Welcome To aBlackWeb

A $250,000 per seat Titanic tourist submarine has imploded

Swiffness!

WU-TANG

Officials are in a race against time to find a civilian submersible that had five people aboard after it went missing Sunday in the North Atlantic while voyaging to the wreckage of the Titanic.

The 21-foot vessel has four days of emergency capability, the leader of search and rescue efforts said Monday afternoon, as crews with the US and Canadian coast guards continued scouring the ocean’s surface about 900 miles east of Cape Cod and used sonar to listen for sounds far below the water, which is up to 13,000 feet deep in the area.

The Canadian research ship Polar Prince on Sunday notified the military branch it had lost contact with the underwater vessel, according to Coast Guard spokesperson Lt. Samantha Corcoran. In a tweet, the Coast Guard said the communication stopped approximately 1 hour, 45 minutes into the vessel’s dive.

Time is a factor, officials said. “In terms of the hours, we understood that that was 96 hours of rescue or emergency capability from the operator,” Mauger told reporters. “And so we anticipate that there’s somewhere between 70 to the full 96 hours available at this point.”

A British businessman based in the United Arab Emirates, Hamish Harding, is one of the people on the submersible, according to a social media post by the company he owns, Action Aviation.

“The sub had a successful launch and Hamish is currently diving,” the company said in an Instagram post on Sunday.

OceanGate Expeditions operates a trip taking passengers to the Titanic’s wreckage at the bottom of the ocean for prices starting at $250,000, according to an archived version of its website, accessible via the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine.

“Follow in Jacques Cousteau’s footsteps and become an underwater explorer — beginning with a dive to the wreck of the RMS Titanic. This is your chance to step outside of everyday life and discover something truly extraordinary,” the website said. “Become one of the few to see the Titanic with your own eyes.”

1687223069321.png

White people shit

Or will y’all come and say “this is normal black folk’s activities too”
I actually wanted to do it……not the titanic thing but I always wanted to be in a submersible cuz the sea and what’s in and under it has always intrigued me as much as space.

Now, I haven’t done it and probably won’t for this exact reason along with claustrophobia, control issues and panic attacks.

the story of the Titanic is more fucked up than alot of people know

I wonder if they every get the pursers chest to the surface

Shit is crazy

Heard they have like less than 96 hours of air in that thing
2c05b4b2-83bc-4a95-b16f-7c135776d8d3_text.gif

Shit is crazy

Heard they have like less than 96 hours of air in that thing

It started w 96 hours of oxygen, it’s now calculated that they have maybe 45-50 hours left.

I would think that if they’re trapped, or even at the surface floating somewhere, they might have less? If panic has set in that’s going to increase oxygen intake.

Crazy to think there’s no gps on that sub…but what do you expect from an “experimental” sub with less than 25 dives.

I’d rather die from the pressure imploding the sub vs dealing w the slow process of knowing you’re going to die once the oxygen levels are fully depleted

Back