Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would argue that individualism at its current stage is more detrimental.

the current state of it has made folks more dependent on others

which is crazy
How has individualism caused more people to be dependent on others when that is the complete opposite of what individualism is?

Being passive, not speaking your mind, copying others because you scared to be original, not doing what you really want to do stagnates growth. Also keeps the wicked in power.

There needs to be a balance for both.

How has individualism caused more people to be dependent on others when that is the complete opposite of what individualism is?

Being passive, not speaking your mind, copying others because you scared to be original, not doing what you really want to do stagnates growth. Also keeps the wicked in power.

The way I see it, it creates the need for constant validation from everyone around you. You seek it out and force it instead of it coming organically from the community.

"I've done XYZ thing, praise me!!!"

And there's an awful lot of that going on, no matter how menial the "accomplishment" is.

The bold

Everybody trying to be something that has no Real world applications on life.

so the person is so wrapped in themselves and what they are doing and it’s turning them into folks that’s dependent on others for everything It’s pretty easy to see once you actually look into it.

Also, it’s also a narcissistic mindset in someway

If I could I would do a study on how individualism affects mental health.

Because I know it’s do.

A lot of that is just online tho. People are seeking to be validated online because they think it has value.
Let’s deal with the real world.

That's also part of the issue: A lot of folks, particularly Millennials and GenZ blur the line between online and offline reality. When that validation doesn't come in the real world, they don't know how to handle it and go harder in online spaces to get the validation they believe they lack in the real world. Except the real world community has more grounded expectation in folks: Just 'cause you paid for an LLC and some business cards doesn't make you an entrepeneur, it just means you can fill out some paperwork and spend a few dollars and that's it, nice first step but come back when you have something of substance to celebrate whereas the online world posting a pic of your llc paperwork and business cards would generate likes and give you the validation you seek.

Never understood why online dating had a "shame" like stigma years ago.

Like when a couple gets asked how they met and they say "We met online"...some of the reactions be like

:df4:
...online??

Because of the people who didn't just meet online but also had whole relationships online without ever meeting. That was a recipe for disaster and seemed desperate back then before online/app dating really became a big thing.

The bold

Everybody trying to be something that has no Real world applications on life.

so the person is so wrapped in themselves and what they are doing and it’s turning them into folks that’s dependent on others for everything It’s pretty easy to see once you actually look into it.

Also, it’s also a narcissistic mindset in someway
Everything you do doesnt have to be something that changes the world.

Individualism is not always tied to selfishness. It can be someone trying to escape a population of people that are headed in the wrong direction. Since everyone else is just following the leader, they dont see any harm in what they are doing.

Again, one cant exist without the other. Balance is needed. The wicked depend on weak minded individuals to prosper. Group thought can get shit done faster.

Everything you do doesnt have to be something that changes the world.

Individualism is not always tied to selfishness. It can be someone trying to escape a population of people that are headed in the wrong direction. Since everyone else is just following the leader, they dont see any harm in what they are doing.

Again, one cant exist without the other. Balance is needed. The wicked depend on weak minded individuals to prosper. Group thought can get shit done faster.
My point is, ain’t no balance

The way I see it, it creates the need for constant validation from everyone around you. You seek it out and force it instead of it coming organically from the community.

"I've done XYZ thing, praise me!!!"

And there's an awful lot of that going on, no matter how menial the "accomplishment" is.
Since a lot of people dont think for themselves, you get a lot of false info that passes off as fact. Many dont research and say "that might not be right".

Balance is needed as I mentioned before. You can be with a group but have your own thoughts. But there are many that just go with the flow regardless if it has a positive or negative impact.

Since a lot of people dont think for themselves, you get a lot of false info that passes off as fact. Many dont research and say "that might not be right".

Balance is needed as I mentioned before. You can be with a group but have your own thoughts. But there are many that just go with the flow regardless if it has a positive or negative impact.

Also. I’m not sure why you keep bringing up the go with the flow crowd.

It’s a huge difference from individualism at this point and folks who blindly follow others

My whole point is individualism versus Community

Also. I’m not sure why you keep bringing up the go with the flow crowd.

It’s a huge difference from individualism at this point and folks who blindly follow others

My whole point is individualism versus Community
Your point wasnt clear. You didnt mention balance. You pretty much were just saying how individualism is bad.

I brought up the "go with the flow crowd" because that is sometimes part of group/community though. Cant just provide the pros without the cons

I was at a bar with a homeboy. This chick at the bar had a top that was open in the middle. I swear she had to tuck her titty in like every 5 mins. Why do women wear shit like that? I know it has to be annoying to constantly have to correct yourself. Shit was annoying me after a while.

She probably thinks the same about niggas that got their pants sagging and ass out. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back