Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Record Store "Legends or Not" Criteria Thread

I said to an extent, not that if you have that, that you should automatically be considered a legend... Just like being amazing lyricist or selling major doesnt automatically imo make you a legend either... I thought this was what are the 'characteristics' that make up a legend...

I get it. And I agree.

I was just saying how some can meet certain criteria and still not be considered legends.

And honestly with ehat you said in mind, that could be used as justification why Too Short or Iced T (mostly known for tv/movies and his wife woth broader audiences) shouldn't be in.

The cap comparison shows u dont know shit about 3-6 lol

And those songs were Pat songs, not 3-6 songs.
i think he is saying 3 6 or rather Juicy and Paul should be credited with giving Pat his sound as they provided the music to his stories

i think he is saying 3 6 or rather Juicy and Paul should be credited with giving Pat his sound as they provided the music to his stories

Pat is the one who brought the sound to the mainstream...

The cap comparison shows u dont know shit about 3-6 lol

And those songs were Pat songs, not 3-6 songs.
I didn’t compare them, just saying that they were close affiliates to the group but weren’t actually in the group. Those 2 Pat songs were cool late 90’s early 00’s singles nothing that would cause a void if those songs didn’t exist.

I get it. And I agree.

I was just saying how some can meet certain criteria and still not be considered legends.

And honestly with ehat you said in mind, that could be used as justification why Too Short or Iced T (mostly known for tv/movies and his wife woth broader audiences) shouldn't be in.

But imo Too Short and Ice T help pioneer hip hop, helped put other rappers on, have cross over appeal, got love from the underground and mainstream AND make dope music and have sold crazy units and managed to maintain longevity...

I didn’t compare them, just saying that they were close affiliates to the group but weren’t actually in the group. Those 2 Pat songs were cool late 90’s early 00’s singles nothing that would cause a void if those songs didn’t exist.

You're talkin about the two songs. If those Ice-T songs didn't exist nothing would change lol That's subjective.

The fact is Project pat brought the 3-6 sound to the mainstream which ultimately became the sound of hiphop we know today.

we are talking past each other

i meant the actual production...his sound...not his style
You're talkin about the two songs. If those Ice-T songs didn't exist nothing would change lol That's subjective.

The fact is Project pat brought the 3-6 sound to the mainstream which ultimately became the sound of hiphop we know today.

Colors is way more impactful than anything Project Pat ever put out. You forgot about Tear Da Club Up 97 put them on the map.

They way this site acts if someone doesn't agree with their musical taste is appalling

You niggas really need another person validation to enjoy who you like?

:pathetic:

They way this site acts if someone doesn't agree with their musical taste is appalling

You niggas really need another person validation to enjoy who you like?

:pathetic:
thats not whats going on here

thats not whats going on here
It's gotta be

Fuck a criteria, let the ppl vote without parameters and without a pre developed box.

If MC Hammer a legend to you and you remember how his music made you feel, you think a poll of ppl who never walked in ya shoes gonna change that?

I thought all the bitching was us having fun but yall seriously drained the fun outta this shit trying to instate rules and shit

Chaos begets beauty and you niggas are UG-LY

Colors is way more impactful than anything Project Pat ever put out. You forgot about Tear Da Club Up 97 put them on the map.

Didn't make any charts @ tear da club up

Most in the souf would pick mad Pat songs over Colors

It's gotta be

Fuck a criteria, let the ppl vote without parameters and without a pre developed box.

If MC Hammer a legend to you and you remember how his music made you feel, you think a poll of ppl who never walked in ya shoes gonna change that?

I thought all the bitching was us having fun but yall seriously drained the fun outta this shit trying to instate rules and shit

Chaos begets beauty and you niggas are UG-LY
you know you dont have to post in here right?

all this shit is just playful banter

relax

I’m just saying that’s the song that put them on the map.

Locally/in their region. But it was Pat's songs and "sizzurp" that got em played around the country.

We're talkin semantics, but Pat definitely has influence.

Locally/in their region. But it was Pat's songs and "sizzurp" that got em played around the country.

We're talkin semantics, but Pat definitely has influence.
i think if more artists had started using Pat's flow and cadences, his impact would be more recognizeable

I love that he never sounded like any other rapper tho

LMAO Goldie trying so hard to give Pat, 36 credits...Sippin on Some Syrup ain't a 36 song featuring Pat, it's a Pat song

tenor.gif

LMAO Goldie trying so hard to give Pat, 36 credits...Sippin on Some Syrup ain't a 36 song featuring Pat, it's a Pat song

tenor.gif

None of their songs cracked the top 100 until pat was on it.

None of them made billboard hot100 hits till Pat did.

Why U mad tho?

giphy.gif

Back