Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should make minimum wage! If they making bread for the restaurant they should be paid by the restaurant.. if a customer wants to give extra for great service thats on them.

Restaurants been getting away with this bullshit for too long. They should just charge extra off top to pay the workers instead of having them rely on tips for a living
It's really not that bad. Many restaurants pay a very reasonable and decent wage. And many people in the service industry are making very good money. Restructuring the entire system when it works very well for many is an overreaction to something that really isn't a problem. As with anything, if the job ain't for you, it ain't for you. I hand out tips daily... These people ain't hurting at all.

A wage muthafuckas can live off of and not be on some check to check shit if they work there full time

:niggawhat:
Like 90% of the country work check to check. And they still gotta wait 2 weeks to get paid

It's really not that bad. Many restaurants pay a very reasonable and decent wage. And many people in the service industry are making very good money. Restructuring the entire system when it works very well for many is an overreaction to something that really isn't a problem. As with anything, if the job ain't for you, it ain't for you. I hand out tips daily... These people ain't hurting at all.

but why is it only applied to the hospitality industry. Like Chi said the same premise could be applied to ANY job.. but it aint.. cuz people wouldnt go for it

but why is it only applied to the hospitality industry. Like Chi said the same premise could be applied to ANY job.. but it aint.. cuz people wouldnt go for it
Again..... Who is being victimized? We only report 4% of their tips to the IRS. I do the math on the tips. Based on hours worked, it's sometimes $20-40 for every hour worked

So if you, a server.... Work a dining room for 5 hours and the tip pool hits $25 an hour for that night.... That's $125 you walking away with that night.... You don't have to report for 5 hours of work. And you still got your direct deposit check coming on schedule....

lol I was just tryna preempt the pivot to.. well $15 in this state is dont stretch the same in THIS state convo
Are you sticking to $15/hr? I agree $15 is very low but also people weren't expected to live off working at fast food. I also agree that cost of living in each area is different

Do you have an annual salary where you believe everyone should be paid minimum?

Again..... Who is being victimized? We only report 4% of their tips to the IRS. I do the math on the tips. Based on hours worked, it's sometimes $20-40 for every hour worked

So if you, a server.... Work a dining room for 5 hours and the tip pool hits $25 an hour for that night.... That's $125 you walking away with that night.... You don't have to report for 5 hours of work. And you still got your direct deposit check coming on schedule....
And when it hits $3 an hour?

Just take that $15?eHey you still got $46 coming in thru direct deposit so cool huh

I get you like under the table money but not like this

That might be for YOUR spot in particular but im sure there are examples of people busting they ass doing that type of work that aint making nowhere near that. Might be location.. might be the establishment.. but I dont know if I'd paint all service work with the same brush. Granted you are alot more familiar than I.

i'm jussayin.. who is it hurting by giving them a proper minimum wage like any other job instead of having to rely on tips. *shrugs*

Are you sticking to $15/hr? I agree $15 is very low but also people weren't expected to live off working at fast food. I also agree that cost of living in each area is different

Do you have an annual salary where you believe everyone should be paid minimum?

And why is that? Its a job that takes a certain level of skill to do. If someone is working full time ANYWHERE.. they should be able to live off of that job

I dont have a particular number in mind though. Like we've said cost of living is different depending on the area. It damn sure shouldnt be $2-3/hr though.

dont prisoners on average make like .50/hr if that? shit is nuts

And when it hits $3 an hour?

Just take that $15?eHey you still got $46 coming in thru direct deposit so cool huh

I get you like under the table money but not like this
That's not a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back