Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News 7 dead, 41 hospitalized in mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade, shooter being sought

Nope. Because a background check for a job goes deeper than that.

He didnt have any convictions that would have prevented him from purchasing so the strictest bc still wouldnt have worked.

However, had the local and state police applied Illinois red flag law like they were supposed to this whole thing woild have been prevented

Its what we beem saying. There are tons of laws already on the books. They just dont enforce them on certain ppl

He didnt have any convictions that would have prevented him from purchasing so the strictest bc still wouldnt have worked.

However, had the local and state police applied Illinois red flag law like they were supposed to this whole thing woild have been prevented

Its what we beem saying. There are tons of laws already on the books. They just dont enforce them on certain ppl
Y’all are only applying a background check to a criminal level. There can be a lot more to background checks than just a criminal search. Many of these shooters are not criminals before they do what they do. So I’m saying the laws on the books should go farther to include additional layers to a background check.

As far as red flag laws, can’t rely on family and friends to always report a person. They almost always give family the benefit of the doubt. This dude’s own daddy helped him get guns.

In this case if the red flag law was applied by the police it would have helped, but in the Uvalde shooting you’re relying on the family or friends to say something and they didn’t.

I say the more laws or more stringent the laws the better, especially if we’re not banning these rifles altogether.

Um, no it doesn't. Where you working that it goes beyond local or state???

Unless you're going for a government clearance there's no reason to get that deep.

Dont most jobs these days at least check your social media tho? Might not be a deep dive but I was under the impression that they do a cursory look

Dont most jobs these days at least check your social media tho? Might not be a deep dive but I was under the impression that they do a cursory look

How they gon check something you can have private lol

NY passed a law saying you have to surrender all your social media names to buy a gun. Not sure they require you to accept them to view what you been saying though

next is going to be your phone and text records

And you know where that will lead

How they gon check something you can have private lol

NY passed a law saying you have to surrender all your social media to buy a gun.

next is going to be your phone and text records

And you know where that will lead

I get it. Slippery slope and all that.. but Alot of people dont keep their pages private.. especially those seeking attention.

So a simple google search of a persons name can turn up alotta shit.. seems like it's the bare minimum you could do when doing a background check lol

I don't know if they still do that shit or not. I figured it was a thing of the past at this point.

Um, no it doesn't. Where you working that it goes beyond local or state???

Unless you're going for a government clearance there's no reason to get that deep.
I’m saying it only does criminal. Some job background checks do credit, most ask for references, some hiring managers will lookup people online, etc. You could even say an interview is a type of background check.

I’m not sure what kind of work you do but there’s no way a person buying a gun gets vetted more than a job applicant.

I don't know if they still do that shit or not. I figured it was a thing of the past at this point.
I’m a hiring manager and I look up everybody I’ve ever interviewed for jobs. I’ve never seen anything that disqualified a candidate, but I’m hiring accountants and managers so they typically keep their shit right.

I’m saying it only does criminal. Some job background checks do credit, most ask for references, some hiring managers will lookup people online, etc.

I’m not sure what kind of work you do but there’s no way a person buying a gun gets vetted more than a job applicant.

I work in IT engineering and network security. Just inked a new contract that I start on Monday. Criminal background check and that's it. If I went back into defense/govt contracting I would expect the FBI out to interview me, my family, my neighbors, and 5th grade teachers and shit so I could get a TS/SCI or a DOE Q clearance. Pretty sure they'd ask about my guns as well 'cause they already know I own them.

Y'all gotta remember, the number of muhfuckas running out to buy guns to commit mass shootings is minuscule compared to the number of owners that are law abiding.

And anyone working at a spot where managers are looking at your social media shit need to get out of there. What you post ain't got shit to do with how you conduct yourself at the office or your performance.

I’m a hiring manager and I look up everybody I’ve ever interviewed for jobs. I’ve never seen anything that disqualified a candidate, but I’m hiring accountants and managers so they typically keep their shit right.

How do you handle folks that have all of their socials private?

I thought they did exactly what they were suppose to do? What kinda insider information you got?

