Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be that guy.......after having this joint in rotation last few days. At my first listen 10yrs ago when this dropped I remember people saying 3k murdered TI on his own shit me included. I think we jumped the gun because hearing a 3k feature was so rare that people just did the most gave it higher praise even tho his verse was flames). After review TI outshined my dawg 3k, buddy was spittin

Ironically, Ron DeSantis and his people actually gave the best definition of what "woke" originally meant:

The awareness of the existence of systemic injustices in America and the need to address them.

Given that definition, it's crazy that DeSantis is still waging a war against wokeness, but his people say it's because he doesn't believe there are any injustices in the American system.

Always thought woke meant to be politically correct. Simply to be very inclusive and not offend everyone. Figures I didn't know what it meant. Oh well
Ive seen people say you're white so I'll break it down in good faith...

Woke is simply slang for conscious and it used to mean the same exact thing. It meant aware. Aware of racism, bascially. It was a pure word. It was an exclusively black word with exclusively black meaning. Anybody you ever heard say woke before maybe 2018 was talking about one thing only: resisting white supremacy. You even had terms like "fake woke" to contrast. The word got really popularized during the blm movement (with help from childish gambinos song Stay Woke from the get out soundtrack)

Since Blm, white supremacists got wise to the word, hijacked it and redefined woke to mean anything they don't like or disagree with, which includes all white liberal issues, lgbt, Ukraine sympathy etc

They have bastardized the word woke to the point people like you think it means politically correct or whatever

Mission accomplished.

Ironically, Ron DeSantis and his people actually gave the best definition of what "woke" originally meant:

The awareness of the existence of systemic injustices in America and the need to address them.

Given that definition, it's crazy that DeSantis is still waging a war against wokeness, but his people say it's because he doesn't believe there are any injustices in the American system.
Deklantis really said that?

They know what they're doing

After reading the comments, you see people are even more clueless than she is..
And all it means is that shit is more than what’s advertised, and I am aware of that or it.

That’s all it means, and originated within our community, we all know what it means, and we don’t or didn’t twist it to have other meanings because we are creative enough to just come up with a term for something when it means something different.

What was woke once it becomes extreme is hotep and that’s just how we move.

But liberals as always co-op terms from our community brought to them from assimilated black people who use our culture as currency because our culture is what connects all of us. And the people they sale it to want to connect to us to use us for their own purposes.

So they take our culture, and wrap it into an all encompassing message, that makes up their constituents. They can’t just connect to us and us alone. They have to wrap us in with immigration, and gay rights, and women’s right, and all of the rights that conservatives don’t want to extend the privilege of having rights too.

They wrap us in with that and push it into America. And conservatives who just love to be afraid of everything that isn’t them. See this thing that’s tied to blacks and immigrants, and gays, and trans, and women, and they then use that term. Not even knowing what the origin of it is because they are so far removed from our community. And they just hate and deny it.

Meanwhile all of us in our community who didn’t sell our culture as currency are just like. Why are these white people saying woke?

And why are they using it to describe shit that has nothing to do with being woke.

Which is why I love that clip cause finally someone black in the media said that shit.

Ive seen people say you're white so I'll break it down in good faith...

Woke is simply slang for conscious and it used to mean the same exact thing. It meant aware. Aware of racism, bascially. It was a pure word. It was an exclusively black word with exclusively black meaning. Anybody you ever heard say woke before maybe 2018 was talking about one thing only: resisting white supremacy. You even had terms like "fake woke" to contrast. The word got really popularized during the blm movement (with help from childish gambinos song Stay Woke from the get out soundtrack)

Since Blm, white supremacists got wise to the word, hijacked it and redefined woke to mean anything they don't like or disagree with, which includes all white liberal issues, lgbt, Ukraine sympathy etc

They have bastardized the word woke to the point people like you think it means politically correct or whatever

Mission accomplished.
Interesting

And all it means is that shit is more than what’s advertised, and I am aware of that or it.

That’s all it means, and originated within our community, we all know what it means, and we don’t or didn’t twist it to have other meanings because we are creative enough to just come up with a term for something when it means something different.

What was woke once it becomes extreme is hotep and that’s just how we move.

But liberals as always co-op terms from our community brought to them from assimilated black people who use our culture as currency because our culture is what connects all of us. And the people they sale it to want to connect to us to use us for their own purposes.

So they take our culture, and wrap it into an all encompassing message, that makes up their constituents. They can’t just connect to us and us alone. They have to wrap us in with immigration, and gay rights, and women’s right, and all of the rights that conservatives don’t want to extend the privilege of having rights too.

They wrap us in with that and push it into America. And conservatives who just love to be afraid of everything that isn’t them. See this thing that’s tied to blacks and immigrants, and gays, and trans, and women, and they then use that term. Not even knowing what the origin of it is because they are so far removed from our community. And they just hate and deny it.

Meanwhile all of us in our community who didn’t sell our culture as currency are just like. Why are these white people saying woke?

And why are they using it to describe shit that has nothing to do with being woke.

Which is why I love that clip cause finally someone black in the media said that shit.
Great minds n shit

Deklantis really said that?

They know what they're doing
Absolutely, cause the liberals that use it, only use it to empower their friends or colleagues, and it’s how they filtrate their political party. They only care about holding power on a federal level to pay off the people that help them afford to live upscale lives and have the power to get shit done on a state level. So when they walk around their state they get treated like kings and queens.

Conservatives on the other hand, use their voting base to enhance government power under the guise of its only gonna affect “them” . Then when their base who loves nothing more than affecting “them”. Gives them the power to affect “them” . They do shit that’s gonna effect them, too. And you get shit like the train derailment.

Cause it’s cool when shit like that happens in those peoples communities. But how can america allow this to happen in my community. Well buddy, that’s what you voted for. But instead of them coming to this realization. Conservatives republicans blame whatever democrats are in power.

Cause if there’s one thing conservatives love to hate more than “thems” is to hate some white liberals. Cause white liberals are the reason those “themS” have the audacity to think they are equal to them.

I’m trying to wrap my mind around this shit …. Banks fight for deregulation …. Takes stupid risks and ruin the bank…. Then go back to the govt and say if y’all don’t help us fix our mess then the entire financial industry will collapse

How do these ppl never end up in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back