Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW - Hip Hip AOTY Nomination thread

This dude done lost it

Man Josh mane, I'm just saying, to me, Kendrick aint really saying nothing. He cool now, He can listen every now and then. But mane he aint seeing Meek album nor that Ross, the production on both of those albums alone kills DAMN

Ross Mixtape - The Black Market shits all over Kendrick's album DAMN Lol. and J.Cole last 2 albums

Ross Mixtape - Rich Forvever shits all over Kendrick's album DAMN Lol. and J.Cole last 2 albums

Man yall funny

I'll put that Slim Thugga album up against Kendrick's DAMN's album.

Lyrically wise Kendrick may have Slim in that department, with the metaphors and similes that may be witty but as far as production and just all around a good album that roll from front to back, I'm reaching for that Thugga when I'm taking that road trip to ride out to.

Man Josh mane, I'm just saying, to me, Kendrick aint really saying nothing. He cool now, He can listen every now and then. But mane he aint seeing Meek album nor that Ross, the production on both of those albums alone kills DAMN

Ross Mixtape - The Black Market shits all over Kendrick's album DAMN Lol. and J.Cole last 2 albums

Ross Mixtape - Rich Forvever shits all over Kendrick's album DAMN Lol. and J.Cole last 2 albums

Man yall funny
Meek mill and good production shouldn't even be mentioned in the same universe fam. Homie is constantly yelling over beats with no regard for his sound engineer.

Ross has been making the same album for his whole career basically, he's good at what he does but he aint touching damn or 4:44

Meek mill and good production shouldn't even be mentioned in the same universe fam. Homie is constantly yelling over beats with no regard for his sound engineer.

Ross has been making the same album for his whole career basically, he's good at what he does but he aint touching damn or 4:44

I respect your opinion

Ross mixtape The Black Dollar (I said Black Market) is better than 4:44 album

Meek Mill on his last album just gave you str8 flow, no yelling, he just rap and his album was better than Kendrick's album.

You gotta get away from the noise and outside views of both and strip down the music, and Ross Mixtapes, his last 2 is shitting all over DAMN and 4:44.

Meek last album, he came wit it

Like I say, Kendrick's cool, but that dude aint seeing Ross, nor is he seeing Wayne or TIP. J.Cole aint seeing them dudes. Lol. You gotta be 100 and just dissect these dudes

What is Kendrick even talking about?

This song right here, is just taking you somewhere, So many gems, bar for bar, Ross aint taking off with NO BAR. Every BAR has a meaning or something you can chew off of.

These dudes take bars off and then may say something that may stick at the end of the verse or middle of the verse. Ross bars, EACH bar has something you can chew on. I aint gotta wait to the middle for the verse to be worth something.

Ross coming out the gate with the 1st bar, on the hook letting you know the gems coming.

That's how I distinguish these dudes.

Outta a 16, a Kendrick 16 or 32, you may catch something witty or cold 7-9 bars outta the 16, if it's a 32, I'll give dude 11-13 good bars of quality, meaning, I can pull something from those bars.

Ross come wit it on each bar. Every bar spitting has something you can chew on

I respect your opinion

Ross mixtape The Black Dollar (I said Black Market) is better than 4:44 album

Meek Mill on his last album just gave you str8 flow, no yelling, he just rap and his album was better than Kendrick's album.

You gotta get away from the noise and outside views of both and strip down the music, and Ross Mixtapes, his last 2 is shitting all over DAMN and 4:44.

Meek last album, he came wit it

Like I say, Kendrick's cool, but that dude aint seeing Ross, nor is he seeing Wayne or TIP. J.Cole aint seeing them dudes. Lol. You gotta be 100 and just dissect these dudes

What is Kendrick even talking about?
TBD is the great value version of 4:44, wayne vs kenny is debatable, ross and tip thought? lol Hell nah.

These dudes be skating through verses with their bars (what I mean)

With a 16 or a 32, Kendrick and J.Cole aint hitting you with something to chew on, on every single bar that they spit within the 16 or 32 of that verse (Prime Wayne did it) that's why he shot up so fast as the best rapper alive, Peep the mixtapes, and Dedication, Every BAR had something you can chew on or take away from. He didn't take a bar off, Like they say in the NBA, He didn't take a play off.

J.Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean and the rest, take plays off. Every bar that they are spitting isn't making you be on some dayum, Most of their raps if we talking a 16, maybe 5-8 bars outta that 16 will stick. Instead of the whole 16 sticking and being on some dayum, that nigga was spitting, I aint got that from them.

That's why I brought up the song "Bih don't Kill my Vibe Song" Kenny took some plays off in other words, Every Bar isn't a homerun.

With Jay, Prime Wayne, Ross, Prime T.I., Andre 3000, Every bar is a home-run meaning you gotta pay close attention, these niggas aint taking no plays off, They trying to put effort in every bar.

