Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News A union representing nearly 150,000 autoworkers has launched a strike against the Big 3 U.S. automakers — General Motors, Ford and Stellantis.

Yes evening the scales sounds very reasonable. Productivity and profits have far outpaced employee pay for years now. It’s getting back what is owed.

But that could also be a negotiation tactic. You don’t always start where you’d wish to end. Maybe their hoping to land at a 40 hours 4 day work week.

I think their main goal is to get a pension.

Simply because they're more likely to get that than anything else.

A 4-day work week with a 40% pay raise is not realistic at all.

Basically, they're negotiating high in hopes that they can get at least a 20% increase.

But again, the pension is what they're angling for.

Let's not forget that the truckers in Canada tried that earlier this year but US unions didn't support them. In fact, is there even a trucker union in the US? If there was and they went on strike that would be Game Over.

Teamsters Union

I mean it's shocking how the American population isn't tired of this bs already. Like the world as a whole is in some hot dookie but for a country that claims to be on top, we have nothing figured out.
it's figured out among everyone underneath the heading of elitist and their lapdog ass kissin', tagalong copycats that no longer believe in doing what's best for the whole of society and go all out for the team that's currently winning, while straddling the fence in case that current team starts showing signs of waning. the American population is obviously tired but they're so groomed to the distractions, ie; racism, the resistance to reparations for black people, me too, karenism, all of that shit and more. historically, it's been a successful usage of spot on bait that continues to hook and distract our asses. imagine the state of mind you'd have to be in to accept payment to kill the person sharing in the very crab barrel you've been protesting together against those elites in.

I think their main goal is to get a pension.

Simply because they're more likely to get that than anything else.

A 4-day work week with a 40% pay raise is not realistic at all.

Basically, they're negotiating high in hopes that they can get at least a 20% increase.

But again, the pension is what they're angling for.
that pension would have to be retroactive for the older people. they'd be starting from scratch. fug dat! get them what they want. nobody wants another white man game.

that pension would have to be retroactive for the older people. they'd be starting from scratch. fug dat! get them what they want. nobody wants another white man game.

Thing is, that is what they want.

Otherwise, it wouldn't have been included in their demands.

The older people shoul have enough in their 401k's to supplement or fund any new pension plan if they choose to do so.

To your point though, I can see how it could be a hustle and they might actually end up losing money in the process if their 401k's are more valuable than the pension.

Was listening to an automotive podcast, and they touched on this. They brought up some shocking stats on worker compensation vs exec/share holder compensation over the years in America, verse other Automakers in other countries. I'mma time stamp it for yall, and might type it out later if im not too lazy.

Was listening to an automotive podcast, and they touched on this. They brought up some shocking stats on worker compensation vs exec/share holder compensation over the years in America, verse other Automakers in other countries. I'mma time stamp it for yall, and might type it out later if im not too lazy.

I first started checking shit like the pay worker vs exec after I had seen the movie The Other Guys and how they was showing graphs at the end of the movie about things like that

I first started checking shit like the pay worker vs exec after I had seen the movie The Other Guys and how they was showing graphs at the end of the movie about things like that
Instead of paying works fairly and reinvesting into the company, they're doing stock buy backs and cashing out. In that video the spoke on how much the head of Toyota makes vs the Head of an american company. Toyota is a larger company, makes more money and dude makes way less than the American CEOs. Its comical.

But getting change is like pulling teeth in this country. I mean look at the other thread with Biden saying he's gunna go after the price gouging in concert tickets. How you even get mad at that unless you hate concerts.

Instead of paying works fairly and reinvesting into the company, they're doing stock buy backs and cashing out. In that video the spoke on how much the head of Toyota makes vs the Head of an american company. Toyota is a larger company, makes more money and dude makes way less than the American CEOs. Its comical.

But getting change is like pulling teeth in this country. I mean look at the other thread with Biden saying he's gunna go after the price gouging in concert tickets. How you even get mad at that unless you hate concerts.
The Biden shit has more to do with he needs to take care of other shit and that energy needs to be put towards something more important

The Biden shit has more to do with he needs to take care of other shit and that energy needs to be put towards something more important
The President isnt a Dictator, for the most part, they put their energy in what they think they can pass. If the American people were so fed up as they claim to be, they would of voted in all the crazy progressives and they'd no excuse about congress or the house blocking shit we want/need. Yet here we are, again

Look at this ho

The United Auto Workers’ historic strike against the Big Three seems to have broken some folks’ brains. The majority of Americans are in favor of the strike, but those with something to lose — CEOs, news outlets, even the richest man in the world — have all shared some less-than-supportive opinions. Now, it seems senators are joining in, with the wildest takes yet.

While out at a campaign stop earlier this week, South Carolina senator Tim Scott laid out a plan for striking workers: “You strike, you’re fired. Simple concept to me.” Scott appears to have forgotten that the right to strike is enshrined in the National Labor Relations Act, so the UAW decided to give him a helpful reminder — in the form of a formal complaint to the National Labor Relations Board.

The UAW hasn’t been directly affected by Scott’s words — he doesn’t have the power to fire auto workers — but the union doesn’t need to have been harmed to put in a complaint. The filing alleges that Scott’s statement could be seen by his own campaign employees as a threat against striking, which could dissuade them from using that federally protected right. The Intercept asked a labor law professor what the likely repercussions from this complain would be, and got this back:

Scott’s comments appear to violate those laws, said Benjamin Sachs, a professor of labor law at Harvard University. “A statement as direct as ‘if you strike your fired’ is textbook unfair labor practice language because workers can’t be fired for striking,” Sachs told The Intercept. “If a reasonable employee could interpret the statement as ‘if I strike, I’m fired,’ then it is without a doubt an unfair labor practice violation.”
The UAW may not have skin in the game directly, but the past year has shown us all how labor action in one industry begets labor action in others. By standing up for the right to strike in one area, the auto workers stand up for it everywhere.

Back