Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Record Store "Legends or Not" Criteria Thread

FOH

This is what put 36 on the map

came out before Sippin

Who run it didn't even crack the top 100 on the URBAN charts, let alone the regular charts. Sizzup was top 30 on urban and like i said earlier, nobody from that camp made it on the regular billboard charts till Project Pat.

I think cross over appeal into mainstream life is needed to an extent i.e like 50, Em, Snoop, Jay etc are pretty much all known by grannies and people who prolly cant even name one hip hop song...

I think cross over appeal into mainstream life is needed to an extent i.e like 50, Em, Snoop, Jay etc are pretty much all known by grannies and people who prolly cant even name one hip hop song...

Then FLO Rida and Pitbull first ballot picks

Last edited by a moderator:
Like @Cain said Lock this.... @AP21 ... Get out your feeling... you the same dude that was mad that Jazmine Cashmere won PPM Tournament over Pinky XXX in the Finals and beat Cherokee D’Ass in in the semifinals.... You are doing too much...let the series rock out by poll results as it currently doing. Great Job @Goldie

Like @Cain said Lock this.... @AP21 ... Get out your feeling... you the same dude that was mad that Jazmine Cashmere won PPM Tournament over Pinky XXX in the Finals and beat Cherokee D’Ass in in the semifinals.... You are doing too much...let the series rock out by poll results as it currently doing. Great Job @Goldie

Man shutcho goofy ass up
-Cain

LMAO

idgaf about that brah lol

Last edited:
I'm going to have to trademark my shit I see. Pay homage if you're going to use my style b
oh my fault brotha...you know im one for giving credit where it belongs

The songs that put 3-6 on the map (Commercially)

Sippin on sizzup << that's pat on the classic hook

Chickenhead

Don't save her

Pat songs. Those are the songs that put them on the radio. Without 3-6, no trap muzik and arguably even crunk muzik. The whole landscape changes from that one domino effect.
If hip hop never got Chickenhead and Don’t Save Her, That would’ve drastically changed the course of hip hop? In The Ghetto and Colors>> any of those Pat songs but I can somewhat give you Sizzurp. Explain Trap Muzik and Crunk Muzik?

Then FLO Rida and Pitbull first ballot picks

I said to an extent, not that if you have that, that you should automatically be considered a legend... Just like being amazing lyricist or selling major doesnt automatically imo make you a legend either... I thought this was what are the 'characteristics' that make up a legend...

If hip hop never got Chickenhead and Don’t Save Her, That would’ve drastically changed the course of hip hop? In The Ghetto and Colors>> any of those Pat songs but I can somewhat give you Sizzurp. Explain Trap Muzik and Crunk Muzik?

You're going off personal preference, not influence. The sound of trap and crunk music directly come from 3-6. 3-6 got known commercially by Project Pat songs. It's not about what song you like more.

Yall are choosing if a mf's a legend or not off personal preference. If that's the case, neither cube or prince are legends, fuck it.

You're going off personal preference, not influence. The sound of trap and crunk music directly come from 3-6. 3-6 got known commercially by Project Pat songs. It's not about what song you like more.

Yall are choosing if a mf's a legend or not off personal preference. If that's the case, neither cube or prince are legends, fuck it.
That’s a 3-6 influence not a Pat influence. And Pat was their Cappadonna he wasn’t even in the group.

Back