Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News 7 dead, 41 hospitalized in mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade, shooter being sought

im curious what kind of background checks these folks are conducting if none of these police reports and other warning signs that regular people were able to find with a fuckin google search of his name and socials showed up.. and if they did show up.. why he was still allowed to get these weapons

im curious what kind of background checks these folks are conducting if none of these police reports and other warning signs that regular people were able to find with a fuckin google search of his name and socials showed up.. and if they did show up.. why he was still allowed to get these weapons
I read that sometime after the threats on himself and his family his dad cosigned the FOID card

Look at the post before this one

I read that sometime after the threats on himself and his family his dad cosigned the FOID card

His father basically said "Hey...wasn't my fault"

That's what im not getting though. If they had police reports and all that... Even with the dads cosign, something should have went off to warrant another look to see if this person should really get a damn gun like this

They check your criminal background. This is why getting red flag laws on the books across the country is so critical because it would allow local cops (who initiate the NICS search) to flag people so they can't buy a gun of any type. If dude was labeled a "clear and present danger", a flag would have been set and he would have been denied a purchase.

They check your criminal background. This is why getting red flag laws on the books across the country is so critical because it would allow local cops (who initiate the NICS search) to flag people so they can't buy a gun of any type. If dude was labeled a "clear and present danger", a flag would have been set and he would have been denied a purchase.

ahhh ok gotcha I see the distinction now... at least I think I do

So a person could be abusing their spouse or partner and have the police repeatedly called on them.. but if they were never officially charged and convicted.. none of that shit would even show up in a background check? yeesh

So a person could be abusing their spouse or partner and have the police repeatedly called on them.. but if they were never officially charged and convicted.. none of that shit would even show up in a background check? yeesh

Gotta have a conviction. You can have anyone arrested for shit, but if it doesn't end in a conviction then it's pointless. This is why it frustrates the shit out of DA's when folks don't follow-through on DV cases. However, if the person seems mentally unstable and the cops ascertain that they could be a threat to themselves or others, the flag is set and a hearing would be called to have that legitimized and get it to stick. No conviction needed, just a gut feeling on the part of law enforcement or family of the individual.

Gotta have a conviction. You can have anyone arrested for shit, but if it doesn't end in a conviction then it's pointless. This is why it frustrates the shit out of DA's when folks don't follow-through on DV cases. However, if the person seems mentally unstable and the cops ascertain that they could be a threat to themselves or others, the flag is set and a hearing would be called to have that legitimized and get it to stick. No conviction needed, just a gut feeling on the part of law enforcement or family of the individual.

preciate the clarity on this bruh

Illinois has red flag laws as of Jan 1st 2019. That piece of shit had threatened to kill his family the same year, attempted suicide and the police remove 16 knives a sword and other shit from his home.

They also alerted state police who surprise...didnt do shit. Their reason? He didnt have an FOID card at the time so there was nothing for them to revoke or take action on.

Bull.Fucking.Shit.

This is why I dont trust red flag laws. They WILL NOT apply them equally.

Lockup the father and fire every leo who failed to red flag his ass

Aye @konceptjones .you see that one of the guns he had in the car was the same keltec foldable joint you got?

kima-bunk.gif

Goddammit... They're prolly gonna try to make a big deal out of it at some point due to it's design. At least they can't call it "high powered".

Wikipedia is now listing a Smith and Wesson M&P15 as the weapon used... Which kinda doesn't make sense 'cause the reports say it was "similar to" an AR15, but not saying that it was one.

Wikipedia is now listing a Smith and Wesson M&P15 as the weapon used... Which kinda doesn't make sense 'cause the reports say it was "similar to" an AR15, but not saying that it was one.

Wiki also says the Smith and Wesson M&P15 is an AR-15 style semi automatic. It’s all semantics

Which is why I found it funny when people were saying there are already strict background checks, lol.

Background checks need to involve a person’s social media, prior run-ins with the law, prior arrests, a psych eval, and co-signs from other people saying that person is cool.

Which is why I found it funny when people were saying there are already strict background checks, lol.

Background checks need to involve a person’s social media, prior run-ins with the law, prior arrests, a psych eval, and co-signs from other people saying that person is cool.

Strict from a criminal point of view. Federal, state, and local ain't strict to you???

Back