s) in the Senate/House and pull a Simena/Manchin holding everything hostage until their(donors) demands are met?

we arenā€™t the majority in any of those states

Your "solution" starts and stops at "vote for whoever says what I like" which is why you were silly enough to actually say you would've voted for Kanye West
Womp womp

Bottom line nigga

You willfully voted for the nicer anti black candidates instead of having respect for your vote

You went along with the anti black agenda because it was easier than having integrity and standing for something

Now. You need to take responsibility for your ignorance. Stop deflecting. Look inward

Womp womp

Bottom line nigga

You willfully voted for the nicer anti black candidates instead of having respect for your vote

You went along with the anti black agenda because it was easier than having integrity and standing for something

Now. You need to take responsibility for your ignorance. Stop deflecting. Look inward

Bottom line...you said that you'd vote for anyone who simply put the idea of reparations on the table. That's how gullible you are. That's why you have no solutions at all. Because your only form of doing anything is "I was yelling at Trump supporters on twitter"

I like that ranked choice voting idea. I knew it was in some places but didnā€™t know thatā€™s what it was called.

Of course then youā€™d have people mad you only get 4 choices, lol.

Like Marianne Williamson

She was talking reparations and nobody cared

The 13% still tapdanced for Mr "you aint black"
How was she going to deliver on that?

She's another one of those "promise the world" type candidates. She also support closing down all nuclear power plants, which is incredibly foolish for a billion different reasons. She was cool with legalizing marijuana but didn't want to expunge anyone's records, so niggas still couldn't get jobs.

She had some dope positions though, but the system doesn't allow for voting for her right now. That's why I say we gotta change the system.

Last edited:
Like Marianne Williamson

She was talking reparations and nobody cared

The 13% still tapdanced for Mr "you aint black"

If I recall correctly she was running as a Democrat...

Would you have voted for her if she won the nomination or even given her a primary vote seeing as how Democrats are the same as republicans?

Back