Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

homero-risa.gif

Midwood smokehouse, The lizards thicket, Maurice’s BBQ. If you go to the lizards thicket, go to the one near the McDonald’s that’s right off the interstate.

6988D8E5-8F49-4185-8274-EC0E94DD76CB.gif

Bro…Maurice’s used to give out KKK pamphlets at tha restaurants…not back in tha day either, like at home video game era and shit…and still flew a confederate flag outside his restaurants up until a couple years ago…don’t support that place

View attachment 1062178

Bro…Maurice’s used to give out KKK pamphlets at tha restaurants…not back in tha day either, like at home video game era and shit…and still flew a confederate flag outside his restaurants up until a couple years ago…don’t support that place

Facts. Dude was super racist back in the Jim Crow era. I'm talking like "sitting outside the restaurant with a shotgun daring black people to come near" type racist. Then shit changed. Black people were welcomed all of a sudden. When I was coming up, on any given day, you'd go in there and damn near all the people eating or working were black. People thought dude had changed, but I think the reality is some other people just took over the business for him.

If I remember correctly, the flag went back up when they had the big fight about taking it down from the state house. Black people did boycott for a while. I know none of my family has eaten there in years. The food was decent, but BBQ joints are a dime a dozen down south. You can find others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back