Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

@AP21 if you got a best buy in your area usually they have plenty of speakers you can test out and see if they hitting
Thanks fam

But I fucking loathe going in there

I have the same experience every single time. I actually went in there today to buy:

Tv mount
Surround sound speakers
Office desk
TV stand

I walk through 4 departments and not one single person asked if I needed help.

I was in there maybe 10 min just walking around. Nothing

I ended up going to Wal Mart and getting the Vizio surround sound 5.1 system and the TV mount

Fuck best buy

Thanks fam

But I fucking loathe going in there

I have the same experience every single time. I actually went in there today to buy:

Tv mount
Surround sound speakers
Office desk
TV stand

I walk through 4 departments and not one single person asked if I needed help.

I was in there maybe 10 min just walking around. Nothing

I ended up going to Wal Mart and getting the Vizio surround sound 5.1 system and the TV mount

Fuck best buy
I never had that problem at the one in my area, but I have went in there to check out some stuff and went purchased else where ie camera equipment

Since it's fall I got some organizational projects that I have in the works. First on my list is my linen closet, I want it to look something like this....

b68cd8ed77a1c7aa892bd82653afcfeb.jpg

about to do this...never thought of this...be a nice way to add some light in the back yard for the cheap

13620350_1242751375755673_4910334229038138071_n.jpg

Put some LED lights on the back of the TV in the living room. Gotta clean up the cords though but I'm feeling this shit

Also got the soundbar and sub hooked up. Gotta get stands for the satellite speakers but this shit make a world of difference

Put some LED lights on the back of the TV in the living room. Gotta clean up the cords though but I'm feeling this shit

Also got the soundbar and sub hooked up. Gotta get stands for the satellite speakers but this shit make a world of difference

I was looking at getting something like that myself. Does the color change according to whatever the most prominent color on the screen is? Do you find it distracting or does it add to whatever you're watching?

I was looking at getting something like that myself. Does the color change according to whatever the most prominent color on the screen is? Do you find it distracting or does it add to whatever you're watching?
Well these are non responsive. Whichever means they star whatever static color you set unless you have to to go randomly from color to color

I just did it this morning. I'm going to test it this evening to really see if it helps in low lighting so that I can give a proper review but so far it gives it a nice accent

Remodeling my kitchen. It's a little outdated going to put granite countertops and back splash. Going to put hardwoods down in a room downstairs, repaint the down and up stairs change out the faucets in the bathrooms and re-carpet upstairs. That entire project is estimated at $5725

Edit: getting a new roof in a few weeks....$11k
Just saw this post so hope I'm not too late.

Find a roofer that will get the insurance company to agree that there was damage due to a natural disaster. With the hurricanes coming through lately shouldn't be that hard. Then you'll just pay the deductible. We paid $500 to get our whole roof redone.

Anybody have any good ideas on what I should put down on my basement floor?

Here's a pic...
20171010_111307.jpg

Remodeling my kitchen. It's a little outdated going to put granite countertops and back splash. Going to put hardwoods down in a room downstairs, repaint the down and up stairs change out the faucets in the bathrooms and re-carpet upstairs. That entire project is estimated at $5725

Edit: getting a new roof in a few weeks....$11k
Just got the roof done........7500 insurance paid 6500 i had to come up with the rest.

Got a guy coming thru to measure the countertops and give me a price for the redo. $2000

Mexican partner said his cousins will charge me $500 to repaint the all rooms if I buy the material which is $300

Faucets are $90 so thats 360 buck and I'll do that myself.

Hardwoods gonna hit me for 3200.

Just got the roof done........7500 insurance paid 6500 i had to come up with the rest.

Got a guy coming thru to measure the countertops and give me a price for the redo. $2000

Mexican partner said his cousins will charge me $500 to repaint the all rooms if I buy the material which is $300

Did u try having the roof surveyed after hurricane? I heard of guy that was ok'ing a bunch of pre damaged roofs and getting insurance to cover most if not all of it.

Last edited:

Aye slide me that paint contact that's a great deal

Did u try having the roof surveyed after hurricane? I heard of guy that was ok'ing a bunch of pre damaged roofs and getting insurance to cover most if not of it.
That my suggestion a few posts up. If he only came off $1k that was probably his deductible and insurance covered the rest.

I got a closet in the game room (above garage) thats not insulated so it pretty much feels like outside

its just the outer wall of the roof (slanted) on one side and drywall (backside of gameroom wall) on the other...about 6.5 feet at the highest point

is there a quick/simple way to insulate that one wall (and maybe the floor) without buying the big roll of shit?

im not trying to hang drywall in there and really dont even care about plywood....would the insulation boards work by themselves?

I'm gonna be buying a house around Feb of next year, so for the next few months leading up to it I'm gonna be purchasing items for the new house so I can have most of the things I need when I get there.

This is pretty much my first time making a home, the last house I had literally just had a bed and a tv, I didn't add shit to it lol

This time around I wanna really make a home. I got a lil money to play with, so I wanna buy some good shit. I've been watchin house tours like a bitch to find some ideas for the new house, but maybe yall can school me.

The house I got my eye on and very close to signing off for is a 3 br house, fireplace, front and back yard etc. What things are imperative that I have in a house?

I wanna make the crib kind've smart home'ish. Half of the ideas I've cooked up so far I bit off homie, still waiting for him to drop his updated video of the crib

Back