Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Oversight Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw my name in ?‍♂️

I don't think sitewide alerts are needed because a bunch of people don't even go to other parts of the site so they really don't care. Maybe just post in the thread and say why it happened and move on. If someone asks more questions then answer them. If it's too many questions or too personal then take it outside the thread and PM them
Same could be done for edits

I don't have a problem with that but that's when it bleeds into threads and turns into some other shit. That seems to be the issue alot of posters are having in regards to this. No one wants to see the constant back and forth.

I'm open to the suggestion tho. Ultimately I just want it to be less cloak and dagger so trust can be built. In the past I've seen people get banned and several posts get deleted like nothing happened.

2 things can be true.

I've agreed to 2 of the 3 things that were requested, but that doesn't take away from there being a handful of posters on here who have a personal agenda against certain mods.
You’re right but when I made my mod reform thread it was taken as a personal attack on the mods and attention seeking

when deadeye complains it’s taken as a personal attack

I’m just saying what’s you said doesn’t apply to everyone with a complaint

but I hear you *fades back*

My fault, i don't think I made myself clear, idgaf what you're talkin about fam. Nothing you say will ever make me change my staff. If you don't like it, go to a different site.

This site is a million times more lenient and chill than REddit, LSA, Cracka Coli, etc. If you can't handle it here, you just aint built for forums.
Bro, don't be dense. There are two concerns here.

1. Transparency with how your Mods carry out their roles. They themselves have admitted to getting in their feelings and acting on those feelings as Mods. Major no-no. Akin to a cop acting on his prejudices in the line of duty.

2. A request to form a Mod Oversight Committee. Similar to a community oversight committee. Helps to ensure Mods are fair and consistent.

No one asked you to remove your staff. Learn to read the posts objectively and, again, stay out of your feelings.

I still stand by ABW court being the best solution for accountability for ALL posters... not just the mods...

Since @Goldie ?? already said no matter what, HE is the one that decides who is on his staff , what will the oversight commission be doing exactly? What does the oversight look like if that's the case then?

At the end of the day tho, this whole thread is about how the mods need to be checked, when it's the non mods who get out of pocket the most on here. Where's the thread for that at?

It just seems like an agenda cuz a handful of yall don't fuck with the mods.

People rarely get banned on here, that shit chicity pulled yesterday rarely happens and that shit lasted for a whole 60 secs.

Cut it out man.

I've been banned for getting out of pocket.

The shit that chi pulled illustrates a bigger problem. You after explaining your actions in a thread where many posters explained to you without getting out of pocket that you may have went about things the wrong way then specifically asked repeatedly for us to suggest changes you would take into consideration. While doing so a mod abused their powers to try and embarrass a poster for shits and giggles for no other reason than the fact that they could.

If this were reddit or apple...

I still stand by ABW court being the best solution for accountability for ALL posters... not just the mods...

Since @Goldie ?? already said no matter what, HE is the one that decides who is on his staff , what will the oversight commission be doing exactly? What does the oversight look like if that's the case then?

You're welcome to read the thread at anytime.

I've been banned for getting out of pocket.

The shit that chi pulled illustrates a bigger problem. You after explaining your actions in a thread where many posters explained to you without getting out of pocket that you may have went about things the wrong way then specifically asked repeatedly for us to suggest changes you would take into consideration. While doing so a mod abused their powers to try and embarrass a poster for shits and giggles for no other reason than the fact that they could.

If this were reddit or apple...

If this was reddit or apple, homie i banned would still be banned and a thread about it wouldve never been made.

And you've been widely applauded for you're transparency. So what's the issue?

The goal isnt to punish mods it's to make sure they're being honest, fair and consistent. I don't understand why that's crazy.

Widely applauded? Yall aint do shit but cry for 40 pages.

What's crazy is the main people who get outta pocket on the site aren't mods and you've never but 3% of the energy into that as you have on "checking" the mods.

