Welcome To aBlackWeb

A $250,000 per seat Titanic tourist submarine has imploded

If it lost contact that quick, isn't it likely they had a hull failure? Those people are probably already dead and have been for a day or two.

And hour and half in they lost contact..idk how deep it is by that point but I’d assume their sub, even if in parts, would’ve surfaced..as supposedly it takes 8 hours to make that full decent to 12,000 feet

And hour and half in they lost contact..idk how deep it is by that point but I’d assume their sub, even if in parts, would’ve surfaced..as supposedly it takes 8 hours to make that full decent to 12,000 feet
Correct

When the Titanic sank, alot of the furniture/tables and other things floated to the top that very night

some even surfaced so fast that they killed a few of the survivors in the water on impact

If we assume a constant dive speed, that's ~1,500 ft per hour. After about an hour and a half, that's 2250 ft so the pressure acting on it is 68 times that of normal atmospheric pressure. Water is rushing in, it's not coming back up.

Edit: People on Twitter said it was actually at 10,000 ft when it lost contact. A hull breach at 10,000 ft is not survivable. Just the pressure change would probably cook them alive from the increase in temperature due to adiabatic compression.

My math might be off so take this with a grain of salt but if we assume a normal pressure of like 1 bar and assume the temperature inside the submersible is 70 Fahrenheit (294 K) and we know that the pressure at 10,000 ft is 305.96 bar we can try to find what the temperature would be during this process. (T2/T1)=(P2/P1)^((gamma-1)/(gamma)) with gamma being 1.4, I think, for air.

T1=294 K, P1=1 Bar, P2=305.96 bar. Solving for T2 gives 1508.47 K, or 2255.576 Fahrenheit.

Correct

When the Titanic sank, alot of the furniture/tables and other things floated to the top that very night

some even surfaced so fast that they killed a few of the survivors in the water on impact

This isn't the Titanic though, it's a submersible. There is no furniture and stuff to float back up. Additionally, this submersible is basically a pressure chamber so a hull breach is way more violent than a hole in a surface vessel letting on water.

Last edited:
If we assume a constant dive speed, that's ~1,500 ft per hour. After about an hour and a half, that's 2250 ft so the pressure acting on it is 68 times that of normal atmospheric pressure. Water is rushing in, it's not coming back up.

This isn't the Titanic though, it's a submersible. There is no furniture and stuff to float back up. Additionally, this submersible is basically a pressure chamber so a hull breach is way more violent than a hole in a surface vessel letting on water.
didnt think about that

I stand corrected

Edit: People on Twitter said it was actually at 10,000 ft when it lost contact. A hull breach at 10,000 ft is not survivable. Just the pressure change would probably cook them alive from the increase in temperature due to adiabatic compression.

My math might be off so take this with a grain of salt but if we assume a normal pressure of like 1 bar and assume the temperature inside the submersible is 70 Fahrenheit (294 K) and we know that the pressure at 10,000 ft is 305.96 bar we can try to find what the temperature would be during this process. (T2/T1)=(P2/P1)^((gamma-1)/(gamma)) with gamma being 1.4, I think, for air.

T1=294 K, P1=1 Bar, T2=305.96 bar. Solving for T2 gives T1=1508.47 K, or 2255.576 Fahrenheit.

You really went a beautiful mind on us

tumblr_5256acf42befe8cc7dc465cda23ba416_6f4c53f9_540.gif

There's more shit in the ocean that we don't know about vs shit on this planet we do.

A very small percentage of the ocean has been charted.

Like as wild as an underwater city with Intelligent water dwelling inhabitants sounds, there's absolutely nothing to disprove it cuz we really would have no way of knowing for sure.

Back