These dudes be skating through their 16 or 32 and then they may hit you with something that sticks, and most of the time, them 4-6 bars be the only thing tight in the whole 16 or 32 that they spit.

That's why I say them dudes aint talking about nothing or not ready IMO

Like with Jay-Z, he's still hitting you with something on each bar. He drop a 16 or 32, you will chew on each bar, He aint skating through and he aint giving you a good 4-8 bars outta the 16 he's spitting. Every bar is something that making you be like dayum, ok, then the next one bar after that, got you on, well dayum that's sick, and so on.

Same with Ross, you can listen to it in the song I just posted, and that's off a mixtape.

These niggas J.Cole and Kendrick and Big Sean be taking plays off mane, that's why for me, they aint seeing Ross with the bars

They aint even seeing Jay, right now.

Biggie, Jay, Nas, Ross now, (Meek still take plays off but he's getting better at making each bar count) Andre 3000, these niggas aint taking no plays off and with Ross, you add his production with that, that's why I say this Dude's albums and mixtapes are better than Kendrick and J.cole.

If you go by that formula and distance yourself from what everybody says in the media and the hype around Kenny and J.cole and Big Sean, then you will see these dudes aint really coming like that, they really take alot of plays off

Niggas out here saying Big Sean is Top 3, Like really, Over Ross and TIP? Like really Top 3 NOW. Smh, Shit is a popularity contest.

These dudes be skating through verses with their bars (what I mean)

With a 16 or a 32, Kendrick and J.Cole aint hitting you with something to chew on, on every single bar that they spit within the 16 or 32 of that verse
tbt.gif

Yall really think niggas will be saying Kenny quotes 20 years from now like they are saying Jay, Nas, Biggie, 2pac, Juvie, etc

Yall really think niggas will be saying J.Cole's quotes 20 years from, Big Sean?

Prime Example - J.Cole Jan 28th song

Tight ass this song is, prolly the best song on the album.

His first 16, 1st verse, 2nd verse, hell the entire song, that dude aint talking bout shit, Nothing he said STUCK

What is this dude talking about Lol, Dude aint making anything stick to one's mind? What is he really talking about. Are those bars really good? Man that Ross song I posted earlier in my post from his mixtape,
Strip the bars down from Ross song, and compare them to the nigga bars who yall say is the best in the game now, shit aint even close Lol

Ross song bars and production shits all over this song AND THIS J.COLE BEST SONG ON THIS ALBUM

I aint quoting this shit from J.Cole 20 years from now and if I walk up to any one of yall and spit the 2nd verse from this shit, I bet you niggas wouldn't pick up on what song it came from Lol

@AP21 use to spit bars from Jay-Z to me on some (he's that nigga) and I'll be like nigga that's from such and such song, or iif I don't know, he'll tell me and it'll come back to my remembrance of that song

Nigga what is you smoking?!

What song by Kenny would you consider he's spitting fire. I know you may say all of them, but pick one and let's break it down bar by bar

Ppl go sit up and say who they like which is cool, but dig deep and strip the bars down and see, how Kenny bars compare to Ross

I just strip down Jan 28th bars, the nigga best song on the album that went platinum, that so call certified him as a TOP 3 rapper in the game, some said TOP Rapper, the nigga everybody say is on Top of the game and compared them to Ross bars from a song off his mixtape and it's no comparison and you aint being real if you're saying J.cole bars were better outta the 2 songs.

Let's dig deep, Just barbershop top,

Shid defend yall hero, I got mines Lol. He got tons of bars, Ross takes no plays off

I'll put that Slim Thugga album up against Kendrick's DAMN's album.

Lyrically wise Kendrick may have Slim in that department, with the metaphors and similes that may be witty but as far as production and just all around a good album that roll from front to back, I'm reaching for that Thugga when I'm taking that road trip to ride out to.

Kendrick dont make riding music tho. He more you gotta sit down and listen.

And I know there are battle rappers etc out here with bars. I aint talking bout them, I'm strictly talking Bars and Production, Style, Content. Solid Albums or mixtape that roll from front to back.

Yea there are battle rappers that have bars, but them niggas don't know how to put together songs, and pick the right production, so let's stray away from that angle.

I'm talking bars from J.Cole, Big Sean, Kenny vs Bars from Ross

Kendrick dont make riding music tho. He more you gotta sit down and listen.

I understand that,

What bars do you have from Kenny that will make you sit down and think?

I just posted a Rick Ross song that will make you get out a pencil and pad and joint down notes plus you can ride to it

No rick ross song is making me dissect anything. He simple with it but it just sound complex. And Kendrick my dude but i dont listen to that many songs off damn.

Ross cant do this tho.

Back