Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

When all these splits happen in the upcoming months (Amazon, Google, and Shopify) which ones are you choosing? I'm thinking about not copping Amazon and only getting Google.

Someone please convince me to grab Amazon instead or cop both. I think Amazon will be around for our lifetime and our offspring but Google's a gotdayum Juggarnaut that I'm not seeing anyone rival for another century, i really think Google is the better play...

When all these splits happen in the upcoming months (Amazon, Google, and Shopify) which ones are you choosing? I'm thinking about not copping Amazon and only getting Google.

Someone please convince me to grab Amazon instead or cop both. I think Amazon will be around for our lifetime and our offspring but Google's a gotdayum Juggarnaut that I'm not seeing anyone rival for another century, i really think Google is the better play...
In the big scheme of things Google really doesn't have any real competition, so they'll never really an issue from someone coming in competing. Amazon may be the King at the moment but they still compete with Walmart, Bestbuy, and others. Google would be your best play in my opinion

Also to add on Google's biggest issue that could come up is Google itself.

If they play smart they'll be the best stock wise for awhile. They own the Information search world, they own Youtube, Google Fiber is about to be in every state and on top of that they own the largest cell phone operating system which is Android.

Did anyone get in on Amazon before the split or did yall wait until after?
I think Amazon will go down in a week or two after this split, I'd gather some cash and wait for another drop.

We not done with this quote/unquote recession by a long shot...

I think Amazon will go down in a week or two after this split, I'd gather some cash and wait for another drop.

We not done with this quote/unquote recession by a long shot...

I was thinking it might go up some. Now that the split is complete the cost looks a hell of alot better to consumers than it did previously. I was thinking with gas prices being so high as well that folks might be more likely to order things and get it delivered rather than going to stores. Im holding long term anyway, but if it drops I may cop some more down the line

I was thinking it might go up some. Now that the split is complete the cost looks a hell of alot better to consumers than it did previously. I was thinking with gas prices being so high as well that folks might be more likely to order things and get it delivered rather than going to stores. Im holding long term anyway, but if it drops I may cop some more down the line
You raise good points with the delivery vs gas prices and consumers not wanting to go to stores to cop products.

Sounds like we can't go wrong with either Google or Amazon

In the big scheme of things Google really doesn't have any real competition, so they'll never really an issue from someone coming in competing. Amazon may be the King at the moment but they still compete with Walmart, Bestbuy, and others. Google would be your best play in my opinion
Only if you think of Amazon as a retail business. The bulk of their profit comes from AWS. They're also diversified with other revenue streams such as Twitch, Audible etc. I would love to cop some Amazon but i think the market will dip some more especially in the latter part of the year so I'm going to jump in then. Yes i know time in the market is better than timing the market, but i have a whole heap of other expenses at the moment!

How often yall check your shit? If im not making a purchase or checking for a sale I tend to just let it be. Not trying to stress myself out lol
At least weekly now, down from daily. I use the Mint or Personal Capital app to track all incoming and outgoing expenses, but it also let you tracks the value of your car, home, stocks, bonds and crypto so you know your net worth any time you want.

For me its not about being obsessed with assets going are up or down, it more about tracking where every dollar is going and knowing if i need to increase or cut back on anything, Example: spending too much money on restaurants and not enough on groceries.

Last edited:
Did anyone get in on Amazon before the split or did yall wait until after?
I went with 5 shares of Google a couple months before the split instead... I thought about Amazon, but you never know what profit they are going to claim from earnings report to earnings report(https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMZN/balance-sheet/). The chance they wouldn't make their Q2 earning in July scared me away. I have been tracking their Amazon Fresh ads and they have been losing A LOT of money to get customers/market share. There was at least 1 month of weekly ads where they had $20 off $40 purchases. A buddy I talked about stocks with said he saw someone buying their $100+ of groceries $40 at a time. Long story short I think they can gain 5% on good earnings but lose 12% bad. Google was a safer bet for me

Walmart and Best Buy are NO competition for Amazon,Amazon is the number one retailer on Earth.

Premarket looking like tech stocks are going down again. Anybody making any buys?

I messed up yesterday and got Apple at 146 and and kicking myself right now lol. Only bought one share though and plan on doubling up on it once it gets down to the 120's (hopefully...)

Also still stacking cash for that Google split in July. If it keeps on going down, hopefully I can buy it at 100 a share and load the boat...

Premarket looking like tech stocks are going down again. Anybody making any buys?

I messed up yesterday and got Apple at 146 and and kicking myself right now lol. Only bought one share though and plan on doubling up on it once it gets down to the 120's (hopefully...)

Also still stacking cash for that Google split in July. If it keeps on going down, hopefully I can buy it at 100 a share and load the boat...

I told myseld id buy Tesla if I saw it go down under $700. So I bought today.

Gonna buy again if I see is under $650.

Back