Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause kingshark was corny but he didn't do anything that broke any rules that I saw
Agreed... that said I had him on ignore. You don't have to break rules to ruin people's posting experience. It was cool when it was just in the funny memes thread but once he ventured outside it became a task to just scroll by. Nigga annoying unprovoked.

That's better. The only downside is that you can't withhold the tip if you get shitty service. You can still complain to the manger though, and typically you'll get comped a little bit anyway if shit really was unreasonable.
This is facts but at least they let us know as soon as we were seated

I think tipping keeps people honest.

And it's a good exchange of services. When I see my servers going the extra mile for their parties and get a nice tip, it's an overall good feeling.

And when they're slacking off.... The tip normally reflects it, and they get pulled up by their co-workers cuz it effects everybody.

It's a self checking system. The stronger servers and bartenders make really really really good money. And they definitely work for it. And the slackers normally get shit and don't stick around long

And it's a good exchange of services. When I see my servers going the extra mile for their parties and get a nice tip, it's an overall good feeling.

And when they're slacking off.... The tip normally reflects it, and they get pulled up by their co-workers cuz it effects everybody.

It's a self checking system. The stronger servers and bartenders make really really really good money. And they definitely work for it. And the slackers normally get shit and don't stick around long

I feel like they should be able to make a living wage that isnt at the discretion of someone who might not tip them well.

Pay a living wage.. if the server goes above and beyond people can still tip.
If the server is shit.. they aint gonna be a server very long anyway

This cool or whatever but there's no reason they shouldn't be making minimum wage off rip

All this tipping shit could apply to every other job in America

This cool or whatever but there's no reason they shouldn't be making minimum wage off rip

All this tipping shit could apply to every other job in America

Exactly. I get what @Duwop is saying, but at the end of the day, the tipping based system is only meant to benefit the restaurant owners not the servers or the customers. Some of those owners even steal tips.

It's no different than sales jobs that only pay off of commission. Many of those jobs have no base pay. If you don't sell, you don't get paid.

Not to mention they often walk away with their tips that same night or the next day at the latest.

And any place of strong reputation will still pay a decent wage to their employees. Nobody is going to pay a bartender 2000+ a week. Everybody be bartenders. No restaurant is going to pay 1,000+ a week.

But I can 100% tell you both those positions can pull down that much off of tips. And those are the long term skilled people in those positions

It's no different than sales jobs that only pay off of commission. Many of those jobs have no base pay. If you don't sell, you don't get paid.

Not to mention they often walk away with their tips that same night or the next day at the latest.

And any place of strong reputation will still pay a decent wage to their employees. Nobody is going to pay a bartender 2000+ a week. Everybody be bartenders. No restaurant is going to pay 1,000+ a week.

But I can 100% tell you both those positions can pull down that much off of tips. And those are the long term skilled people in those positions
:foh3:

I forget you a manager in this industry and so gotta put up a great corporate front

They should make minimum wage! If they making bread for the restaurant they should be paid by the restaurant.. if a customer wants to give extra for great service thats on them.

Restaurants been getting away with this bullshit for too long. They should just charge extra off top to pay the workers instead of having them rely on tips for a living

I feel like they should be able to make a living wage that isnt at the discretion of someone who might not tip them well.

Pay a living wage.. if the server goes above and beyond people can still tip.
If the server is shit.. they aint gonna be a server very long anyway
What is a living wage to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back