Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

Where did you get yours from, and are they easy to install?

Yea they're super easy to install.

U can take 2 routes.

1. The route I took this time around. Basic LED light strips that'll run you about $20-30.

I used the same strips used in this video (link to the strips is in the description of the vid, i'll post it in here if necessary)

Or #2. Take the route I eventually plan on taking and get ambient light strips that'll run you a couple hunnid.

Here's a good breakdown between the 2

@Goldie, look into getting a Nest thermostat. It's so clutch.

Instead of getting up in the middle of the night to adjust the temperature, roll over to your phone on the charger, and change it from the app.

20181202_211443_1.gif Got my Chri'ma lights up. Thinking if I should do more.

Last edited:

Instead of getting up in the middle of the night to adjust the temperature, roll over to your phone on the charger, and change it from the app.

I'm definitely coppin. I'm getting the ring door bell shit too.

How your heating bill tho?

We was thinking about the nest too until the Best Buy sales guy suggested the Ecobee 4. He said the Nest is cool, but said it skyrockets your bill.

How your heating bill tho?

We was thinking about the nest too until the Best Buy sales guy suggested the Ecobee 4. He said the Nest is cool, but said it skyrockets your bill.
I use it just like I use a normal one

In the summer, when I'm away, the air is on 75. When I get home, I drop it to 72, then lower as the night cools. I like it artic in here.

In the winter, I just keep it on 70

My last bill for a full billing cycle was like $80

There is an eco system function that helps conserve energy and the shit actually works. And it gives you a monthly report of your usage via email which I think is pretty dope. The goal is to eventually have it run on a set schedule but it's hard to do here because of the fluctuating temps

@TonyDubbz wasnt that you shitting on the ring doorbell?

Yea bruh but I've pretty much decided that it might not be the door bell. My phone is kinda trash and that shit on its last leg right now.. BUT that doesn't change the fact that the customer service is ass. If you have any issues you better off looking to the internet for a solution bruh them niggas will not answer the phone or return any emails concerning customer service. Shit sad as hell

Also with my phone being as bad off as it is right now the shit still works from the doorbell itself. I be having conversations with my brother from that shit every time I step outside just for the hell of it

Anyone has the Ring security alarm system? If so, the app is is straight entertainment on some Worldstar shit. It's the neighborhood part where you can see all the crazy shit going on people videos recordings. Shit be having me hella paranoid. It's Robbin season in Atlanta from now till tax season. Y'all be safe!

Anyone has the Ring security alarm system? If so, the app is is straight entertainment on some Worldstar shit. It's the neighborhood part where you can see all the crazy shit going on people videos recordings. Shit be having me hella paranoid. It's Robbin season in Atlanta from now till tax season. Y'all be safe!

U got it?

shit...saw this on one of those IG ads

shit claim its on sale for 100

might buy one just for the hell of it lol

I'm about done wrapping up my home theater. The next tech i'm probably gonna cop is the nest thermo.

Back