ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Was having this conversation with my friend today. If you're already invested in crypto are there any major benefits in buying Coinbase as a stock?

I got into crypto in like 2017... then it crashed... now that shit is booming. I've been holding onto what i copped this whole time... i have no plans to buy anymore tho.

The thing about Coinbase tho is that it's an exchange.. Even with cryptos volatility.. folks are going to be buying and selling all the time... so maybe buying stock in Coinbase seems like a less volatile way to kinda get involved with crypto shit. *shrugs*

Ima wait and see how things play out.

Reactions: dasmooth1
I got into crypto in like 2017... then it crashed... now that shit is booming. I've been holding onto what i copped this whole time... i have no plans to buy anymore tho.

The thing about Coinbase tho is that it's an exchange.. Even with cryptos volatility.. folks are going to be buying and selling all the time... so maybe buying stock in Coinbase seems like a less volatile way to kinda get involved with crypto shit. *shrugs*

Ima wait and see how things play out.
That makes sense and is a sensible approach for someone who may not have researched cryptos. At least owning the exchange gives you some exposure.

Nike (NKE) took a hit today w/ the estate of Kobe letting their Nike deal expire. Maybe a buying opportunity

I'm back... for the moment anyway. Had to take a break from these consoles, lol

I've seen some questions on here and wanted to give 2c.

Brokers?: TD, Schwab, and Fidelity. All the others don't come close. Robinhood is a joke. Fuck a free stock from them. Shit's tragic. They have fucked ppl so many times. Interesting name for an interesting company though.... Robinthehood. When you see it...
Hell, if you're only in it for the free stock, grab the free stock from the RH referral listed above, hold onto it for 30 days, transfer it out to another broker.

Market strategy?: Scalp; why? March 2020 = Bloodfest. Feb 2021 = Bloodfest. I'm over unwanted surprises by holding stuff overnight. Will I see huge returns on these plays? No, but I no longer wake up to huge losses either. Scalping takes on another psychology though. The thought of putting up 5 to 15 contracts on NFLX, TSLA, etc is scary at first, but seeing a 20cent to a 1 to 2 pt (and sometimes higher) in a matter of seconds is enough for me. First time I tried it? Over 3k in less than 2 mins. Results will vary.

I'm not aiming for homeruns anymore, I have crypto for that. Thanks a milly @M4nh4tt4n.
Caught XRP on a whim earlier this year, and I'm up 400% on it. Vechain is next... wait wrong thread lol.

Off again, bbl I suppose. Above all, everything is an opportunity.

I'm back... for the moment anyway. Had to take a break from these consoles, lol

I've seen some questions on here and wanted to give 2c.

Brokers?: TD, Schwab, and Fidelity. All the others don't come close. Robinhood is a joke. Fuck a free stock from them. Shit's tragic. They have fucked ppl so many times. Interesting name for an interesting company though.... Robinthehood. When you see it...
Hell, if you're only in it for the free stock, grab the free stock from the RH referral listed above, hold onto it for 30 days, transfer it out to another broker.

Market strategy?: Scalp; why? March 2020 = Bloodfest. Feb 2021 = Bloodfest. I'm over unwanted surprises by holding stuff overnight. Will I see huge returns on these plays? No, but I no longer wake up to huge losses either. Scalping takes on another psychology though. The thought of putting up 5 to 15 contracts on NFLX, TSLA, etc is scary at first, but seeing a 20cent to a 1 to 2 pt (and sometimes higher) in a matter of seconds is enough for me. First time I tried it? Over 3k in less than 2 mins. Results will vary.

I'm not aiming for homeruns anymore, I have crypto for that. Thanks a milly @M4nh4tt4n.
Caught XRP on a whim earlier this year, and I'm up 400% on it. Vechain is next... wait wrong thread lol.

Off again, bbl I suppose. Above all, everything is an opportunity.

Yessir!!! I sold ALL of my stocks YESTERDAY for THETA/ADA/VET. Great minds think alike lol

And as far as RobinHood, they are a cancer. That being said, the play is to share your link to friends/family for a month, then transfer out all the free stocks you’ve received to a broker and trade for $GBTC...😎

• Ether
Reactions: tocika4618
Nah I disagree. U.S. consumers are sitting on $2 trillion in savings, on top of that low household debts, economy reopening along with the virus receding in the US. This doesn't even take into account the $1.9 trillion stimulus the Biden Administration authorized or recent corporate profits.

Stock prices today are low compared to where they'll be in 3-4 years. If you're lucky enough to have been buying now you'll reap the rewards.
I hope there's a few pullbacks within those 3-4 years that there will be buying opportunities for people that have cash on the sidelines waiting on the right moment

Nah I disagree. U.S. consumers are sitting on $2 trillion in savings, on top of that low household debts, economy reopening along with the virus receding in the US. This doesn't even take into account the $1.9 trillion stimulus the Biden Administration authorized or recent corporate profits.

Stock prices today are low compared to where they'll be in 3-4 years. If you're lucky enough to have been buying now you'll reap the rewards.
What I do to you?

Why you out here hoe-ing me?

Now is a very good moment. Well when you mean pullback what is your definition of one ? Cuz if you mean where the market loses 10% that still aint much. After every major recession, markets usually rally. In the 90s that was the longest bull market and then came 2008 and markets rallied for 12 years before the next major recession. That's a long time.

There's always opportunities but there are better ones during recession. I would tell people if you are looking to invest, now is a very good time because when the markets rally you're gonna see the S&P 500 doing 20%+. YTD it's already up 11.4% and we're not even half way into the year yet.
Great!!! I'm more or less doing index/mutual fund investing so a lot of my portfolio is dependent on how the overall market is doing.

As for my individual stock funds (which is only blue chip or technology stocks), I'm thinking of 15% pullback in the market. Enough to say it's time to re-up on some of the positions that I'm high on