Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best episodes on the show.
In the end, no one is safe. The only great thing about it is, those that the top catch it first. Those at the bottom looking up already knew it was coming, they get to enjoy their last moments better than anyone else.

Damn, it's actually been a while since I watched the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits. When I had cable I used to watch those marathons annually.

Damn, it's actually been a while since I watched the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits. When I had cable I used to watch those marathons annually.
The same. I just watched a WatchMojo on the top 10 best episodes of the Twilight Zone and they picked To Serve Man as #1.

Shows like those and black mirror, the daily show, Rick and Morty, the star treks, shows that display the hubris of humanity as flaws to stare clear from. Or guiding lights to learn from.

There’s this video of a scientist in a room that’s the size of a small gymnasium. And in the entire room are machines that make up one computer. And dude says in the future all of this, this whole room will be the size of something small.

And it will be so routine that my grandkids grandkids generation will take it for granted the way we take for granted the house phone.

Predicted that to a tee. Point is, some people are visionaries. Some of them become scientists, and some make films, shows, write books, do podcast. The really talented ones do such a great job at getting you to absorb things that they don’t even seem capable.

So fantastical that it can be nothing but entertainment

Shows like those and black mirror, the daily show, Rick and Morty, the star treks, shows that display the hubris of humanity as flaws to stare clear from. Or guiding lights to learn from.

There’s this video of a scientist in a room that’s the size of a small gymnasium. And in the entire room are machines that make up one computer. And dude says in the future all of this, this whole room will be the size of something small.

And it will be so routine that my grandkids grandkids generation will take it for granted the way we take for granted the house phone.

Predicted that to a tee. Point is, some people are visionaries. Some of them become scientists, and some make films, shows, write books, do podcast. The really talented ones do such a great job at getting you to absorb things that they don’t even seem capable.

So fantastical that it can be nothing but entertainment
Think about it. If you were to go back and watch some of the episodes, like you said they mirror what is going on today.

The same. I just watched a WatchMojo on the top 10 best episodes of the Twilight Zone and they picked To Serve Man as #1.

Man ranking them would be hard. There are so many that a simple that no one really talks about that I like. Like the one where the criminal died and went to the afterlife and got everything he ever wanted without having to try. Then he got bored and told the angel he didn't want to be in Heaven anymore. He wanted to go to Hell because life in Heaven had become like torture, and the angel revealed he wasn't actually in Heaven, he was in Hell.

Think about it. If you were to go back and watch some of the episodes, like you said they mirror what is going on today.
Humanity as a whole is extremely predictable because the amount of us that are conscious, self aware, and altruistic is so small, compared to the amount of us that act unconsciously. Enough life experience leads to depression until you realize how little power you’ve had or have in changing things. And that helps you live out your last years and die more peacefully. No bigger smile on anyone’s face than a kind spirited old person.

Man ranking them would be hard. There are so many that a simple that no one really talks about that I like. Like the one where the criminal died and went to the afterlife and got everything he ever wanted without having to try. Then he got bored and told the angel he didn't want to be in Heaven anymore. He wanted to go to Hell because life in Heaven had become like torture, and the angel revealed he wasn't actually in Heaven, he was in Hell.
Here’s the list that I watched.

Always thought woke meant to be politically correct. Simply to be very inclusive and not offend everyone. Figures I didn't know what it meant. Oh well

No woke was created by Black people to show we are aware of the government bullshit l. They use it as a slur today because white people think bringing up their racism or colonialism

The word woke has been taken over by white liberals to fit their agenda and white conservatives hate and twisted it further

The word woke has been taken over by white liberals to fit their agenda and white conservatives hate and twisted it further
Ah yes, I kinda skipped over the fact that liberals took woke 1st and made it about everything they stand for, which then made conservatives make it about everything they're against

Literally never hear white liberals lean on woke. Diversity and inclusion yes woke not so much

Ive always hated the word i have an aversion to buzzwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back