Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Rakim, Rakim is one of the most influential rappers in history.

Without Rakim ion think you get a Nas, Prodigy, Em, Biggie, 50, Pun, Big L, DMX, countless others.

But it’s time for bro to take his throne. Jordan still wear baggy jeans? Chuck still rocking the tank top and Daisy duke cut shorts wit the Fanny pack?

These dudes gotta transition to the next stage

Bruh... Everybody don't fuck with new fashion trends and shit. If that ain't your speed, so be it, but let them dudes rock.

Bruh... Everybody don't fuck with new fashion trends and shit. If that ain't your speed, so be it, but let them dudes rock.
It’s more than the clothes, the clothes are apart of it. The clothes project the mentality, I was thinking the other day. Tupac died in his 20’s, when we listened to Pac we were in our teens and below.

Tupac’s perspective on life was that of a young 20 something year old black man. Of us that are still alive, we have lived beyond 20. For those of us around or near forty, we are damn near twice the age Pac was when he died.

When I hear dudes quoting a way of life of thinking or being that was the perspective of a 20 year old man. I wonder, would you take advice from your 25 year old self about what life is about and what you should do about it?

Ion think enough of us really want to look at things as the way they really are because it would be like metaphorically meeting your hero’s. What much do you think you could gather from a grown man that dresses like how you dressed in highschool?

It’s more than the clothes, the clothes are apart of it. The clothes project the mentality, I was thinking the other day. Tupac died in his 20’s, when we listened to Pac we were in our teens and below.

Tupac’s perspective on life was that of a young 20 something year old black man. Of us that are still alive, we have lived beyond 20. For those of us around or near forty, we are damn near twice the age Pac was when he died.

When I hear dudes quoting a way of life of thinking or being that was the perspective of a 20 year old man. I wonder, would you take advice from your 25 year old self about what life is about and what you should do about it?

Ion think enough of us really want to look at things as the way they really are because it would be like metaphorically meeting your hero’s. What much do you think you could gather from a grown man that dresses like how you dressed in highschool?

Without looking, I can't remember if Pac was a year older or younger than me. Regardless, when he came out on "Same Song" I was a grown ass man.

Pac's perspective on life was that of a man much older than he physically was. A lot of what he said, especially in his older interviews, you can hear what was passed on to him from his elders in it. I grew up in that same era, and my family was deep in the revolution so some of those lessons he was given I and my siblings and cousins were given as well and I always heard that coming through in his interviews.

Also, there's a fuckton of dudes that still haven't learned a fraction of the lessons Pac had been privy to by the time he died, so... yeah... some late 30's/early 40's muhfuckas genuinely need some level of guidance and Pac's music and interviews could be a source of knowledge to a point; there is still the childish shit present.

A person's way of dress has nothing to do with how learned or wise that individual is; but a wise man would already know this.

Without looking, I can't remember if Pac was a year older or younger than me. Regardless, when he came out on "Same Song" I was a grown ass man.

Pac's perspective on life was that of a man much older than he physically was. A lot of what he said, especially in his older interviews, you can hear what was passed on to him from his elders in it. I grew up in that same era, and my family was deep in the revolution so some of those lessons he was given I and my siblings and cousins were given as well and I always heard that coming through in his interviews.

Also, there's a fuckton of dudes that still haven't learned a fraction of the lessons Pac had been privy to by the time he died, so... yeah... some late 30's/early 40's muhfuckas genuinely need some level of guidance and Pac's music and interviews could be a source of knowledge to a point; there is still the childish shit present.

A person's way of dress has nothing to do with how learned or wise that individual is; but a wise man would already know this.
I believe the bolded as a young man, that’s an idealistic way of viewing the world. It’s not true, the way you dress says a fuck ton about how wise you are when it comes to what you are trying to get done.

Does a wise man go to a potential 100k job in street clothes?

Does a wise man marry a preacher’s daughters in black air forces?

Does a wise man walk barefoot through a corporate office seeking a loan?

Does a wise man consider what his clothes say about him for what he’s trying to accomplish?