I was reading an article earlier. The local police alerted the state police, but the state said well we can't do anything because he doesn't even have an FOID, otherwise we would revoke it

But the whole purpose of red flags laws are to prevent ppl like this from legally buying firearms in the first place. So what if he didn't have a card YET, the fact that he had these other situations, regardless of whether the family cooperated or not, he should have been flagged had a judge hearing bare minimum.

Y’all are only applying a background check to a criminal level. There can be a lot more to background checks than just a criminal search. Many of these shooters are not criminals before they do what they do. So I’m saying the laws on the books should go farther to include additional layers to a background check.

As far as red flag laws, can’t rely on family and friends to always report a person. They almost always give family the benefit of the doubt. This dude’s own daddy helped him get guns.

In this case if the red flag law was applied by the police it would have helped, but in the Uvalde shooting you’re relying on the family or friends to say something and they didn’t.

I say the more laws or more stringent the laws the better, especially if we’re not banning these rifles altogether.

So what exactly else would they check, serious question. There's already federal law that require states to report mental health issues so they can update NICS. But again, it depends on people doing their jobs. Just like the VA Tech piece of shit, he already was prohibited by a court from possessing firearms but the state never sent it to NICS.

This is why we keep saying more laws aren't the answer. Why create more laws when they're following the ones in place now? The vast majority of these so called common sense gun laws have been in place for the longest, yet this keeps happening. And every time they make the guns the focus when it's really the failure of the system to police whites like it does everyone else. That's what we all need to be up in arms about.

How do you handle folks that have all of their socials private?
I don’t worry about it. When I look I’m looking for glaring red flags. And I’m kind of half looking because most of my decision is going to be based on other things like experience, interviews, etc. I’m not expecting anything crazy from a 45 year old accountant with 20 years of experience.

I work in IT engineering and network security. Just inked a new contract that I start on Monday. Criminal background check and that's it. If I went back into defense/govt contracting I would expect the FBI out to interview me, my family, my neighbors, and 5th grade teachers and shit so I could get a TS/SCI or a DOE Q clearance. Pretty sure they'd ask about my guns as well 'cause they already know I own them.

Y'all gotta remember, the number of muhfuckas running out to buy guns to commit mass shootings is minuscule compared to the number of owners that are law abiding.

And anyone working at a spot where managers are looking at your social media shit need to get out of there. What you post ain't got shit to do with how you conduct yourself at the office or your performance.
It may have something to do with team chemistry though. And it can reveal certain personality traits that may not fit with the role. If I see the person is obviously racist from their profile I think that does matter.

But like I said in my last post, I’m looking for glaring red flags. And I’m not digging deep. If someone’s say a Trump supporter I’m not going to disqualify them if they check all the boxes.

So what exactly else would they check, serious question. There's already federal law that require states to report mental health issues so they can update NICS. But again, it depends on people doing their jobs. Just like the VA Tech piece of shit, he already was prohibited by a court from possessing firearms but the state never sent it to NICS.

This is why we keep saying more laws aren't the answer. Why create more laws when they're following the ones in place now? The vast majority of these so called common sense gun laws have been in place for the longest, yet this keeps happening. And every time they make the guns the focus when it's really the failure of the system to police whites like it does everyone else. That's what we all need to be up in arms about.
They just added checking school records if you’re 18-21. Or some sort of juvenile record.

Add arrests and police reports to the check. If the arrest or person listed in the police report as an assailant was violent it’s flagged. At minimum it goes to further review.

I don’t know how good a social media search would be since there’s no single data point definitively linking a person to a profile.

Maybe institute a registry that tracks gun and ammo purchases and flags irregular purchase patterns. Maybe doesn’t prevent a person from buying but a little more scrutiny is given.

I don’t have all the answers, but leaving it up to people reporting family and friends isn’t always going to work. I’m not saying to not have red flag laws though. I just want to do all that we can.

And people focus on the gun because that’s the one thing if taken away will greatly reduce the frequency and severity of these attacks. No law will have as dramatic an effect.

Back