Welcome To aBlackWeb

After game pic of 3 Florida college girls & their boyfriends goes viral on Da Book & Twitter

He married the white girl in 2012, divorced in 2014. It was rumored that she cheated on him with Golden Tate if I recall.

Cheated on him...got divorced...Russ secures his 1st major bag afterwards. Ether.

If they are light look mixed they are still Black.
This narrative needs to die... it may not be YOUR intention but its derogatory

Except light skinned and mixed black women do not get the same treatment as dark skinned black women.

Are we really gonna pretend like most of the women who are black that most of these athletes date aren't majority light skinned?

Y’all can play dumb if y’all want but a higher number of black college athletes have white girlfriends compared to non black athletes at this mostly white colleges.

And people always try to point out the statistics and say that the media is tricking us but if the majority of black athletes are dating black women how do we rarely see it as opposed to white women and mixed women?

Except light skinned and mixed black women do not get the same treatment as dark skinned black women.

Are we really gonna pretend like most of the women who are black that most of these athletes date aren't majority light skinned?

So you went from majority are dating white women to now majority dating mixed and light skin women? I know this is a sports related topic but you aint gotta keep moving the goal posts

So you went from majority are dating white women to now majority dating mixed and light skin women? I know this is a sports related topic but you aint gotta keep moving the goal posts

I'm not moving the goal post. My original statement was that the black athletes that do date black women are usually dating light skinned or mixed black women.

lol Black women always be acting like they were checking for niggas that step out. Maybe that's the case for these future stars, but there are plenty of black dudes out there that settled on white chicks because they couldn't get any play from black chicks. Let's be real, you have fit into one of a limited set of boxes to really get any interest from a lot of black women, and most of those cats you see stepping out simply didn't.

And people always try to point out the statistics and say that the media is tricking us but if the majority of black athletes are dating black women how do we rarely see it as opposed to white women and mixed women?

It's also about what you choose to pay attention to. So if all you wanna see are the white women then that's what you'll see instead of the vast majority who have a Black woman on their arm.

I actually believe that you have these reversed. For every black athlete you see with a black women you're guaranteed to find two with a white woman.

There's really no evidence for that. I couldn't find a number for pro athletes, but here's what I found for high earners in general

Black men drop Black women as soon as they reach a certain level of success, don’t they? While plenty of rap stars, athletes and musicians may choose to date or marry interracially when they achieve fame, the same is not true for the bulk of successful Black men. By analyzing census data, Toldson and Marks found that 83% of married Black men who earned at least $100,000 annually got hitched to Black women.

The same is the case for educated Black men of all incomes. Eighty-five percent of Black male college graduates married Black women. Generally, 88% of married Black men (no matter their income or educational background) have Black wives. This means that interracial marriage should not alone be held responsible for the singleness of Black women.

So while wealthier black men are more prone to marrying outside of the race than the average, most black men with money still by and large marry black women. Unless you think black athletes are some extreme outlier in that group, it's fair to say most married black athletes are probably with black women.

It's also about what you choose to pay attention to. So if all you wanna see are the white women then that's what you'll see instead of the vast majority who have a Black woman on their arm.

I see clearly. I think whenever this topic gets brought up people always say that the majority of these guys are dating black women and we just don't see. So we're supposed to believe what we don't see and ignore what we do see?

The majority of these niggas are not dating black women. Hell you can simply look on IG and most of what you'll see will be "exotic" looking chicks or mixed girls or white girls. When you do come across a few of the black women they'll most likely be light skinned and very few of them are darker skinned black women.

So while wealthier black men are more prone to marrying outside of the race than the average, most black men with money still by and large marry black women. Unless you think black athletes are some extreme outlier in that group, it's fair to say most married black athletes are probably with black women.

We're talking specifically about black athletes and yes I do think that black athletes are an extreme outlier.

I see clearly. I think whenever this topic gets brought up people always say that the majority of these guys are dating black women and we just don't see. So we're supposed to believe what we don't see and ignore what we do see?

The majority of these niggas are not dating black women. Hell you can simply look on IG and most of what you'll see will be "exotic" looking chicks or mixed girls or white girls. When you do come across a few of the black women they'll most likely be light skinned and very few of them are darker skinned black women.

I'm not ignoring the idea of colorism being an issue but you're trying to use that as a pivot from your initial wrong stance. Black athletes are dating and marrying Black women more than any other group. There's literal numbers to back it up which you've been shown. You've been shown actual evidence of the numbers and you wanna use IG posts to combat actual research that's been done?

Reactions: GNS
Aight cool. I can't find any stats specifically for black athletes, so the best we can do is agree to disagree.

How about this. Pull up the list of dudes who made the All Star game this past season. See how many of them have a black wife or girlfriend.

There's really no evidence for that. I couldn't find a number for pro athletes, but here's what I found for high earners in general

Even using Black athletes as an extreme outlier for over 80% of Black wealthy men to marry Black women if you were to just single out Black athletes do you know how high that percentage would have to be for it to constitute a majority marrying outside their race yet the overall number of Black men who make over 100k marrying Black women to sit over 80%? The shit literally doesn't make any sense

All Stars with black girlfriends or wives

LeBron
Brad Beal
Donovan Mitchell
Chris Paul

Giannis girlfriend is mixed and Steph Curry's wife is Chinese and Jamaican. Kawhi's girlfriend is half white too.

The rest of the niggas on that list are dating non black women. That's at best 7 out of 23 players dating black women.

These dudes aren't dating black women.

KD
Kyrie
James Harden
AD
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Julius Randall
Mike Conley Jr.
Zach LaVine
Damien Lillard
Devin Booker
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid
Rudy Gobert
Paul George

This is just a small sample size since I only used players who we All Stars but average this out across the league. This is only a sample of like 25 players but this is how it trends across the entire league.

And football is worse........

Back