Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Record Store "Legends or Not" Criteria Thread

T pain is an entirely diff artist than kanye. T pain doesnt have nearly the influence of one of the biggest artists of this generation.

The sound and content of kanyes music, particularly from 808s, influenced damn near all the young rappers out.

U can hear kanye in a lot of new music, u can hear cudi in a lot of kanyes music.

You're buggin, Auto-tune was on 99% of every fuckin song for years, to the point jay-z had to make an anti-autotune song. That was all T-pain's influence. Don't do that.

You're buggin, Auto-tune was on 99% of every fuckin song for years, to the point jay-z had to make an anti-auto song. That was all T-pain's influence. Don't do that.
U missed my point.

Bone thugs harmonized in their music would u say they influenced ja rule who harmonized in his?

Even tho they both used auto tune they sound nothing alike. These new guys using auto tune werent influenced by tpain. Kanye wasnt even influenced by tpain.

U missed my point.

Bone thugs harmonized in their music would u say they influenced ja rule who harmonized in his?

Even tho they both used auto tune they sound nothing alike. These new guys using auto tune werent influenced by tpain. Kanye wasnt even influenced by tpain.

That's a lie. They were definitely influenced by pain. Shit they even tried to call Future a fake t-pain for a sec.

Cudi's debut album was like a fuse of emo rapper/singer

Thats exactly what 808s was, who cudi was featured on 2 singles and wrote on 2 others.

Thats why i mentioned content as well. Auto tune isnt even the half of it.

I remember right before that shit dropped this dropped

100% t-pain influence

It was recorded by a rap artist.

U said yourself udk cudis catalogue how can u possibly gauge his influence on kanyes music?

Auto tune is not the only aspect its one of many.

U can clearly hear the t-pain influence and cudi wasn't doing autotune before t-pain.

Also, if that's the case, T-Pain is a rapper first.

Tpain use of auto tune was way more pop

Kanyes use was way more emo/dark/depressing...cudi's whole style was dark/emo rapper/singer

Tpain was damn near outcasted for his use of auto tune, kanye made it cool and influenced others darker emo/auto tune sound

Again, one aspect of many

I got the perfect counter to this but let me see what 5 Grand says.

Go ahead and drop some science. I think you'd have to be delusional to put Project Pat in the same category as Ice T. Its such a ridiculous discussion that I've lost interest.

Tpain use of auto tune was way more pop

Kanyes use was way more emo/dark/depressing...cudi's whole style was dark/emo rapper/singer

Tpain was damn near outcasted for his use of auto tune, kanye made it cool and influenced others darker emo/auto tune sound

Again, one aspect of many

lol @ kanye made it cool. T-Pain had already made a ton of hits by the time kanye came and rode the wave.

T-Pain worked on 808s and kanye said he made 808s cuz of T-Pain's album

Yall really chill with the kanye stanning . He's cool, but yall takin this shit too far.

lol @ kanye made it cool. T-Pain had already made a ton of hits by the time kanye came and rode the wave.

T-Pain worked on 808s and kanye said he made 808s cuz of T-Pain's album

Yall really chill with the kanye stanning . He's cool, but yall takin this shit too far.

Ur veering way off from the point and only focusing on auto tune even tho i keep bringing up other shit

How many songs kanye got with tpain vs cudi?

How many songs cudi write/produce on kanye albums vs tpain?

Regardless of the amount of influence Ye got from tpain he got way more from cudi. Even when kanye doesnt use auto tune he still might sound like cudi, facts.

Go head bring up auto tune again

Ur veering way off from the point and only focusing on auto tune even tho i keep bringing up other shit

How many songs kanye got with tpain vs cudi?

How many songs cudi write/produce on kanye albums vs tpain?

Regardless of the amount of influence Ye got from tpain he got way more from cudi. Even when kanye doesnt use auto tune he still might sound like cudi, facts.

Go head bring up auto tune again

So even tho the entire premise of 808s and heartbreaks is from t-pain and he worked on the album, cudi had more influence? Cudi helped Kanye copy what T-pain was already doing lol

To bring it back to the main topic, cudi is lacking all of the other qualities of being a legend, so i dont even know why we're debating this lol

So even tho the entire premise of 808s and heartbreaks is from t-pain and he worked on the album, cudi had more influence? Cudi helped Kanye copy what T-pain was already doing lol

To bring it back to the main topic, cudi is lacking all of the other qualities of being a legend, so i dont even know why we're debating this lol
Im not calling cudi a legend. Im saying the logic u used for project pat could be argued for cudi.

And u keep bringing up 808s/autotune but i guess since udk cudi's catalogue its hard for u to make any other points.

Back