So what does it say about a man when the clothes he chooses all the time seems to accomplish nothing but be a remembrance of who he was? Does he consider his future? What then can he tell you about yours?

I believe the bolded as a young man, that’s an idealistic way of viewing the world. It’s not true, the way you dress says a fuck ton about how wise you are when it comes to what you are trying to get done.

Does a wise man go to a potential 100k job in street clothes?

Does a wise man marry a preacher’s daughters in black air forces?

Does a wise man walk barefoot through a corporate office seeking a loan?

Does a wise man consider what he clothes say about him for what he’s trying to accomplish?

So what does it say about a man when the clothes he chooses all the time seems to accomplish nothing but be a remembrance of who he was? Does he consider his future? What then can he tell you about yours?

Have you not heard the saying "The clothes don't make the man. You cannot accurately judge a person solely by appearances."??? It seems this is a concept you struggle to wrap your head around.

There exists customary types of outfits one would wear for a given situation. That exists outside of a person's level of wisdom, detached from it.

A SMART man knows to put his best foot forward for a 100k/yr job interview because our societal norms demand it.
A smart man would rather marry the preacher's daughter in decent shoes, but will wear a pair of Black One's if that's all he has to wear.
Societal norms dictates that one wears shoes when entering a corporate office.

None of what you posed has anything to do with how wise a person is.

The clothes have nothing to do with your wisdom. A person dropping gems on you might be in tattered rags and the person dropping utter bullshit might be in an Armani suit. It appears that you would forego listening to the man who doesn't "look" the part and would listen to the one you perceive is wise based on their dress. That, sir, is rather unwise.

Have you not heard the saying "The clothes don't make the man. You cannot accurately judge a person solely by appearances."??? It seems this is a concept you struggle to wrap your head around.

There exists customary types of outfits one would wear for a given situation. That exists outside of a person's level of wisdom, detached from it.

A SMART man knows to put his best foot forward for a 100k/yr job interview because our societal norms demand it.
A smart man would rather marry the preacher's daughter in decent shoes, but will wear a pair of Black One's if that's all he has to wear.
Societal norms dictates that one wears shoes when entering a corporate office.

None of what you posed has anything to do with how wise a person is.

The clothes have nothing to do with your wisdom. A person dropping gems on you might be in tattered rags and the person dropping utter bullshit might be in an Armani suit. It appears that you would forego listening to the man who doesn't "look" the part and would listen to the one you perceive is wise based on their dress. That, sir, is rather unwise.
Cool,..

1686015902041.gif

I think I get what you saying. They should be dressing like Ron Isley or Richard Roundtree. Or at least Kangol hats and button shirts. I brought up rock stars because certain types of entertainers don’t take it off. Steven Tyler be wearing that weird shit to this day. But HOV don’t dress like Rakim.

I remember when I was listening to a podcast one day and learned that Slick Rick was from the UK. Podcaster said I didn’t know slick Rick was from the UK, I thought he was from NY. The other dude was like, why did you think he sounded like that. He said the same shit I always thought. I thought rapping proper was just his style

🤣

I remember when I was listening to a podcast one day and learned that Slick Rick was from the UK. Podcaster said I didn’t know slick Rick was from the UK, I thought he was from NY. The other dude was like, why did you think he sounded like that. He said the same shit I always thought. I thought rapping proper was just his style

🤣

Do you not remember the whole shit about him possibly being deported after he did his bid for the attempted murder conviction???

That was huge news everywhere. Slick Rick was "from" NYC, but born in the UK. IIRC he came here when he was something like 9 or 10 or some shit. He grew up in NYC, his formative years were in the Bronx. I remember the governor of NY granted him a full pardon so he wouldn't be deported, that was in the late 00's.

🤣
Dana Dane

I blame him

It's wild watching how niggaz operate.

Niggaz will claim they don't care what people think about them. Feel as though their thought process is rebel. And swear they have an individual ass charismatic unique personality.... And still be a complete slave to damn near every societal norm....

But you can't tell them that shit.... You just watch... Observe, and be entertained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back