Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Man I always warn people about shorting because if you're wrong the losses are unlimited. This is one of those times where you actually see people who bet wrong and get slaughtered.

Theoretically, they weren't wrong to short. It's just that their positions likely had short time periods and that 2% chance actually happened and wiped them out. Imagine waking up to your advisor telling you that your fund got wiped out cuz he bet the wrong way lmaoooooo

I saw "The Big Short" last Night, and when they had the scene with Margot Robie breaking down shit like "shorting", it began to make more sense.

Shorting is basically betting against a Stock to either gain or lose. It's like a Gambler betting for or against the House. I'm not sure if that's accurate enough, so if someone could correct me on this, please feel free.

3QZk.gif

tumblr_n2rcqrGokf1qm2uhao6_250.gif

tenor.gif

MetallicCharmingGemsbok-small.gif

YA8.gif

Leo apparently hurt his back badly opening that door on the last gif

Im waiting in my tastyworks account to get approved

using kraken for crypto

may use webull as well

for sure moving myshit from Robin Hood

What's the transfer fee on RH and how long does the process take? I got almost 4000 shares in DOGE on RH and might need to put that shit in a wallet.

What's the transfer fee on RH and how long does the process take? I got almost 4000 shares in DOGE on RH and might need to put that shit in a wallet.
Tranfer fee is 75$

fyi when trading crypto on RH you dont have the actual coins...just the value.

so yes you still make money but you not actually mining or buying actual coin

and also in order to transfer from RH you gotta cash out your crypto.

Welp copped some NOK and Clov and Dodgecoin so woken up now with this shit man. Lost 100 but hey man got something decent back

Still waiting for my binance account to get verified. Put $50 into bitcoin on cashapp though. I was told to hold NOK until about Thursday and probably sell AMC on Monday when the shorts begin

I saw "The Big Short" last Night, and when they had the scene with Margot Robie breaking down shit like "shorting", it began to make more sense.

Shorting is basically betting against a Stock to either gain or lose. It's like a Gambler betting for or against the House. I'm not sure if that's accurate enough, so if someone could correct me on this, please feel free.

It gets better. Selling options naked is unlimited risk. Here's why.
FYI Naked just means that you don't have the shares onhand to satisfy the call if you are margin called.
1611963761866.png

For example, Say I sold some naked apple calls @ $136.25 strike for 4/16/21. Today.. I would be ITM (Think the reverse of buying a call).
For the person who bought calls, he would be down $226 per contract. At least.. if he got in from the previous day. He would be down even more if he bought these calls at the open. For now, we'll stick with previous close.

So... who gets that $226 per contract? Me. Cha-ching!
But what happens to the guy who buys the calls and it goes to zero? He has defined risk. At most, if he bought at previous close and it goes to zero, then he is out of $1,070 per contract. As the number gets closer to zero... I would earn all that he lost.

Here's where it gets tricky.
As the stock price reaches the strike, the contract goes up in price, and of course vice versa (see delta, gamma, and the greeks for more).

So what happens when the stock price hits or goes past my strike call? I lose money... and it's unlimited because Apple could have gone to $500 a share today. If it did, then in this situation, I would be F U C K E D. I would receive a margin call and thus would need to liquidate my other holdings (but as we know, the brokerages have the right to do this for me if I don't act immediately.
Now imagine someone getting greedy and doing this with 50 or a 100 contracts..

But wait... there's more.
Because each option contract is roughly equal to 100 shares... and because I sold a call and it hit... I also need to have enough equity in the account to each buy the put, to offset the call (strangle), or enough to buy 100 shares at that strike price. So that's $136.25 *100 shares.

If you read through all of that and understood it, then you know why hedge funds are freaking the fuck out this week. Their situation is a bit different. They were short selling shares that don't exist... and now ppl are coming for those shares... but there aren't enough to satisfy the demand...

GME could save the day by diluting the shares... but if someone locked potential customers from buying your current shares and only allowed ppl to sell them... would you help that person out down the line? If you would, then meet me at the river. You are the frog; I'm the scorpion.

*My thoughts; Do your own DD; yada yada. This is NOT investment advice and shouldn't be taken as such.*

Last edited:
You can't transfer crypyo from RH.

Once all of this is over, I'm dipping. Fuck that site.
That's because they own the keys. If you don't own the keys, you don't own the crypto. Stay away from cash app and paypal as well if you plan to transfer.
Get with my boy Dr. @M4nh4tt4n for more info on that.

*My thoughts; Do your own DD; yada yada. This is NOT investment advice and shouldn't be taken as such.*

Last edited:
Y'all niggas just ingoring me and laughing man I thought we was family lol

Will this shit rise or fall more?

It will more than likely go way up. The gamma squeeze hasn't even begun yet.
Play with what only you can afford to lose. The rest is up to you. I lost over 10k in one day. I don't feel it. Gained 15k the next day.

Last edited:
One more and I'm done for the night, unless you all want me to stick around.. lol

1611965950984.png

How fitting is this... it's the ultimate cheat code. POWER TO THE MF PLAYERS!
Robinhood is so fucked lmao.
I do shed a tear for the I.T. dept; they will lose their jobs more than likely and that sucks. They only did what they were instructed to do.
:kanyecry2:

It will more than likely go way up. The gamma squeeze hasn't even begun yet.
Play with what only you can afford to lose. The rest is up to you. I lost over 10k in one day. I don't feel it. Gained 15k the next day.

Too late mane :( I can technically cancel it since it's being processed over the weekend.

@silverfoxx

Fam, you at like 2500% profit if you bought st 1.37.

Dont listen to these mfers. Sell that shit, pocket your money.

Anyone here who been investing for a long time will tell you the same shit.

Grab your profit. Who cares if it gets to $400-$500?

You dont risk being up 2500% for another few hundred percent potentially.

You grab the for sure 2500%.

Go with your instincts when its all said done.

Just saying if im you, ill sell and go to sleep happy tonight. And if it continues going up, it dont matter. You made out incredible.

@silverfoxx

Fam, you at like 2500% profit if you bought st 1.37.

Dont listen to these mfers. Sell that shit, pocket your money.

Anyone here who been investing for a long time will tell you the same shit.

Grab your profit. Who cares if it gets to $400-$500?

You dont risk being up 2500% for another few hundred percent potentially.

You grab the for sure 2500%.

Go with your instincts when its all said done.

Just saying if im you, ill sell and go to sleep happy tonight. And if it continues going up, it dont matter. You made out incredible.
I feel you man. Play it safe and conservatively.

Either way I'll be in this thread more often. REALLY appreciate y'all for dropping gems last year for me to even be in this position.

Yeah man that's how most people get killed in bubbles. The one sane guy tells them to leave while they on top, they decide that dude is crazy, stay and then shit plummets and then they get slaughtered. I've seen it far too many times lololol.
Damn even Sion chiming in. Shiiii Aite y'all appreciate it.

Back