Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Inori

NAWF
We were talking about this yesterday in the coronavirus thread... figured it should be it's own topic.

What are some good ways to invest when the markets are down. How can folks go about taking advantage of the situation?

@DOS_patos
@Sion
@AZTG

lol any suggestions on some good buys while this dumpster fire is occurring?

@Sion does this for a living and is bout to stay on top of it and make a killing.

For regular people like us, just find a good index or mutual fund that tracks the dow and you should be good.
A vanguard fund is good for times like these.

Swppx is one I got a good amount of money in. shit been holding me down over the years.

Shit dropped close to 7% in the last 3 days. Good time to buy
Honestly fam everything across the board is taking a beating, banks, retailers, tech, oil, everything. Better off just buying an index fund tracking the stock market like the S&P 500. It's sooo much easier for you versus buying individual stocks.

My man read @AZTG's posts !!!

This is gonna keep markets down for a lil while. In terms of stock picking shit a lot of things are cheap across the board but will get a bit worse before they take off. I would recommend a low cost index fund like SWPPX because it tracks the S&P 500 and since you may not know what to buy this allows you to get the entire market and at the same time you probably won't lose nearly as much as others in the near term who may be trying to pick individual stocks not knowing where to look.
It's tons of ways to make money at this moment.
Simple and complex
Stocks and stockpiles.

Let me know when the thread us up

selloffs are profitable,

Stocks dropping like rocks.....and...its beautiful.

shit even if you dont know about stocks its something for everyone

Micro and Macro economics down to consumer level investing in supply and demand,.......everyone can make a profit.

more details when i get home

Another huge loss day.

Leta see how long it lasts. The more they fall the better.

The shit im already invested in, idgaf about. That shit will bounce back eventually.

Im hoping for a 20% growth in very short term depending how much the shit falls.

example

There were still some face masks available on Amazon AMZN, -1.13% on Thursday, though many were quickly becoming out of stock. A pack of 20 3M MMM, +0.41% face masks was available for $129 on Thursday morning, but by midday it had sold out. In April last year the same pack of masks cost $9.99, according to camelcamelcamel.com, a site that tracks historic prices of goods sold on Amazon.

Seems to me this correction/crash is disastrous for day traders but for long term investors who aren't prone to panic this is the time when the real fruitful seeds will be sewn.

Like @AZTG said and like i told one of my colleagues earlier thenstocks i have atm im not worried about and defo not selling. I'm looking to add! Not just yet though as i think this selloff carries on into next week although maybe not at the same rapid rate.

Chances are we are nowhere near the bottom yet especially if major events like the Olympics and the Euros get called off. Panic will set in. I've only been investing since 2016. This is my first experience of serious downturn in the market and I'm loving it!

What's a good app, platform or site for a beginner? Somewhere a complete novice can get involved with index, mutual fund, vanguard funds etc.

I'm still attempting to learn all the different terms and all that.

Any advice or information would be appreciated

Keep in mind while we all talking bout finding a good index to invest in, the most profit will be made if someone could invest in the correct individual stock. .

That shit carries more risk and usually I would be against it but seeing that Apple is down 20% has me thinking of putting money in Apple.

I cant imagine apple not recovering.

Im leaning towards apple more than some type of fund.

@Sion what say you bro?

What would yall suggest for starting out, especially with this panic situation right now?

So far I got a bio pharm company I put a few dollars into some years ago, it's slow as fuck but I knew that going in

and fuckin snapchat (smdh)

Don’t pay it no mind. Chart says stay away, then stay away. Gonna be like that for the next couple weeks.

And there’s plenty of healthcare stocks that ran 20-200 percent today at the open.

I only pick stocks and I love it man

As for Apple, it's an incredible business, however it depends on how long you're planning on holding Apple. If you intend to hold it for 5+ years and periodically add to it, then it could be very worthwhile.

Im talking very short term, to bank on the fact on that they dropped about 20% in this last week. Im thinking they will recover and get back to their price before the drop in like 6 months.

Think its a bad move?

My long term investment strategy isnt changing. Im planning on buying some more of everything I got in my portfolio since they are dropping so rapidly but I also want to make some short term money that I could just fuck off.

If Apple recovers back in 6 months, thats a easy 20% gain, minus taxes after I sell.

And I honestly cant see the recovery period taking longer than 6 to 12 months.

What would yall suggest for starting out, especially with this panic situation right now?

So far I got a bio pharm company I put a few dollars into some years ago, it's slow as fuck but I knew that going in

and fuckin snapchat (smdh)
i would say.....develop an investment strategy eventually...but right now...its alot to get into.
shit i wasnt even thinking an should have shorted shit. might be too late for that and its very risky.

keep your eye on the news and what holds what up.

like someone just mentioned.....apple.
they wont stay down long and are already on the way back up but apple is also helping out the dow index which is tracked by certain etfs

i personally have a weird way of investing but it works for me and how i see things.
@Sion usually breaks this down easier and in simpler terms.

but for now i would say
CLX because its clorox . bleach wipes and sanitizers and shit. and now the way they are saying to use the wipes ...they will sell hella wipes.
and definitely look into other pharma companies. their are some top ones that are testing current medicine to find a solution while also doing r&d to come up with a new medicine that could lead to other shit in the pipeline.

Im talking very short term, to bank on the fact on that they dropped about 20% in this last week. Im thinking they will recover and get back to their price before the drop in like 6 months.

Think its a bad move?

My long term investment strategy isnt changing. Im planning on buying some more of everything I got in my portfolio since they are dropping so rapidly but I also want to make some short term money that I could just fuck off.

If Apple recovers back in 6 months, thats a easy 20% gain, minus taxes after I sell.

And I honestly cant see the recovery period taking longer than 6 to 12 months.
apple already recoving.

people are doing the quick buck shit by making rounds and buying up shit and reselling it.

they are creating a supply shortage to raise the prices on the demand.

companies are unable to keep up with the demand which makes the lil guy a quick buck.

simple but effective.

What's a good app, platform or site for a beginner? Somewhere a complete novice can get involved with index, mutual fund, vanguard funds etc.

I'm still attempting to learn all the different terms and all that.

Any advice or information would be appreciated

Funny that you cats are having this particular topic discussed recently. I peeped it in the Coronavirus thread Yesterday.

I took a Lyft a few Weeks ago and had an interesting conversation with the Driver who wasn't from around here, just here for Business Investments and such. He mentioned MotleyFool.com and CannabisVentures.com, stating that Cannabis is going to be HUGE in the next several Years. He also mentioned 2 Cannabis companies that are owned by the Govt:

Harvest and Curaleaf.

Here are the links:

https://www.fool.com/

https://www.newcannabisventures.com/

@Sion @AZTG have you heard of these sites, and do you agree with what the Driver said? Because I've been on Motley Fool a few times and have gotten some interesting info, but haven't made any investments yet.

Back