Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

What happened yesterday?
one of the stock i had was taking off
shit was up like +181% then the volume went up.....an they halted it. when it continued it dropped......then they halted it again and when it contunied it dropped again....then the sell off started.

it also happened with a another stock three days ago.

seems like when shit was jumping too fast they halt it.

one of the stock i had was taking off
shit was up like +181% then the volume went up.....an they halted it. when it continued it dropped......then they halted it again and when it contunied it dropped again....then the sell off started.

it also happened with a another stock three days ago.

seems like when shit was jumping too fast they halt it.

I wonder what the actual rules are for halting it. I suppose it makes sense to halt when things are DROPPING too quickly but when folks are buying? Interesting... gonna have to look that up lol

I wonder what the actual rules are for halting it. I suppose it makes sense to halt when things are DROPPING too quickly but when folks are buying? Interesting... gonna have to look that up lol
some people threw around pump and dump.....but im not on that.

i think it was about volitility.

Last edited:
Ok, so I just read this article on MarketWatch the other day talking about Dividend Stocks:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...g-dividends-and-growth-2020-05-20?siteid=bnbh

I already have been seeing alot about the Tech Sector being the rock of the market, that it always remain stable when everything else is falling, so definitely a perfect Long-Term Investment. What I'm trying to figure out is how Dividend Stocks work in order for you to get paid. Break it down for a Street-Smart Simpleton like myself.

:uhhuh6:

Ok, so I just read this article on MarketWatch the other day talking about Dividend Stocks:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...g-dividends-and-growth-2020-05-20?siteid=bnbh

I already have been seeing alot about the Tech Sector being the rock of the market, that it always remain stable when everything else is falling, so definitely a perfect Long-Term Investment. What I'm trying to figure out is how Dividend Stocks work in order for you to get paid. Break it down for a Street-Smart Simpleton like myself.

:uhhuh6:
If u wanna make money off dividends you're gonna have to buy a lot of shares of whatever companies u decide to invest in

Take for example Microsoft ($183/share) they currently pay in dividends 51 cents per share every quarter (3 months)

So as long as u hold stock in them, when it's time for dividend payouts u get that 51 cents x shares owned directly into your account.

If u only own one share u get only 51 cents. If u owned 100 shares u get $51.

Also the payout amount can fluctuate, any trends up or down are usually slow and steady

The aim would be obviously research before u invest and slowly build up your portfolio.

Anyone watching the Bitcoin dip?

Even if u buy fractional shares when this shit done dropping it'll probably go up another $1k

Gotta be some change to be made there

I pulled my money outa bitcoin since it halved.

Ill give it a few months till i can figure out a new pattern

Everyone should throw a few bucks into as many cyrptos under $1 as they can. Incase one of them do what bitcoin did. Imagine missing out a 2nd time?
My issue is idk what other platform to use besides Robinhood which I've heard (without research) is not good for trading cryptos

Any suggestions?

Do u still do it or was it too volatile for u?

Naw i still do i but not as successfully in down 3 gz this yrear overal
If ur asking about apps Robinhood is my fav so far but is limited for advanced investors
Stcktwits.com is a forum like this except for investing they got rooms for every ticker and crypti check em out

Back