Welcome To aBlackWeb

A $250,000 per seat Titanic tourist submarine has imploded

I wonder if yall making jokes would make the same jokes about somebody flying in a plane. sure one has more risks than the other but gotdamn. Folks have died in expensive private planes.. folks have died on cheapo/budget airlines.

If the people responsible for getting folks from point a to point b dont do their job or make sure the necessary safety protocols are in place that shit is fucked up.

Neither situation lessens the loss of life.

like basic having basic humanity shouldnt be the outlier here imo. Nasty work
Inori

If one of the people that enters that Red Bull contest where you half bake put some shit together to fly attempted to do the same thing off the top of the Eiffel Tower, talking about they believe they can fly, then Wile E Coyote poof into the ground, I would feel the same way

Taking it another step, if somehow someone tried to recreate kid Icarus attempt to fly near the sun despite decades of science showing that it is practically impossible and they vaporized as they approached it, I would feel the same way

What this isn't, is a cruise liner getting lost at sea and somehow sinking to their death nor a plane having a malfunction mid flight and passengers dying.

I'm sorry brother, I just can't find my humanity for THIS particular situation and I'm personally at peace with that.

Inori

If one of the people that enters that Red Bull contest where you half bake put some shit together to fly attempted to do the same thing off the top of the Eiffel Tower, talking about they believe they can fly, then Wile E Coyote poof into the ground, I would feel the same way

Taking it another step, if somehow someone tried to recreate kid Icarus attempt to fly near the sun despite decades of science showing that it is practically impossible and they vaporized as they approached it, I would feel the same way

What this isn't, is a cruise liner getting lost at sea and somehow sinking to their death nor a plane having a malfunction mid flight and passengers dying.

I'm sorry brother, I just can't find my humanity for THIS particular situation and I'm personally at peace with that.
I do feel bad for the teen, he had his whole life ahead of him

Inori

But do you think its funny?

I think that is what he is getting at.

Inori

that's fine fam. Im just expressing how I can find my humanity in it all... and express my disgust with people making jokes about it.

people make stupid decisions all the time..and many pay the ultimate price for their stupid decisions everyday through all walks of life.

I find it distasteful to point and laugh at the loss of life tho. I realize im prolly in the minority here.

Yall enjoy or whatever

Not sure this would be considered thrill seeking or compared to those. This was tourism gone bad

To me, it meets similar motives. Adventurism, defiance in the face of probable danger, engaging with the unknown, and just doing something extreme.

If we're calling it tourism then we might as well compare it to basic air travel or riding a train. its really not comparable imo.

I'd put it on an even worse and more dangerous level than going into space. Those kinds of depths of the ocean are rarely traversed. This companies moves are really in an infancy stage.

RIP to them all except for the dude who ran the shit. He a piss poor human being for heading up all this for the sake of greed. Senseless deaths for nothin. That Netflix doc gonna be a crazy.

This is what I'm saying. Other people's accounts of him have been that he was quick to rush shit and fix things on the go.

Like if you wanna play Mr. Adventurer and Innovator and ur some kind of go getter when it comes to risking death for the sake of reward, then do that shit urself and don't dupe other people into paying thousands to join your death sub.

I can't help but feel the tourists ignorance was preyed on.

I remember Jordan’s being like $200.
They said people was killing for them. More in some sections than others. People in the more dangerous sections still bought them. They gambled with life over $200.
Was that funny or looked at like niggas and money will soon be parted?

Ok fine.
I made posts about migrants dying crossing the seas to get to Europe and made posts about Africans dying in the alps to get a better life by washing dishes. On a “black” website it was no sympathy for them.

Could those same Africans laugh at black Americans and say you died over sneakers you know people are being killed for?

Them 500 migrants are a fraction of the deaths every year from people crossing the water. Let’s not use that as some sort of justified joke or caring point when the shit ain’t news or cared for any other time.

Life is life
There comes a point where it’s ok to say …damn that’s fucked up without making it about something people die for everyday on each end of the spectrum.

that's fine fam. Im just expressing how I can find my humanity in it all... and express my disgust with people making jokes about it.

people make stupid decisions all the time..and many pay the ultimate price for their stupid decisions everyday through all walks of life.

I find it distasteful to point and laugh at the loss of life tho. I realize im prolly in the minority here.

Yall enjoy or whatever
Thank you for the clarification brother

Dawn Wright just went to the Challenger Deep last year. First black person to do it. It's not about waning quality, it's the fact this particular group went down there in some fuckity equipment.

DSV Limiting Factor is top-shelf $37 million and made by Triton who are industry leaders. The Titan was dogshit.

QPUYvXyyTjONs83shDqI
It was not a submarine, but an underwater craft

Then the question is, what was it they heard knocking on the seabed??Spooky

I wonder if yall making jokes would make the same jokes about somebody flying in a plane. sure one has more risks than the other but gotdamn. Folks have died in expensive private planes.. folks have died on cheapo/budget airlines.

If the people responsible for getting folks from point a to point b dont do their job or make sure the necessary safety protocols are in place that shit is fucked up.

Neither situation lessens the loss of life.

like having basic humanity shouldnt be the outlier here imo. Nasty work

Nobody gives a shit about the filthy rich dying because they did something stupid, and this was about as stupid as it gets.

$250k to go see the Titanic in a carbon fiber tube with a goddamned game controller as piloting equipment? People with common sense would have been like "hell fuck nawl" the moment dude pulled out a game controller. But the filthy rich are in this game of one-upsmanship where they gotta do something nobody else has done to have something to talk about at the next black tie affair they attend. They died doing something they had to sign an death waiver for... And died. They knew what they signed up for.

Meanwhile, impoverished Africans drown in large numbers all the time trying to reach European soil by crossing the Mediterranean so they can have a chance at a better life and none of the people crying over these white men of wealth gives one flying fuck about it. Haitians drown trying to reach Florida all the time, again none of them people give a fuck.

So why should any of us give two fucks about these dudes??? The one and only death that I think was really fucked up was the 19 year old that died in all of this. The rest of them dudes...

HelplessCapitalBlueshark-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back