Once I see the same energy being placed on non mods, shit like this won't come off as an agenda.

Homie, we have contests where people post selfies in their profile pic to win money. There's a thread for pictures and a thread for posters to post their kids.

No poster gives a fuck about getting roasted, but kids always been off lines.

You late to the party, but must of us have come from more hostile online communities... And thrived well there. Tough skin isn't the issue here. The issue here is a healthy posting environment.

People want to feel safe posting here, and the people are questioning the moderators ability to provide that environment without forcing their personal biases on posters without reason.

But trust and believe.... We posting pictures.
Dude, you have no idea of the hostile online environments I have been involved in. The way ya'll crying about being called a name and being questioned as a Mod gives me the impression you are a vulnerable young cat who doesn't want people online disrespecting you or your family even when you put that info out for all to see. Or being asked why you took a certain action as a Mod.

Notice how I capitalize the word 'Mod'? It's because I respect the role. Doesn't mean you and your comrades are above criticism.

I have been on both sides of online roast parties that would make you want to pull a Bobby-Kristina. But I also realized it's just the web. Not even real.

But ya'll go ahead and stay in your feelings. I'm still eating cake and watching thots buss it open.

What's crazy is the main people who get outta pocket on the site aren't mods and you've never but 3% of the energy into that as you have on "checking" the mods.

Once I see the same energy being placed on non mods, shit like this won't come off as an agenda.
this site on multiple occasions has been celebrated for its transparency

maybe you missed it because you weren’t around

did it ever occur to you non mods don’t receive this energy because they have no power to influence things on the site? Did it occur to you ppl have issues with the way ppl moderate? How can non mods receive flack? Lol

Dude, you have no idea of the hostile online environments I have been involved in. The way ya'll crying about being called a name and being questioned as a Mod gives me the impression you are a vulnerable young cat who doesn't want people online disrespecting you or your family even when you put that info out for all to see. Or being asked why you took a certain action as a Mod.

Notice how I capitalize the word 'Mod'? It's because I respect the role. Doesn't mean you and your comrades are above criticism.

I have been on both sides of online roast parties that would make you want to pull a Bobby-Kristina. But I also realized it's just the web. Not even real.

But ya'll go ahead and stay in your feelings. I'm still eating cake and watching thots buss it open.
Yeah, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

You realize that's my face in my Avi right?

In fact... Just Google dusouljah....

It'll give you more ammo to come at me.... And trust... You not the first to come at me

I agree. Its limited options tho unfortunately.

@Race Jones , @Blackish , @Baldheadlogic

We'd love to hear your input and if you would be interested in joining the commission.
I appreciate you considering me. Unfortunately, my energy is reserved and I don't have the time, effort, or capacity of patience you may need. I don't and won't waste your time.

My nigga theres a bunch of posters in there that applauded you for the fact you even had the conversation. I'm not gonna go back and forth over that.

Again this isnt about me. Even tho there's plenty of posters in here telling yall the same things and others that don't have any connection with me on any level telling you they would be open to seeing this through you can't see the forest from the trees and taking it personal even tho I've presented this in the most objective least disrespectful way possible.

Homie, we have contests where people post selfies in their profile pic to win money. There's a thread for pictures and a thread for posters to post their kids.

No poster gives a fuck about getting roasted, but kids always been off lines.

You late to the party, but must of us have come from more hostile online communities... And thrived well there. Tough skin isn't the issue here. The issue here is a healthy posting environment.

People want to feel safe posting here, and the people are questioning the moderators ability to provide that environment without forcing their personal biases on posters without reason.

But trust and believe.... We posting pictures.
Oh! You on that 'safe space' kick now. Then provide us a 'safe space' from all those Linkvertise posters in the Mega thread.

Even using the term 'safe space' means you wear your feelings on your sleeves.

Go to church if you want a 'safe space'. There are none online. Ya'll really are dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back