Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alec Baldwin Charged with Discharging Prop Gun That Killed "Rust" Cinematographer & Critically Injured Director

People were complaining about things beforehand. They had people popping off live rounds on set for fun. I've been on many sets and things can go sideways real quick if producers are careless.
Not that I don't believe you but do you have receipts?

This seems like some game changing info. Was Alec involved with the pop offs? Was he aware that others were popping off? What was his response?

The prop gun Baldwin used back in 2021 had been modified, this according to the L.A. Times ... the trigger mechanism had been changed which increased the probability it could have misfired without Baldwin pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
I haven't really been following this, so I don't understand. How is it that he can be charged for this? Wasn't it completely an accident? I get there is such a thing as involuntary manslaughter, but even then you have to have some clue that your actions could harm someone else. Didn't he believe the prop was safe?

Yeah I dont understand how Alec can be charged for this. Granted, I dont know every single detail, but from what I understand is he was given a gun by the sets armorer and used it for scenes. Didnt hear anything about him loading it or exchanging it. I'm sure they try to make props seem as real as possible so how was he to know there wasn't any blanks in it and instead live ammo?

Wtf they need live ammo on a movie set for anyway?

Yeah baldwin lawyers should beat this charge he didn't know the gun was tampered with plus he can't control who loads up these prop guns

I haven't really been following this, so I don't understand. How is it that he can be charged for this? Wasn't it completely an accident? I get there is such a thing as involuntary manslaughter, but even then you have to have some clue that your actions could harm someone else. Didn't he believe the prop was safe?
He’s the producer and hired the “armorer” no?

If that is at all true then yeah he is liable for negligence.

Back