Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be for YOUR spot in particular but im sure there are examples of people busting they ass doing that type of work that aint making nowhere near that. Might be location.. might be the establishment.. but I dont know if I'd paint all service work with the same brush. Granted you are alot more familiar than I.

i'm jussayin.. who is it hurting by giving them a proper minimum wage like any other job instead of having to rely on tips. *shrugs*

And why is that? Its a job that takes a certain level of skill to do. If someone is working full time ANYWHERE.. they should be able to live off of that job

I dont have a particular number in mind though. Like we've said cost of living is different depending on the area. It damn sure shouldnt be $2-3/hr though.

dont prisoners on average make like .50/hr if that? shit is nuts
They were supposed to be a stepping stone jobs. Live off that job in what way though? If you say to live well there are people living in 3rd world countries

Don't remember what prisoners make. Had family in prison but don't remember. They get a roof over their head and food though

They were supposed to be a stepping stone jobs. Live off that job in what way though? If you say to live well there are people living in 3rd world countries

Don't remember what prisoners make. Had family in prison but don't remember. They get a roof over their head and food though

supposed to be? says who? You go into any of them establishments right now the manager or supervisor aint no teenager working there for summer money. You can find grown ass adults in each and every one of them roles in fast food. And if they are supposed to be stepping stone jobs.. one has to wonder why there are so many adults working them..

which circles back to the main issue. People working multiple full time AND part time jobs and still struggling cuz companies too fuckin cheap to pay

I just think the service industry is a great place. If you have a strong skill set you can essentially go anywhere and make good money right off the break. Should the starting wages be higher across the board or at least minimum wage? Yes.

For the record all the positions here pay above minimum wage. Which is why we pool our tips and pay them off the hours you worked that day. I wouldn't say it's ideal cuz I've seen instances of it working against people .. but as I mentioned before no one here is hurting for money... And the amount they make in tips is way more than I would have guessed before I worked in the office.

I shouldn't be surprised though, cuz there were paying me more for unarmed security than I've seen some people get paid for armed.

3 of our bartenders been here 10+ years, cuz they're making very good money. And our servers eat crazy. If you saw the dining room, maybe it would make more sense. We try to make sure we attract people who really wanna work hard and make good money

supposed to be? says who? You go into any of them establishments right now the manager or supervisor aint no teenager working there for summer money. You can find grown ass adults in each and every one of them roles in fast food. And if they are supposed to be stepping stone jobs.. one has to wonder why there are so many adults working them..

which circles back to the main issue. People working multiple full time AND part time jobs and still struggling cuz companies too fuckin cheap to pay
I'm confused because you went to management positions now. Also I disagree. I've seen high schoolers in fast food places all of the time

Vareity of reasons. Benefits for a career that doesn't require much seems to be a popular one I've heard

That might be for YOUR spot in particular but im sure there are examples of people busting they ass doing that type of work that aint making nowhere near that. Might be location.. might be the establishment.. but I dont know if I'd paint all service work with the same brush. Granted you are alot more familiar than I.

i'm jussayin.. who is it hurting by giving them a proper minimum wage like any other job instead of having to rely on tips. *shrugs*

And why is that? Its a job that takes a certain level of skill to do. If someone is working full time ANYWHERE.. they should be able to live off of that job

I dont have a particular number in mind though. Like we've said cost of living is different depending on the area. It damn sure shouldnt be $2-3/hr though.

dont prisoners on average make like .50/hr if that? shit is nuts

save it bruh, I made this EXACT same point a while back and they wasn't trying to hear it.

I'm confused because you went to management positions now. Also I disagree. I've seen high schoolers in fast food places all of the time

Vareity of reasons. Benefits for a career that doesn't require much seems to be a popular one I've heard

let you tell it, it's a stepping stone job tho.. stepping to what exactly?

The most unfair, but also fair thing is how attractive you are.

Attractive people make more money. And they know it.

Guys and girls. If you look good... People pay you just bcuz

It was a table of 8 chicks last week.... We were all laughing cuz we KNEW our server was about to eat. Them chicks gave homie over 50% and he was working the dining room solo

Most of the time I hear opening their own restaurant but it's something to get them by while getting ready for what they plan to do for a career

Du just said three of their bartenders been there 10+ years!

for some people fast food and/or hospitality IS their career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back